IGNORED

Houston Arcade Expo - October 8th/9th

Albert

2010haag.pngThe Houston Area Arcade Group (HAAG) is holding their annual Houston Arcade Expo on October 8th and 9th at the Houston Northwest Crowne Plaza. Admission is $30 for a weekend pass or $20 for a single day, and discounts are available if you buy your tickets in advance. Admission gains you free-play access to over 200 classic and current coin-op pinball machines, video arcade games, penny arcades, and console video games. There will be tournaments, events, music and workshops to keep the young and young at heart entertained. Speakers include Dan Ferguson (Lone Star Pinball Museum) on the History of Pinball, Ken Graham (former Williams Programmer), Retro Pinball talking shop about their new pinball and many more. You can also participate in the free swap meet, repair clinics, win door prizes, enter the raffle to win an arcade game, and take advantage of the concessions and full bar.

AtariAge will be at the show, and we'll have a slew of classic gaming systems setup for play! There aren't many opportunities to enjoy large collections of classic arcade games, so if you are in the Houston area (or can get there!), you should be at this expo! For more information, please visit ArcadeCenter.com.

I went to the 2007 expo, and it was loads of fun. This sounds like it will be even better, because they didn't used to cater to console games, only arcade games (not that there's anything wrong with that).

And now that it's back on the north side of town again... very tempting.

I went to the 2007 expo, and it was loads of fun. This sounds like it will be even better, because they didn't used to cater to console games, only arcade games (not that there's anything wrong with that).

It's still going to be predominately arcade games. The classic game consoles were very popular last time, though, so I think they are expanding on it a bit and also including some modern consoles. I plan on setting up two 2600s, one 5200, two 7800s, two ColecoVisions and maybe a Jaguar. May also bring an XEGS if I have enough space.

If you live in Houston how could you not go? :D

..Al

I'll be there both days. My folks are going to be in town from Trinidad and will be joining me Friday night.

Why would a 17 mile difference in location, freeway driving at that, make a difference in you attending or not?

If you live in Houston how could you not go? :D

Why would a 17 mile difference in location, freeway driving at that, make a difference in you attending or not?

Trust me, it wasn't a case of not wanting to go. But my weekends tend to get busy as it is, and having to drive through downtown (freeway or not) on a Friday night is not appealing. SpiceWare, you know very well Houston traffic can be an absolute nightmare.

Edited by FujiSkunk

I'll be there, and will AtariAge be selling anything?

No, but if there's anything you're interested in I can bring them to the show and you can buy them from me there.

..Al

Awesome! I'll start making my list. Oh, and you wouldn't happen to have an AtariVox sitting around somewhere(figured i try)?

Awesome! I'll start making my list. Oh, and you wouldn't happen to have an AtariVox sitting around somewhere(figured i try)?

No, sorry, wish I did. :(

..Al

No prob. There're still plenty of excellent carts to be bought, oh and some awesome arcades to be played that weekend.

Edited by mechanicoid

To everyone who's going, I have a growing box of dead hardware that I haven't had the heart to throw away. Random 8-bit and 16-bit consoles, lots of controllers in various states of disrepair, even some dead classic computers and peripherals. Would anybody be interested in taking it, or even only some of it off my hands? There'd be no charge, just gratitude for helping me clear out my closet.

To everyone who's going, I have a growing box of dead hardware that I haven't had the heart to throw away. Random 8-bit and 16-bit consoles, lots of controllers in various states of disrepair, even some dead classic computers and peripherals. Would anybody be interested in taking it, or even only some of it off my hands? There'd be no charge, just gratitude for helping me clear out my closet.

what do you have?

what do you have?

I'll have to go stare at it if you want real specifics, but I know I have some dead Genesis consoles, a few dead Commodore 64 and VIC-20 computers, some dead Commodore 1541 disk drives, a dead Intellivision console, and then a lot of broken joysticks and other controllers. I'm sure there's other stuff I'm not remembering. Basically it would be enough to fill my car's trunk (it's not a truckload or anything like that).

what do you have?

I'll have to go stare at it if you want real specifics, but I know I have some dead Genesis consoles, a few dead Commodore 64 and VIC-20 computers, some dead Commodore 1541 disk drives, a dead Intellivision console, and then a lot of broken joysticks and other controllers. I'm sure there's other stuff I'm not remembering. Basically it would be enough to fill my car's trunk (it's not a truckload or anything like that).

Ok. I'll be going, if i decide to take anything off your hands i'll let you know.