IGNORED

Beware I LIVE! Sinistar for 8-bit released!

I had to turn off the SIO patch in Atari800Win to get it to run. Any reason for that?

Here is fixed version which works fine with SIO patch. I just added init block with turning Antic off.

I just wonder if we can call this version "final". Were all minor bugs mentioned on AtariProtos fixed? I don't think so...

F.

Sinistar.xex

I just wonder if we can call this version "final". Were all minor bugs mentioned on AtariProtos fixed? I don't think so...

I don't think there was ever any intention of correcting the remaining problems. If I followed the former threads correctly, this was supposed to be a release of the "most" complete version available, as per the wishes of the original programmer. I think it's a good idea in terms of having the prototype in it's historical form.

However, I'm sure nobody would complain if someone... cough, cough (fandal)... decided to... hint, hint (fandal)... correct some of the remaining flaws. ;)

Edited by MrFish

Though not 100% polished, Im pretty impressed. Assumption this was worked on back in the day when we got really lame official releases of Kangaroo and such. This maintains alot of the elements of the game and looks pretty good. The movement is a bit jerky but I enjoyed playing it.

Thanks very much! I never thought I'd see Sinistar on the Atari - and it's not as bad as I expected. It's very playable and has some of the arcade feel. The only things that let it down are the jerky movement and the deaths - especially when Sinistar gets you. It isn't scary like the arcade version.

People who like Sinistar and have an Amiga should check out Xenostar. It's a very nice Sinistar clone that is surprisingly unknown.

I just found out about this. This is great! Christmas came early this year! I greatly appreciate your efforts to release this to the community Dutchman. I've played around with it under emulation and now I can't wait to get home and try it on a real machine!

Is there any chance the sources might one day be released?

tjb