IGNORED

Atari800MacX 4.0 Released

atarimac

All,

I just released a new version of Atari800MacX.

Atari800MacX now supports VAPI and PRO images, Copy and Paste from the emulator, Configuration files, and a new Hard Disk emulation scheme. There have been other enhancments and bug fixes as well, see below.

Features Added/Changed:

* Added support of VAPI copy-protected disk images. This does not yet enable all images, but perhaps 90%. If the VAPI dll source is ever released, this number may be increased. The current images from www.atarimania.com which are known not to work are:

o Alternate Reality: The City

o Ankh

o Attack at EP CYG 4

o Ballblazer Activision (UK)

o Jenny of the Prairie

o Mercenary - Escape from Targ _ Novagen Software

o Mr. Do!

o Music Studio (The)

o Promoteur

o Rescue on Fractalus! _ Activision (UK)

o Spy vs Spy

o Targets - A Number Game

* Added new D: patch, which provides an alternative to the H: hard drive emualtion. This sets up D5:-D8: to access hard drive directories one and two, with or without line feed translation. This allows the Macintosh hard drive direcories to be accessed by programs which do not recognize the H: device fully, such as MyDos and Action!.

* Added multiple preference configurations, allowing you to set up multiple machine configurations, and load them by opening a .a8c file.

* Added ability to paste text from the Macintosh to the Atari. The pasted text is input as keystrokes to the emulator, and should be usable in most programs.

* Added ability to copy text from the Atari to the Macintosh. The copied text can be selected using Select All, or by using the Mouse to define a selection rectangle on the screen. It works in normal video or XEP80 modes, but is not available in full screen mode, or if the Mouse is being used for Mouse Controller emulation.

* Added emulation of Atari 1200XL Function keys. You can press the Atari F1 by pressing Option-F1 in the emulator, along with optionally shift and or control. F2-F4 work the same way.

* Added alternatives for the Atari keys mapped to the Macintosh Insert/Delete/Home/End/PageUp/PageDown keys as those keys are not present on some new Macintosh keyboards.

* Added ability to use multiple analog joysticks on the same gamepad as multiple Atari joysticks.

* Added the following features from version 2.1 of Atari800 Core Emulator:

o Added Axlon and Mosaic RAM expansions for Atari 400/800

o Added emulation of MIO and Black Box

o Added support of .PRO copy-protected disk images

o Implemented tape loading with variable bitrates

o Implemented cassette writing via hardware registers

o Added emulation of CX85 numeric keyboard

o R: device can be serial-only or network-only (selectable)

Bugs Fixed

* Fixed caps lock with International Key Mapping on.

* Fixed a bug with turning joystick emulation on and off which was causing a stuck joystick.

* Fixed a bug where one analog joystick was not selectable on Gamepad 2.

* The following fixes were added from version 2.10 of Atari800:

o Fix for "Ilusia" demo

o Better GTIA bug mode emulation

o Fixed POKEY registers: ALLPOT, IRQEN and STIMER

o Various Atari5200 fixes

o Fixed Atrax cartridge bank switching

o Major source code cleanup, compiles with -pedantic etc.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

as you have not heard of me when using the beta 4.0 it ment that it works like harm and I do not switch to Atari800 or Atari800win 4.0+ quite often since I am on Mac.... ;)

it works perfect with the new WUDSN Eclipse IDE so Kudos to you!

I only had crashes when enabling the History option in the debugger/monitor but this could be my hackintosh and leopard 10.5.7 (I am not on 10.5.8, too scrary that it brokes my nc10 installation).

Heaven/TQA,

Your right, there is an issue with the history command in the monitor. It was a buffer overflow on the monitor output buffer, but once I fixed that it showed a few other problems that occured when I had integrated the changes the Atari800 team made to the CPU emulation with my monitor version.

I've found the issues, but want to do a bit more testing. I should be posting a 4.0.1 version tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mark

just downloaded the latest version and it still freezes when I enter monitor with F8 and turn the history on and then enter h...

I'm trying to use the 5200 portion of this. I downloaded the OS Rom from AA and then the Frogger .bin and then tried to run by selecting insert cartridge, but nothing happens. I've tried the available formats for 5200 carts.

Did you tell the emulator where the 5200 BIOSOS is?

Allan

I'm trying to use the 5200 portion of this. I downloaded the OS Rom from AA and then the Frogger .bin and then tried to run by selecting insert cartridge, but nothing happens. I've tried the available formats for 5200 carts.

Did you tell the emulator where the 5200 BIOSOS is?

Allan

OK, I got it to run. Now I just need to figure out how to play games with the keyboard.

Very nice work. A bit for the casual user. Would be nice if it automatically recognized OS Roms and was preconfigured for CX-52 joystick emulation with the keyboard. Then again, maybe it is. I have some exploring to do. Keep up the great work.

Brilliant - thank you! The new features are great: I especially like the way you can copy text to and from the Atari display. I haven't even touched most of the other new stuff yet: just exploring at the moment. :)

I had all kinds of problems with my OS X 10.5.4 installation recently and I've finally got it running again, and much more stable than it was before. WUDSN coupled with your emulator makes for, I think, the ideal Atari programming environment. Atari800MacX just exudes class from top to bottom.

I've noticed only a couple of oddities in this release: once or twice the close and minimise buttons have greyed out and not come back when moused over: I really need to try and reproduce that one since I can't get it to happen as I type this. :ponder:

A more obvious problem with the key-mapping (on a PC keyboard, at least) is that the <Shift+Ctrl+number keys> don't appear to produce the correct codes all the way along. 2 appears to produce the wrong code, 6 appears to produce no key at all, and 8 also appears to produce an incorrect code. I can do some more experiments on this to give accurate readings if that would be useful. I've just tested it with The Last Word so far and these mapping problems make it impossible to switch between all the different text banks properly. Presumably the offending keystrokes are throwing out the wrong CH values, thus giving an incorrect index into LW's 256 byte keyboard table (it's like the OS table but with an extra 64 bytes for Shift+Ctrl keys).

Other than that, no complaints: only gratitude that you continue to do such excellent work on this wonderful program. Long may you continue to do so.

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 3 weeks later...