IGNORED

Peter Hirschberg ports Adventure over to the Ipod Touch

Parrothead

I know Peter and was pleasantly surprised to see Adventure ported over to the Ipod Touch/Phone Game Applications. And best part , it's free. Great job Peter, now bring us a classic and updated version of Kaboom for the Ipod. That would be awesome.

http://peterhirschberg.blogspot.com/2008/1...for-iphone.html

Is it standard Adventure or does it have the FlashBack2 title "Adventure 2" on it as well?

Wouldn't it be awesome if it had all the other hacks like Misadventure, Adventure Plus, Suicide Adventure, etc. as well?

It's just the standard Adventure we all know and love with all three levels, the easter egg, emulated perfectly. Accept you tilt the Ipod to move your square. It get's a little bit to get used to it but it works :)

He does mention in his blog this could be the first a many games he will be porting over.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised he did that. 2600 Adventure is still an active and protected property by Atari Interactive. I'd be surprised if risks porting over more games, I don't think Atari wants to see their IP devalued.

I guess get it while you still can and hope that Apple can't remotely uninstall apps.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised he did that. 2600 Adventure is still an active and protected property by Atari Interactive. I'd be surprised if risks porting over more games, I don't think Atari wants to see their IP devalued.

I guess get it while you still can and hope that Apple can't remotely uninstall apps.

http://www.intomobile.com/2008/08/11/steve...-disabling.html

http://www.intomobile.com/2008/08/11/steve...-disabling.html

Oh joy, more fascist invasions of our privacy in this world. :|

post-10357-1227186861_thumb.jpg

I love how in one of the iTunes reviews, someone says something to the effect of (paraphrasing) "very basic, maybe something like an Atari game would be" :P

I never thought I'd live long enough to experience future generations have a faulty/incomplete knowledge of Atari history. At least that was what I was hoping all this classic gaming nonsense, the conventions, the documentaries, the emulations, the sticks, would prevent.

Hey, its their phone and their well known tight controlled service. If you don't like it, don't use it. ;)

Personally, if I knew there may be 3rd party apps on a device that I've specifically constructed to remain closed, I'd

put a kill switch in as well.

Hey, its their phone and their well known tight controlled service. If you don't like it, don't use it. ;)

Personally, if I knew there may be 3rd party apps on a device that I've specifically constructed to remain closed, I'd

I won't be using it but then again I don't care if I ever get a cell phone of any kind. :P But my point is that this kind of attitude and the sheepish acceptance of the populace towards such things is what will ultimately usher in a golden new age of totalitarianism. It always starts with little things. Then a few years down the road you have the gestapo kicking your door in for your grave committing of repeated thought crimes. ;)

I won't be using it but then again I don't care if I ever get a cell phone of any kind. :P But my point is that this kind of attitude and the sheepish acceptance of the populace towards such things is what will ultimately usher in a golden new age of totalitarianism. It always starts with little things. Then a few years down the road you have the gestapo kicking your door in for your grave committing of repeated thought crimes. ;)

Overreact much?

Overreact much?

Now, now let's not get nasty. Besides I'm just hypothesizing in a very general, overall sense of things, not solely focused on Apples products.

Concerning the original topic of Adventure using the "accelerometer" it seems that would be very difficult to play.

Edited by darthkur

Concerning the original topic of Adventure using the "accelerometer" it seems that would be very difficult to play.

Well, it's a new skill to pick up, that's for sure. It's like playing the balancing game that Marble Craze was modeled after. If Apple actually supported bluetooth controllers then it would be a different story. As it is now you have to do it this way or sacrifice some screen real estate for the touchscreen.

All they have to do now is call you a terrorist (whether you are one or not) and they can lock you up and throw away the key. You have no right to a trial or any other silly little things like that. Just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean they never will. It's hard to believe we let our rights slip away like that in the name of fighting terrorism.

Overreact much?

Now, now let's not get nasty. Besides I'm just hypothesizing in a very general, overall sense of things, not solely focused on Apples products.

Nasty? Okay... I wasn't nasty in any way. My statement, which was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, stands.

Just having fun, don't take it all so seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

What would the reaction be to the kill switch if the iPhone was a Microsoft product?

What would the reaction be to the kill switch if the iPhone was a Microsoft product?

It should be the same, but since Microsoft has a much more public and volatile history regarding such things, it most likely would not. Not sure what the point is though.

Regardless, I know that certain people aren't happy about this app and violation of IP. Whether or not Apple uses a kill switch on it or not, I have no idea - probably like using an anvil instead of a flyswatter if they did though. I'd think the kill switch would be used more for apps that might have critical issues. It'd be more likely they just boot the app from the app store.

It should be the same, but since Microsoft has a much more public and volatile history regarding such things, it most likely would not. Not sure what the point is though.

Regardless, I know that certain people aren't happy about this app and violation of IP. Whether or not Apple uses a kill switch on it or not, I have no idea - probably like using an anvil instead of a flyswatter if they did though. I'd think the kill switch would be used more for apps that might have critical issues. It'd be more likely they just boot the app from the app store.

I think you understand the point well enough.