Jump to content
  • entries
    30
  • comments
    34
  • views
    21,350

Resolutions for 2018?


OLD CS1

767 views

blog-0942037001514875295.png

How about 800x600? HAHAHAHAHA

 

No, but seriously. I will refrain from elaborating on my principle and philosophic aversion to New Year Resolutions (which nearly got me into trouble in third grade,) instead I want to make a short plan for 2018.

 

First part of my plan is to finally buckle down on my conversion of Arkanoid for the TI-99/4A. I have put a ton of work into the assets so not finishing the game will be a disastrous waste and let-down.

 

Secondly, I started on a project last year to produce a clone of the ForTI sound card which will connect to @jedimatt42's 32k clone. I have been working on specs for yet another sound player which will support such a card and including the mechanisms of instruments and patterns, which has also bred a simpler sound player for the same. This entails a couple of things: I need to learn a PCB layout program and write the two sound players to support the card. One player builds on the other so this constitutes a single part rather than two parts.

 

Third, I have been working on assets for several other game conversions. In short: Demon Attack (based upon the 2600 version,) Gauntlet, and Ballblazer. I would like to actually execute the conversions but I am not confident I will have the time to do so. Ballblazer is something I have always wanted on the TI and the foundation exists thanks to @Asmusr; this will be an in-depth project for me but also fun as I have been studying the algorithmic process of creating the theme.

 

While Gauntlet has been intimated and effectively claimed by another in the TI forum, this is also a game I have always wanted on the TI and would like to try my hand at. If it looks like I will not be on the road to started these games by 2019 I will release the assets I have built to that point -- sound, graphics, and whatever programming.

 

Irrespective of the progression of the games themselves I will likely continue posting up my music in blog posts as I have been doing.

 

Meanwhile I have been working on my sound_list.rexx script and expanding it to manipulate and perform conversions between ISR sound lists, PSG VGMs, and my special ForTI format. Once I adapt the script to manage stereo VGMs the simple four-chip ForTI clone format will be easier. The VGM output is working well and I am currently working on procedures for merging and optimizing lists and producing SIDdump-like outputs. In terms of creating, I have been looking at Deflemask, a multi-format tracker which includes PSG, as a replacement for my laborious use of Rasmus' SoundListRipper. Being that Rexx is a bit esoteric in the home computer arena outside of the Amiga world I have been tossing around the idea of converting to Perl, but that is way down on the priority list.

  • Like 1

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...