IGNORED

Video Game Collector #5 Published

vgc5.jpgThe Spring 2006 issue of Video Game Collector has been published! The fifth installment of Video Game Collector is jam-packed with retro gaming goodness, including:
  • Exclusive Dragon's Lair Interivew
  • Collector's Spotlight
  • Twin Galaxies Scoreboard
  • Proto Patrol
  • Made in Japan
  • Nintendo e-Reader Special Report
  • Confessions of the Game Doctor
  • Working Designs Timeline
  • Intellivision Photo Checklist
  • Video Game Reviews
  • And much more!
Inside you'll also find the Video Game Collector Price Guide, a complete checklist and price guide for every video game system from the Atari 2600 to the Xbox 360--over 10,000 prices! This is the largest issue of Video Game Collector yet, weighing in at 56 full-color, glossy pages, and the size of the magazine has been increased to 8 1/2" x 11". You can purchase the latest issue of Video Game Collector in our online store, where you can also find a more comprehensive listing of the issue's contents.

I very much like the increase in size format. The listings have been updated (more titles, some changes in prices - just reporting the latter without commenting on accuracy thereof) and there are some more nice pictures. The Dragon's Lair interview is a good read.

I use VGC in coordination with both DP and eBay. I feel that between the three I get a pretty good sense of value as perceived in the market, and so I know what to fairly realistically expect with an open auction, what to set for with BINs or sales elsewhere, and what to possibly expect with trades.