IGNORED

Retrogaming Times Monthly #60 Published

RetrogamingMonthly.jpgThe May 2009 issue of Retrogaming Times Monthly has been published. This month's issue (#60) has some new authors, new columns and ten articles:
  • Laughing Pixels (Tom Zjaba's VG comics)
  • RTM Idiocy - The Misadventures Of PIGBEAR
  • Apple ][ Incider - GBA Championship Basketball (Apple IIGS Version)
  • The Thrill Of Defeat - Pleasure & Punishment On The Unexpanded Timex Sinclair 1000
  • Videological Dig - 1983 Atarisoft Radio Commercial
  • Gaming Studies With The Tomy Tutor: Car-Azy Racer
  • Game Reviews Go On The Air
  • Phoenix Is My Game! What Is Your Game?
  • Creating Atari 2600 Games With Batari BASIC

You can read these articles and more inside the Retrogaming Times Monthly, now running 140 months in a row! You can also browse their archives to catch up on past issues.

Read it. Enjoyed it. Especially like the personal touches -- for example the Phoenix Is My Game! article which chronicles a gamer's attempts to set a world record on Phoenix , not a news blurb but from first-person perspective. I also plan to check out the online game reviews from home sometime. BATARI was nice to see but it's nothing new to me, I check out the forums here plenty on that subject.

Tell Tom to keep trying to get funnier on his comics. Perhaps he can have "Adventure of PIGBEAR". :)

Read it. Enjoyed it. Especially like the personal touches -- for example the Phoenix Is My Game! article which chronicles a gamer's attempts to set a world record on Phoenix , not a news blurb but from first-person perspective.

Thank you Cafeman! :)

Let me tell you, the praise that I have been getting has been overwelming and I am for sure very grateful! :)

Everyone - from Walter Day to a reader from Australia! Incredible!

This was my very first article that I ever wrote. I have done a couple game reviews in the past though. So, with it not only being my first professional article, but with the great praise I have been recieving, I am very happy.

Now, since I don't have a job, maybe someone will offer me a job? ;) :D :cool:

I really want to say thanks to Bryan for asking me to write an article in the first place.

Here's the link to my live world record attempt on July 18: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/zimmzamm'...-record-attempt

This might change, but for now that is where it is at. Hope everyone will have a chance to watch it or come to the event and witness hopefully the new world record.

Zimm

I have to say I really enjoyed the article also Phoenix for the 2600 is one of my top games tho I never remotely came close to your scores :D

Hope you write more on your record attempting adventures. and will check out the video

Take care hope you find a job soon know the unemployment feeling too well as many others do

Mike

EDIT: Clicked on link but can not find video if anyone has a direct link to it please post

Edited by HatNJ

Zimm

I have to say I really enjoyed the article also Phoenix for the 2600 is one of my top games tho I never remotely came close to your scores :D

Hope you write more on your record attempting adventures. and will check out the video

Take care hope you find a job soon know the unemployment feeling too well as many others do

Mike

EDIT: Clicked on link but can not find video if anyone has a direct link to it please post

thanks Mike! :) yeah, obviously I really enjoy it as well. I am even in contact with the programmer for the game and he is very happy that people still play his game.

RTM is interviewing me for the next issue. some info about my record attempting adventures will be in that as well. :) hope you enjoy it!

glad to hear that you will check out my live video. looks like I can't edit my above post, so I will try the link again here. it is still there, but for some reason the link does not work. let's try it again:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/zimmzamm'...-record-attempt

thanks for the kind words about the job search. so far it has been 3 months without a job. hopefully it will not be too much longer. I need money to feed my habit. ;)

Retrogaming Times Monthly is now an official sponsor for Video Game Summit!! :)

they told me to spread the word that for next month's issue there will be a contest to win 2 vendors tables for the event. also, there might be a contest to win the early bird admission to witness my world record attempt from the very start.

they told me to spread the word that for next month's issue there will be a contest to win 2 vendors tables for the event. also, there might be a contest to win the early bird admission to witness my world record attempt from the very start.

I can confirm that now that they have paid for their sponsorship.

Contest news coming soon

Contest news coming soon

Acuatually, the contests will be detailed in the June issue of RTM, but will be promoted outside of RTM this month without details, just telling people to watch for details in the June issue :)

There will be two contests:

1. For a free general admissions ticket to the show, which gets you in a 9:00AM (which is the time Paul Zimmerman will be going for the record Phoenix score)

2. For 2 tables at the show

Edited by Toucan

Contest news coming soon

Acuatually, the contests will be detailed in the June issue of RTM, but will be promoted outside of RTM this month without details, just telling people to watch for details in the June issue :)

There will be two contests:

1. For a free general admissions ticket to the show, which gets you in a 9:00AM (which is the time Paul Zimmerman will be going for the record Phoenix score)

2. For 2 tables at the show

that is correct, and just to clarify one thing if I may, the winners will receive their tickets by e-mail (it will be the confirmation e-mail they will receive from The EventBrite site,they must bring it to the show

to gain admission,or at least an ID )