IGNORED

CPUWIZ's AtariService.com Store Opens

Albert

atariservice.jpgLooking for something a little 'unusual'? Our very own Moderator, CPUWIZ, is beginning to offer up a selection of Atari items in his new online storefront at AtariService.com. Currently featuring a select group of chips and custom PCB's you just won't find anywhere else, vintage decals, and other miscellaneous goodies for use by the Atari collector and homebrew community alike - keep an eye out for the selection to expand in the near future. CPU's (in)famous Limited Edition Repros, Parts, Systems and Games are just some of the items they expect to make available soon. Sign up for an account, and you'll have the option to be kept informed of new offerings via e-mail newsletter, if you wish. Head on over to AtariService.com to browse CPU's initial offerings!

Wow, CPUWIZ now has a store.....that is so cool. Well, I'm not into the programming aspect of games but hopefully he will have some rarties and oddities that I need.

Nice looking site CPUWIZ!!!! :) Congratulations on the opening!!! :)

If I'd known SARA chips could be had for $3 I would probably never have designed 4A50.

That having been said, I should hopefully soon have a design to add an EEPROM to a bankswitch cart. Would be cool to have a SARA version as well. Should be pretty easy--basically adding a DIP8 and a resistor.

If I'd known SARA chips could be had for $3 I would probably never have designed 4A50.

That having been said, I should hopefully soon have a design to add an EEPROM to a bankswitch cart. Would be cool to have a SARA version as well. Should be pretty easy--basically adding a DIP8 and a resistor.

The world is still a better place with the design of the 4A50. :cool: It's better than the SARA and who knows what the supply of SARA chips will be?

What is the current 4A50 price in comparision? Can that improve as progress brings us cheaper chips (as it still does)

What is the current 4A50 price in comparision? Can that improve as progress brings us cheaper chips (as it still does)

The big problem with 4A50 is not the cost of the parts, but rather the cost of the assembly. If I recall, the parts for a 4A50 cart total about $10 not counting the PCB. Maybe someone needs to teach Albert to do surface-mount. :)

Nice :cool:

Now I need to make bB support all that extra RAM...

Three bucks is a good price. I wonder, though, are they surplus chips from Atari or pulled from existing carts?

I know CPU has about 200 NOS SARA chips plus another 100 taken from working enviroments.

Finally after all these years a way to do Superchip homebrews. Very nice indeed.

I do wonder how deep his stock of SARA chips are, though.

So when can I get my working copy of Shooting Gallery? :D

Shooting Gallery ? Why the heck would you repro a common? Myself I would take advantage of the SARA and make Shooting Arcade :P

Hey, CPUWIZ, good idea here! Nice work on the site, as well. I do have a product concept for ya....it's something that I gave a half-hearted attempt at before my fiance' was listed as terminal. PM me if you're interested. I'm sure we could work out a deal.

I know CPU has about 200 NOS SARA chips plus another 100 taken from working enviroments.

That's cool to start with. Still, once a few homebrews come out, 300 chips may not last long. I'm slightly suprised that the extra 128 bytes of RAM is not accomplished with standard parts, but I know very little about hardware.

I already have an idea for a Superchip game.

That's cool to start with. Still, once a few homebrews come out, 300 chips may not last long. I'm slightly suprised that the extra 128 bytes of RAM is not accomplished with standard parts, but I know very little about hardware.

I already have an idea for a Superchip game.

Me too. :D

Edited by vdub_bobby

That's cool to start with. Still, once a few homebrews come out, 300 chips may not last long.

Only 300 is bad. Unless one can secure at least 150-200 chips for a single game, development of a brandnew Sara game doesn't make sense - 300 chips will get wasted away for stuff like Elevator Action Prototypes in next to no time :sad:

Only 300 is bad. Unless one can secure at least 150-200 chips for a single game, development of a brandnew Sara game doesn't make sense - 300 chips will get wasted away for stuff like Elevator Action Prototypes in next to no time :sad:

But there are many, many 1000 bad condition Dig Dug carts. So even if he should run out of stock, that could be replaced easily.

And if you google for C020231B you will find 4 websites offering the chips.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch