IGNORED

The 2007 AtariAge Holiday Sale Has Arrived!

Albert

The 2007 AtariAge Holiday Sale Has Arrived!

It's that time of year and we know many of you have been waiting patiently for the 2007 Holiday Sale! We have a wealth of new games for the 2600 and 7800, and the return of some older games as well! Plus, we have a new holiday cart this year, Stella's Stocking! And if that weren't enough, we are giving away spiffy new AtariAge refrigerator magnets, as well as five Flashback 2 video game consoles to five lucky customers! This year's sale will run through January 20th, 2008. Please be aware that holiday sale orders will not ship until after January 1st.

So here are the details of this year's holiday sale!

2007 Holiday Cart: Stella's Stocking!

2007_sale_2.jpgThis year's cartridge is not one, but FIVE different games and we're calling it Stella's Stocking! A large team of programmers, artists and designers worked hard to create a very unique offering for this year's Holiday Cart! From the moment you fire up Stella's Stocking you'll realize you have something special. To cram five different games into this cartridge, along with a menu that features quite possibly the best music ever heard from a 2600 game, we created a new 64K board just for this release! This is the first 64K Atari 2600 game we've produced, and you can get a copy free as part of this year's holiday sale! For complete details on how you an obtain Stella's Stocking, click here!

Other New Games:

This year's holiday sale sees the introduction of a large slate of new games for the 2600 and 7800! Aside from Stella's Stocking, here's what else we've just added to the store (follow the links to learn more about each game):

2007_sale_1.jpg

New AtariAge Magnets!

You've probably seen the blue refrigerator magnets that we've been giving away for some time now. In anticipation of this sale, we've created a set of seven new AtariAge magnets! For this sale we're making available the first three of these seven magnets. Here's a picture!

2007_sale_6.jpgWe've brought back a few games from the past, including last year's holiday cart, Toyshop Trouble, for those who missed it the first time around! We also have more copies of Ken Sider's popular Beef Drop for the Atari 7800, as well as a game we haven't seen in a while, Castle Crisis for the Atari 8-bit computers (and we only have a limited number of these!). Andrew Davie's classic 2600 homebrew game Qb also makes an appearance again, and will only be available during this year's holiday sale. And finally, we also have the AtariVox back in stock and we know these will go quickly! You can learn more about each of items below by following these links:

Flashback 2 Giveaway!

2007_sale_3.jpgWe've obtained five brand new Atari Flashback 2 game consoles and we're giving them away! With your order placed through January 20th you will be entered in a random drawing for one of five Flashback 2 consoles, shipped free to you! We will then draw five lucky winners after the end of January and notify the winners by email. Please make sure your email address is correct in the store! No purchase is necessary to enter the drawing: To enter without making a purchase in the store, please send your name, address and email address on a postcard or in an envelope to: Flashback 2 Giveaway, AtariAge, 383 Broadway, Lorain, OH 44052. Entries must be received by January 31st in order to be eligible for the drawing.

Many Games Discounted!

Many older games have been reduced in price anywhere from 10% - 50% off! Take advantage of these savings now, as once the holiday sale is over they will return to their normal prices! Here are some examples:

The above isn't a complete list of items that have been reduced--you can view all sale items here!

Sale Summary

To recap:

• Purchase $100 or more and receive this year's holiday cart, Stella's Stocking, free!
  • For every $25 you purchase, you'll receive one of the three new AtariAge magnets!
  • Win a free Flashback 2 video game console by purchasing $100 or more!
  • Many older games are 10% or more off!
  • Sale runs through January 20th, 2008.
  • Important Note: Holiday sale orders will not ship until after January 1st.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

http://www.atariage.com/store/

Gotta con the wife out of $90 for those three 7800 titles, and also find a 2600 title to push the total over $100. I dunno if that's gonna happen, but if it does, this will be my first year of getting a 2600 holiday cart. I got Santa Simon last year, not sure if that's an official AA holiday cart, though.

Are b*nQ, Asteroids Deluxe and Space Duel limited releases, or will they be made available long term like Pac-Man Collection! is?

I just sent out email to all the store subscribers, and this is the first time I tried to send out an HTML email. Unfortunately with my test accounts I have them set to only receive text emails, so that's the one I received. Did anyone receive the HTML version, and if so, does it look okay? :D

Thanks,

..Al

BTW what is Beef Drop VE?

I have one of the originals and plan getting the AtariVox, what will VE give me that the original won't?

From the store,

The VE version of Beef Drop does not contain the POKEY audio chip that the earlier, numbered release of Beef Drop contains. This means the audio uses the internal 7800 TIA audio circuitry, just as nearly the entire 7800 library does. Because of this, we are able to sell Beef Drop VE at a lower price than the version with the POKEY chip and can produce this version in larger quantities.

The audio in the VE version won't be quite as good as the POKEY version, but other than that they are identical. If you have one of the numbered versions Ken made, there's no need to buy the VE version.

..Al

I just sent out email to all the store subscribers, and this is the first time I tried to send out an HTML email. Unfortunately with my test accounts I have them set to only receive text emails, so that's the one I received. Did anyone receive the HTML version, and if so, does it look okay? :D

Thanks,

..Al

Mine was the text version.

Well, that was some Christmas fun for ME after shopping for everyone else! Chalk up one Paypal balance (mine!) cleared out; that flurry of eBay selling paid off. I'm really looking forward to the AtariVox. I have wanted one for awhile now and am happy to get one, even though it DID blow half my budget. :)

Al, I didn't get the email you mentioned at all, even though my order confirmation came through no problem, so I am assuming my email address in the store is correct. Checked all spam folders, etc., don't see anything.

Edited by phaxda