Search Events

Happening Near You

Showing events near your current location. See more events by location

We couldn't find any events happening soon near you. Check back later!

Online Events

• Dec 03

Atari BBS Community Zoom Chat

Just your regular Atari BBS Community Zoom Meet Reminder   As always, we meet on the first Sunday and third Friday of every month.  The next meeting is Sunday, December 3rd at 3pm Eastern.   No real agenda for this since my work project is in it's final stages, but those tend to be the most fun!  (Rumor has it, we might have some people showing off some new IGS work!)  

• Dec 16

Figured since this is the last one of the year (and kinda short notice) I'd post in a few more places....   Just your regular Atari BBS Community Zoom Meet Reminder... sorry for the late reminder.   As always, we meet on the first Sunday and third Friday of every month... the next meeting is tonight, Friday, December 15th at 8pm Eastern. No real agenda for this since my wo

• Jan 07
     - 

Atari BBS Community 1st Sunday Zoom Chat

Sorry its late been working on the magic URL   It's time for your Atari BBS Community Zoom Chat Reminder!   http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat   Forevermore (and by that I mean as long as we do this or as long as I don't get hit by a bus) that will be the Zoom Chat Link.   Magic as in most of the time, it will give the info and agenda for the next meeting, and

• Jan 20
     - 

Atari BBS Community 3rd Friday Zoom Chat

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for Friday, January 19th 2024 at 8pm Eastern.   For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat   This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts).   Hope to see you there!  

• Feb 04

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for Sunday, February 4th 2024 at 3pm Eastern.   For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat   This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts).   Hope to see you there!  

• Mar 03

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for Sunday, March 3rd 2024 at 3pm Eastern.   For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat   This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts).   This will likely be a Michtron 3.0

• Mar 16
     - 

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for Sunday, March 15th 2024 at 8pm Eastern. For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts). We're all dying to know... how did YOU spend "Baud Day

• Apr 20
     - 

Apologies for the very late reminder...   Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for tonight, Friday, April 19th 2024 at 8pm Eastern.   For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat   This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the me

Browse By Month

• Dec 03

Just your regular Atari BBS Community Zoom Meet Reminder   As always, we meet on the first Sunday and third Friday of every month.  The next meeting is Sunday, December 3rd at 3pm Eastern.   No real agenda for this since my work project is in it's final stages, but those tend to be the most fun!  (Rumor has it, we might have some people showing off some new IGS work!)  

• Dec 16

Figured since this is the last one of the year (and kinda short notice) I'd post in a few more places....   Just your regular Atari BBS Community Zoom Meet Reminder... sorry for the late reminder.   As always, we meet on the first Sunday and third Friday of every month... the next meeting is tonight, Friday, December 15th at 8pm Eastern. No real agenda for this since my wo

• Dec 01

835 & 1030 BBS Program Released

In December 1984, Gardner Computing Company released the 835 & 1030 BBS Program. The BBS software retailed at $74.95 + $2.50 shipping. An auto-answer/ring-detector module was included with the BBS since the supported modems did not provide auto-answer functionality (source: ROM Magazine v1i9 page 37). The software was later sold by a company called Duplicating Technologies, Inc. (DT). See

• Dec 10

Randy Suess, co-inventor of the BBS passes away

On this day in 2019, Randy Suess, co-inventor of the Computer Bulletin Board System passes away at age 74. Randy created the BBS with his friend, Ward Christensen, in January 1978 during a blizard in Chicago, Illinois. 

• Dec 23

Part-Time returns online!

On December 23, 2017, The Part-Time BBS returns online.   The Part-Time BBS was the longest running Atari 8 bit BBS in the 216 Cleveland Ohio area code. It was originally online from 1985 to early 2000.  Part-Time's telnet address is: ptbbs.ddns.net port 8000. More information on Part-Time is available at http://ptbbs.loginto.me:7000/pt.html.   

• Dec 26

Cleveland Freenet Atari SIG Goes Online

An Atari Special Interest Group (SIG) on the Cleveland (Ohio) Freenet goes online on or around this day, December 26th, in 1986. The Cleveland Freenet (CFN) went online in July 1986. CFN was a a free public community computer system, the first of its kind in the world. When it first went online, users would dial into the system with a computer modem. Later, CFN would also allow Internet telnet con

• Dec 31

The number of BBSs multiply in 1979

According to the December, 1979 issue of Byte magazine (Volume 4, Number 12, page 103) , the number of BBSs online reach nearly 60 systems online! Just one year prior, in 1978, there were only 3 BBSs online! Of course, this growth will continue until its peak in 1994 where Infoworld magazine (September 5, 1994, Volume 16, number 36, page 52) estimated that there were 60,000 BBSes in the United Sta

• Jan 01

Basement BBS Upgrades Modem and Software

In January 1987, the Basement BBS upgraded its software to the original BBS Express! software by Keith Ledbetter. The Basement also added an Avatex 1200 modem connected to the BBS' Atari 800XL with an ICD P:R: Connection.   The Avatex 1200 modem was a rather inexpensive 1200 baud modem. However, it was partially Hayes Compatible. The partial Hayes compatibility worked OK with BBS Express

• Jan 01

BB/ST is released

Around this time in 1989 the BB/ST Bulletin Board Software by Steve Grimm for the Atari ST was released. The software was published by Quantum Microsystems Incorporated and retailed for $49.95. A review of the software is available here.    

• Jan 01

Boot Factory BBS goes online

In January 1984, the Boot Factory Atari BBS goes online for the first time. Boot Factory has undergone many changes over the years including a version that was run on a PC. Today, it is an Atari 8 bit BBS running BBS Express Pro!. SysOp Abdul acquired the BBS Express Pro! software from his friend, Keith Ledbetter. Ledbetter had shut down his BBS after he sold the rights of the BBS Express Pro! sof

No more events this month

No more events to show

There were no events matching your search