IGNORED

Houston Arcade Expo - November 6th & 7th, 2009

ckrtech

Hey everyone -

Just wanted to drop in and ask the AA members - Who was going to this, are you bringing games (be they arcade/pinball for the show), are you bringing console/computer games for buy/sell/trade, and what day/time are you going?

I plan on dropping in this weekend, and I wouldn't mind trading, buying, etc. I think that might be parking lot activity on Saturday...but figured I would at least drop in here and ask what is up.

If we already have a thread for this, I missed it. I am kinda surprised there wasn't one here already.

Anyone have a bottom to a 4 switch 2600? Mine is a bit busted. Ha! Save shipping - bring your stuff.

I'm planning to, though don't know yet when I'll be there as I have a lunch engagement to attend. Al was there last year with some consoles, just dropped him a note to see if he's coming this year as well.

Is the bottom different? I thought it was only the top piece that was changed. If it's not different I think I have an extra bottom from a light sixer. It got stashed after Ike (my study got damaged) so I'll have to dig it out.

Friday night, til 2 am!

Hey everyone -

Just wanted to drop in and ask the AA members - Who was going to this, are you bringing games (be they arcade/pinball for the show), are you bringing console/computer games for buy/sell/trade, and what day/time are you going?

I plan on dropping in this weekend, and I wouldn't mind trading, buying, etc. I think that might be parking lot activity on Saturday...but figured I would at least drop in here and ask what is up.

If we already have a thread for this, I missed it. I am kinda surprised there wasn't one here already.

Anyone have a bottom to a 4 switch 2600? Mine is a bit busted. Ha! Save shipping - bring your stuff.

I WILL BE THERE BOTH DAYS!!!

I will be there late on Friday however...

There is a concert i am going to and then i will race over there!

Hey Albert....I hope you are bringing some stuff from shop to sell!

Edited by SPIKE

Hey Albert....I hope you are bringing some stuff from shop to sell!

I am not bringing anything to the shop to sell--I'm there to play pinball and arcade games! :) Having said that, if there are some games you want me to bring to the show so you can buy them in person, just let me know and I'll have them on-hand.

..Al

Had a lot of fun hanging out with Al last night. I'll be back this afternoon after my friend's engagement party, then take a break for an hour or so around 5 to take care of my folks' dogs, then be back for the evening.

Was good to see you yesterday! I imagine today's going to be more crowded than yesterday come this afternoon and evening. :) I might slip out for a few hours today to hit Memorial Park on my mountain bike. Was going to do that tomorrow, but the weather is looking a little sketchy, plus I will need a break from 14 hours of loud arcade games. :D

..Al

Points of interest:

4:20 highly reflective Blaster glass :ponder:

Yep - I was wearing a tie. I stopped by after an engagement party so I could drop off the bottom of the Atari case to ckrtech while he was still there. I went home after that to feed my folks' dogs and change into more casual attire before coming back :D

I took another walk thru when I came back. It has much better picture quality as I used my Panasonic DMC-TZ5 (same camera used for my other YouTube videos), but YouTube keeps rejecting it with "Upload Failed: An unknown error occurred." I thought it might be the length (it's 11 minutes) so I tried trimming it down to 10, but it still won't let me upload. I'm trying to convert to H.264 to see if that helps.

Had a blast this weekend - as usual. It was great getting to see a few old faces as well as meet some new people. I'll bet I've passed by Albert and SpiceWare numerous times during previous expos, and it was nice getting to know the two of them a little bit. Sorry I didn't have more time to chat with you guys. I am definitely going to seek you out during future incarnations of this expo.

I took a lot of pictures and maybe filmed a movie or two while I was there. I hope to share some of these soon.

Here's my 2nd video. It was originally 11 minutes long as I took a slower walk thru. I trimmed off the first minute(basically the section looking at replacement parts) so could upload it to YouTube. I'm moving faster the last couple of minutes as I noticed my camera only had 2 minutes of recording left. I didn't realize it until I got home that each video is limited in size to 2GB, so I could have recorded 2 videos on my 4GB card, such as one video for Pinball machines and another for Arcade. Oh well, I'll know for next year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ynchTu_bO0

Hight lights of this video include Dungeon, Toyshop Trouble, and Al & Mary.

I wonder what it is about some of the machines that throw off auto-focus on the cameras.