IGNORED

Classic Gamer Magazine

Cav

Fantastic magazine! Well put together on every level.

One thing strikes me as immediately strange - in the article about 5 games that are worse than E.T.... was it coincidence that all of the games titles happen to start with "S"? And one of the games, perhaps the worst of all, is "Sssnake"? Are there 5 games for each letter of the alphabet that are worse than ET, or does the writer have an issue with titles that start with S? Maybe I should quit thinking so hard.

Loved every article, particularly the Snes vs Genesis (you could just about do one of those every issue, such a huge battle).

Thanks much! I'm going right now to PayPal to send in $5. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Curious Sofa

One thing strikes me as immediately strange - in the article about 5 games that are worse than E.T.... was it coincidence that all of the games titles happen to start with "S"? And one of the games, perhaps the worst of all, is "Sssnake"? Are there 5 games for each letter of the alphabet that are worse than ET, or does the writer have an issue with titles that start with S? Maybe I should quit thinking so hard.

Loved every article, particularly the Snes vs Genesis (you could just about do one of those every issue, such a huge battle).

Thanks much! I'm going right now to PayPal to send in $5. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, that just ended up being a weird coincidence. We didn't even really notice until we were done editing it. Then we tried to (over) think a title based on that, but came up empty. Glad you enjoyed it though!

Thanks again everyone. The response has been amazing!

We do plan on making more issues. Our main speed bump is just life in general. Much has changed since the very first issue ten years ago (two kids, married, etc...)

That said, if anyone thinks they are pretty good at doing layout just drop me a line. It's definitely what delays us the most.

Best,

-Cav

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that just ended up being a weird coincidence. We didn't even really notice until we were done editing it. Then we tried to (over) think a title based on that, but came up empty. Glad you enjoyed it though!

When I was going through my collection looking for really bad games, the first titles that came to mind were the Mythicon games (2 out of 3 which began with the letter "S", BTW). Then I remembered Sneak & Peek and Sssnake. For the record, I actually came up with a list of 10 titles (the others included Racquetball, Airlock, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Bugs, and China Syndrome), but I had to edit them down for space. It turned out to be a coincidence that the worst of the worst (IMO) all started with the same letter.

However, the odds are certainly in favor of "S". According to the Oxford Dictionary, there are more words beginning with that letter than any other in the English language. A quick glance at my collection of videogames across all systems from the past 30+ years bears this out. And since videogames are often in the fantasy or science-fiction genres, you'll frequently find "Star..." or "Space..." in the title. Not to mention Nintendo, which gave us "Super..." in the title of many SNES games, or SEGA, which included its name ahead of many titles. :)

Glad you enjoyed the magazine!

Mark