IGNORED

USB Cartridge Programmer and Maxflash Studio Software Now Available!

classics

mfs_about_small.jpgkit_small.jpgmaxflash_family.jpg

The Atarimax USB Cartridge Programmer and Maxflash Studio Software are now available!

The Atarimax Maxflash Flash Cartridge System for Atari 8-bit Computers is a high quality, professionally produced cartridge creation suite for the Atari 400/800/XL/XE series computers.

This Maxflash Studio products are:

• Atarimax Maxflash 1mbit and 8mbit Flash Cartridges.
  • icon_new.gifAtarimax Maxflash USB Cartridge Programmer.
  • icon_new.gifMaxflash Studio for Windows Multi-Cart Creation Software.
  • Maxflash open-source software kit and tools.

The Maxflash Flash Cartridges, combined with the powerful new Maxflash Studio Software and USB Cartridge Programmer are the easiest way to design and produce working, tested and ready to use flash multi-carts for your Atari Computer in just minutes!

The Maxflash Studio Software includes a built-in recognition database of over 1200 of the most popular games, letting you drag and drop nearly any game program file into your cartridge workbook and have it work the first time, every time, without fussing with advanced configuration settings.

The new USB Cartridge Programmer allows you program your multi-cart creations to a real cartridge in just seconds! No more messing with in-system programming via SIO2PC, just plug, program and go!

The USB Cartridge Programmer Kit is available for Pre-Ordering now, with shipment on or before 09/15/2009.

The pre-ordering price for the USB Cartridge Programmer Kit is priced at $59.99 plus shipping.

The kit documentation, tour and ordering information is available at:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/

The Maxflash Studio Software is available for download now at the URL above.

This software also works for ISP programming via SIO2PC, so it is a free major upgrade for all current Maxflash cartridge owners, even without the USB interface!

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 2

Wow. I see you've been busy. I was trying to watch the video on the main page but it seems like it's just a Jpeg. Is something wrong with it?

Allan

I forgot to add the link to the site with the video, it should be working now. :-)

Steve

Wow. I see you've been busy. I was trying to watch the video on the main page but it seems like it's just a Jpeg. Is something wrong with it?

Allan

I forgot to add the link to the site with the video, it should be working now. :-)

Steve

Thanks,

Allan

To go along with the launch of the new software and USB programmer, I've started the contest below to win a free 8mbit flash cartridge!

No purchase is required, just use the Maxflash Studio software to create a workbook (or three!) and share them in the Maxflash Studio Workbook forum.

Details are posted below, have fun!

Steve

--

8mbit_small.jpg

Hi!

From now until 9/30/2009 you can be entered to win a free Maxflash 8mbit Flash Cartridge!

Just use the new Maxflash Studio Software to create a your own custom workbook that will fit into a 1mbit or 8mbit flash cartridge.

Then make a new thread on the Maxflash Studio Workbook forum (link below) and share your workbook by attaching it to your post.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

You will get one entry into the contest for each workbook you post in a new thread, up to 3 workbooks total.

Also, while you are having fun making your own cartridges, please take a minute to share any bug reports, comments or suggestions you might have about the software.

To get the free Maxflash Studio Software for Windows, follow the link below, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the download link.

Thanks!

Steve

To go along with the launch of the new software and USB programmer, I've started the contest below to win a free 8mbit flash cartridge!

No purchase is required, just use the Maxflash Studio software to create a workbook (or three!) and share them in the Maxflash Studio Workbook forum.

Details are posted below, have fun!

Steve

--

8mbit_small.jpg

Hi!

From now until 9/30/2009 you can be entered to win a free Maxflash 8mbit Flash Cartridge!

Just use the new Maxflash Studio Software to create a your own custom workbook that will fit into a 1mbit or 8mbit flash cartridge.

Then make a new thread on the Maxflash Studio Workbook forum (link below) and share your workbook by attaching it to your post.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

You will get one entry into the contest for each workbook you post in a new thread, up to 3 workbooks total.

Also, while you are having fun making your own cartridges, please take a minute to share any bug reports, comments or suggestions you might have about the software.

To get the free Maxflash Studio Software for Windows, follow the link below, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the download link.

Thanks!

Steve

cool. will check the studio out because as it seems I now can easily make my own carts without these scripts?

Nice to see you again, Steve! I like that you're still innovating these unique carts. I still have 5 or 6 carts that I use from time to time. Your new setup would make it easier to load the carts, as opposed to the old way... boot up the Win 98 computer, get the 800 out of the closet, hook up the cable, etc.

BTW, I like the new cart shells! Very sweet!

Say, can the old AtariMax 1 and 8 MB carts be used with the new USB programmer cart?

Cheers,

Smeg

ok I'm a little slow on the uptake today. Will the programmer allow me to program an older existing AtariMax Flashcart (I have an 8MB one) via USB or is it only for the new flashcarts?

Tempest

It will work straight away with your existing flash cartridges.

Steve

Hello I am bit confused about this product am I getting this right. You use the USB Cartridge Programmer to connect to your computer and download your roms onto it. And then connect it to a Atarimax Maxflash 1mbit or 8mbit Flash Cartridge to transfer the roms and use as a multcart.

If so

Why not make it like the Colecovision or 5200 unit

How many cart games (XL/XE) can be loaded onto the 8mbit unit (aprox)

Also can you say what the other SD cart your working on is yet, I hope its the NEO-GEO :)

Thank You

Hello I am bit confused about this product am I getting this right. You use the USB Cartridge Programmer to connect to your computer and download your roms onto it. And then connect it to a Atarimax Maxflash 1mbit or 8mbit Flash Cartridge to transfer the roms and use as a multcart.

You create a cartridge using the studio software, then attach the programer+cartridge to the USB port to program it with your workbook contents.

The cartridge and programmer are separate from one another, but in any other way it works like the ColecoVision and 5200 Studio software packages, just with many more options.

Why not make it like the Colecovision or 5200 unit

If you ignore the fact that the cartridge and programmer can be disconnected from one another, it is. The software can work with cartridges with a built in USB controller as well, but I wanted it to work with existing cartridges rather than try and make people re-buy new ones with a usb controller inside.

There are also other advantages to a separate programmer/bus interface, for example it can be used to dump cartridges or program non-Maxflash cartridges. There are dump options already on the menu for most 8-bit cartridge types, and you can also program the S/XEGS RAM cart from the images made with its own software.

The firmware in the programmer is upgradable as is the software, so support for other devices could be added.

How many cart games (XL/XE) can be loaded onto the 8mbit unit (aprox)

It depends entirely on how large the games are. The overhead for the menu and options is 8k or 16k, so you have the rest of the space to pack with files. Use XEX/EXE/COM type files to get the most items per cart.

Also can you say what the other SD cart your working on is yet, I hope its the NEO-GEO :)

Nope, never announce anything unless its ready. :-p

Steve

Hi Steve-

Can the suite/programmer be used to more easily make a user update of the 32?-in-1 OS modules so long as one has an 8Mb cart to swap the OS module flash chip?

-Larry

It would be quite a bit faster, at least the programming part. You can also dump the contents of the cartridge before re-programming it, which may be useful to you in restoring its previous state afterward.

Steve