IGNORED

Awesome Arcades Personal Arcade Machine

Albert

awecades_pam.jpgAwesome Arcades, founded by Atari Museum curator Curt Vendel, has launched a new arcade console, the Personal Arcade Machine (or "PAM" for short). The new design is a Cabaret-Convertible, which can be used as a freestanding unit or can be removed from its pedestal and placed on a bar top, desk, or other free space. The Personal Arcade Machine features 150 licensed arcade games, a 17" LCD display, 240 watt stereo speakers, and arcade quality controls including two joysticks, six fire buttons, a trackball and even a spinner. The Personal Arcade Machine is $1,299, which includes shipping anywhere in the continental United States. You can learn more by visiting Awesome Arcades.

We've had a few persons comment that the PAM lettering is not complimentary to the rest of the product, so we have a new bezel design that has been created and we'll update the website in the next day or so.

We do note on the website that if there is something custom that a buyer wants on their system, we can accomodate that, so if you wanted for example the bezel to be red instead of purple, we could always change that for you.

Curt

I think this is awesome except for the face graphics...I could live without the "P.A.M." across the front. Modular skins would be great so you could choose different color schemes... I wish I could afford one right now!

I don't like the curvy design in general and I'll second the not liking the PAM across the front.

Great idea, though, and seems like a good price.

On the machine that has two players, I don't like how player 2 buttons are on the left. Is that switchable?! Everyone I know plays with buttons on the right.

For this design it works out fine for its placement, in fact playing games like Centipede, Missile Command and others you are situated directly in front of the screen while playing and you have perfection hand positioning for the fire buttons.

Curt

Forgive me for nitpicking what is an awesome product, but I think I would find the off-center trackball a little uncomfortable.

Yes, our CP605SP-"R" control panel has player 2 in the reversed setup from what you see, I think we'll put that up so people can see that they have a choice.

Curt

I don't like the curvy design in general and I'll second the not liking the PAM across the front.

Great idea, though, and seems like a good price.

On the machine that has two players, I don't like how player 2 buttons are on the left. Is that switchable?! Everyone I know plays with buttons on the right.

Forgive me for nitpicking what is an awesome product, but I think I would find the off-center trackball a little uncomfortable.

For this design it works out fine for its placement, in fact playing games like Centipede, Missile Command and others you are situated directly in front of the screen while playing and you have perfection hand positioning for the fire buttons.

I'm left-handed. While that usually doesn't matter when it comes to game controls, I do prefer using a trackball with my left hand. I like the control lay-out of the AC-605SP machine much better.

Still, it's a great idea. I'd buy one of your machines in a heartbeat if I had the room for it.

We have 2 game paks being made ready for November 1st -

Digital Leisure Thayers Quest/Dragons Lair III

and

Taito Arcade Legends

As per our license agreement with mamedev we are supposed to make a simple mention that our Exidy Games are running on their mame emulation software.

Curt

Is there a way to add games to PAM? I noticed under Gamepaks there was an entry that said Exidy\Mame. What does that mean?