IGNORED

Global Gladiators "Game of the Year" un-released packaging

TPR

So tonight while I was going through some boxes I came across a copy of Global Gladiators with the (I believe) unreleased "Game of the Year" packaging. I've had it sitting in a box for 20-something years since when I used to work for Virgin. Is this worth anything or of any interest to anyone?

11106283_10155429353645370_1470541869_n.jpg

I was ready to trash you for having anything to do with this awful game, but looking at the list of games you've been involved with in some form or another, I saw Vice and GunNac for the NES, which are two of my favorites.

So... Good job.

I do NOT like Dave Perry, though.

I haven't had any association with DP in over 20 years so I have no idea what he's like now. Although I will say that working on Aladdin was probably a highlight of my games career, so there was some good times in there. As far as Gun-Nac goes, that was a fun project, too! The manual, etc was all written by myself and one other guy that worked at Nexoft at the time. We didn't have the internets then so it was completely just us looking at the Japanese game and coming up with a "story" for the US version! lol

The manual, etc was all written by myself and one other guy that worked at Nexoft at the time. We didn't have the internets then so it was completely just us looking at the Japanese game and coming up with a "story" for the US version! lol

I would read that manual cover to cover whenever I rented that game as a kid.

Any other stories from that time? You would have a captivated audience in me if you decided to spill beans. I'm a huge fan of all that behind-the-scenes type stuff.

You know, I probably do...and if some of them come up on this forum from time to time, I'll be happy to post about it. But my whole game career is sort of like "past life" for me, and now I'm just a retro game enthusiast because that's kind of how I got into games in the first place! Everything is cyclical, right? lol I'm sure stories will come up at random again... But in many ways my time in the games biz was a "job" and now I want to have fun with games again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...