IGNORED

Actionauts

yuppicide

Now correct me if im wrong,but Rob came on this board a while ago asking us if someone would be kind enough to help him dump the rom for this game,we got all excited thinking that the rom would be available to us,but instead he is now selling the game.Is the rom floating around anywhere ??

You are right!

Now correct me if im wrong,but Rob came on this board a while ago asking us if someone would be kind enough to help him dump the rom for this game,we got all excited thinking that the rom would be available to us,but instead he is now selling the game.

I agree, it would be nice to have the ROM available. But I didn't get the impression the ROM would be public available soon.

Now correct me if im wrong,but Rob came on this board a while ago asking us if someone would be kind enough to help him dump the rom for this game,we got all excited thinking that the rom would be available to us,but instead he is now selling the game.

I agree, it would be nice to have the ROM available. But I didn't get the impression the ROM would be public available soon.

Ahhh, so Rob is driving double tracked!

More news I received via email.. it sounds like something Wonder007 should buy:

Dear shawn,

Thanks for responding. People have asked me why I haven't done anything with Actionauts earlier. I'm not really sure, actually . I guess it's because Actionauts represents the end of an era, I abandoned working on the game in June 1984, when it became crystal clear that the Atari 2600 business was really over.

Truth be told, the 2600 has never really gone away. People like yourself have kept it alive over the years, as have I. Because just like you kept the system alive by collecting so many of the games there were made for it, holding on to Actionauts, the last game for the system I ever worked on, was my own little way of keeping the flame burning.

I guess maybe I was always hoping the 2600 would come back one day, and then I would finish it!

They say that guys never really get over their first girlfriend. And I sort of believe that. Well, in some ways the 2600 wasn't that different to me, then Cathy Souza was. Cathy was my first girlfriend, at 17. The 2600 was the first system I ever made a game on, four years later. They were both my first, they both taught me a great deal, and like all the first love's in a man's life ... Cathy and Stella eventually both broke my heart.

And this is as it should be.

So with this context, I invite you to learn about the history of Actionauts, and a brief description.

http://cmpgnr.com/r.html?c=1062785&r=1...mp;g=0&f=-1

Yes, I am planning to make both the single existing prototype available for sale , as well as offering a 'collector's edition' after the prototype has been sold. You can find relevant details here.

If you are receiving this email, this means you are among the first 250 people on the list to be offered Actionauts. I'll keep you posted as to what is going on.

Cheers,

Rob Fulop

This is awesome!!!! :) This is sssssooooooooo cool for the community!!! :)

More news I received via email.. it sounds like something Wonder007 should buy:

Dear shawn,

Thanks for responding. People have asked me why I haven't done anything with Actionauts earlier. I'm not really sure, actually . I guess it's because Actionauts represents the end of an era, I abandoned working on the game in June 1984, when it became crystal clear that the Atari 2600 business was really over.

Truth be told, the 2600 has never really gone away. People like yourself have kept it alive over the years, as have I. Because just like you kept the system alive by collecting so many of the games there were made for it, holding on to Actionauts, the last game for the system I ever worked on, was my own little way of keeping the flame burning.

I guess maybe I was always hoping the 2600 would come back one day, and then I would finish it!

They say that guys never really get over their first girlfriend. And I sort of believe that. Well, in some ways the 2600 wasn't that different to me, then Cathy Souza was. Cathy was my first girlfriend, at 17. The 2600 was the first system I ever made a game on, four years later. They were both my first, they both taught me a great deal, and like all the first love's in a man's life ... Cathy and Stella eventually both broke my heart.

And this is as it should be.

So with this context, I invite you to learn about the history of Actionauts, and a brief description.

Yes, I am planning to make both the single existing prototype available for sale , as well as offering a 'collector's edition' after the prototype has been sold. You can find relevant details here.

If you are receiving this email, this means you are among the first 250 people on the list to be offered Actionauts. I'll keep you posted as to what is going on.

Cheers,

Rob Fulop

Edited by Wonder007

Besides the game itself, I enjoy just reading stories like that from people in the business.

I hope Rob decides to do some more games in the future. There is no other game system that touches my heart as much as an Atari 2600.

Sure, I've had many systems over the years, sure I played the heck out of Super Mario Bros when it first came out, but I still go back to the 2600 most often.

Someone I used to be friends with laughs because I play Atari games. He was a little younger than me. He grew up in a different time. His father wasn't around like mine was.

I have fond memories of playing the 2600 with my father. I remember we got the system and played the heck out of Space Invaders together. He was much better at Enduro than me, although he was a lot older in my defense. I remember the Custers Revenge game he had tucked away and I wasn't allowed to play. I remember going to the "indoor fleamarket" on Route 22 in Watchung, NJ and there was a store there that had 2600 games. The wall was covered! Just picture your bedroom wall covered with 2600 boxes. It was like that of all new stuff. We bought Deadly Duck instead of Journey. I wanted Journey. I remember the time I played Laser Blast for like 6 hours straight and finally got bored and turned the Atari off. Even fooling around I couldn't lose that game.

My "uncle" -- I write Uncle in quotes because he wasn't related to the family other than my Aunt was dating his brother for like ever. He worked for some company that had to do with the game industry. Not sure what. He had the most games of anyone I know back then. He might have some rare or protos for all I know. Unfortunately I don't have contact with that side of the family for like 12 years now.

I got the same mail from Rob...... :cool:

How long after you signed up did you receive the email? I signed up about... oh, 12 hours ago and I have yet to receive the "You're in the first 250" email. I did confirm my email address and all that, I just haven't gotten any other emails besides the confirmation one.