IGNORED

STUNT CAR RACER?

Irgendwer

And you should be kicked in the .... ;) to have it seen prior us ;)

One of the very rare advantages of not being able to work... :)

Shame you can't use a 65C816 on it to smooth the already excellent frame rate (I like to tinker)

I played the Amiga version to death...An Amazing version for the beloved Atari......

• Like 4

STUNT CAR RACER!

attachicon.gifstunt_car_racer.png

Planed as another Christmas present, this took a bit longer and more efforts.

In September, Fandal contacted me with a rough but already playable version.

More than 200 emails between him and me later, we finally can present proudly

the A8 version (128k required) of this C64 classic.

o all features of the C64 version

+ improved frame rate

+ music

+ rich SFX

+ QR-code generation for "High Score Cafe" (in the "Hall of Fame" enter "1"-"8" for the

QR-code of the best lap time or [OPTION]+"1"-"8" for the race time, [ESC] to leave QR screen)

+ PAL & NTSC compatible

Thanks XXL, for xBIOS support and the "High Score Cafe" (http://xxl.atari.pl/hsc/hsc-stunt-car-racer/)!

Have fun!

Download here:

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=7541

amazing!

me played the ST version linked with Amiga...

and when we get drunk... it was interesting that we already did not manage to get the first corner right... so dont drink and drive :D

No doubt. I would often do this when playing racing games on modern consoles with steering wheel and pedals. It was great proof to myself and friends that regardless of thinking drinking makes you better/faster, etc. it certainly does not. And since we were just sitting on my couch, nobody could get hurt!

No doubt. I would often do this when playing racing games on modern consoles with steering wheel and pedals. It was great proof to myself and friends that regardless of thinking drinking makes you better/faster, etc. it certainly does not. And since we were just sitting on my couch, nobody could get hurt!

This is going to sound weird but its all true, one of the people I met on the dark side was a guy who sold copies in Silica shop in Kent, I got to know him as I'd heard of him and we would swap stuff, what I later found out was that he was a ex bank robber who used to be the getaway driver (once I found this out I exited stage left) but he actually had sat down with Stunt Car racer on his ST and wrote down all the exact speeds etc to complete all the jumps, he actually had a mini book of all the turns etc..

Reg took his driving rather too seriously..

As said, all true...

• Like 5

Prior to the release I did some performance testing and comparison to the C64 original. On average, the Atari port is about 35% faster. In other words, the original runs at around 6.5 fps while the Atari port runs at over 8 fps.

Interesting fact: During testing I noticed that the number of frames rendered per lap is the same on both the C64 and the Atari. However, because the lap timer is tied to the framerate, lap times are identical in both versions. So on C64 finishing the lap takes longer in real-world time, but the ingame timer runs slower which makes the lap times comparable between the versions.

• Like 4