Jump to content

ivop's Blog

  • entries
    16
  • comments
    31
  • views
    48,513

ivop

3,430 views

I have been back using my Atari 800 XL for about six months now. I bought a MyIDE cart to backup all my old floppies. Most of them were still readable. I did not really like the MyIDE cart though. Well, the cart is fine, it's mainly the patched O.S. It's a pity it doesn't support mixing SIO and IDE devices very well. So, I dug out my old SIO2PC cables. I had one MAX232 version and one using an MC1489. Both looked like crap (they were soldered very badly) so I decided to rebuild one. I "designed" a small PCB for the MAX232 version. Here it is:

 

Schematic:

blogentry-20947-1242222909_thumb.png

 

PCB: (normal and mirrored version)

blogentry-20947-1242222790_thumb.pngblogentry-20947-1242222900_thumb.png

 

Component placement:

blogentry-20947-1242222916_thumb.png

  • Like 2

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...