IGNORED

Atari800MacX Version 3.4 Released

Albert

AppleLogoPanther.gifA new version of the Atari800MacX Atari 8-bit / 5200 emulator has been released. Atari800MacX is a native Mac OS X port of the popular Atari 800 emulator, which forms the basis for many 8-bit emulators on various platforms. Version 3.4 of Atari800MacX contains the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added pulldowns to the Media Status Window which allow the user to control machine type, screen scaling, screen width, and artifacting from there in addition to using the menus or keyboard.
  • Added the ability for the emulator to remember what media was present (disks, cassette, and/or cartridge) when it quit, and restore them the next time it starts up. This is added as a checkbox to the Boot Media panel of the Preferences.
  • Add the ability to enable/disable keyboard joystick emulation with the Cmd-J keypress (also in the Control menu), so that you can switch between the joysticks and normal keypresses easily.
  • Added ability to control emulation speed from 10-300%, as opposed to either 100% or Full Speed. There is now a slider on the Atari panel of the Preferences.
  • Added the Break key to the Function Key window, for those with International laptop keyboards which might not have had the other keys.
  • Fixed bug where Mouse Emulation modes were not working properly.
  • Fixed issue with International and Dvorak keyboards where Command key combinations were not being released properly, and keys were missed, or keyboard joysticks did not work correctly.
Please visit the Atari800MacX home page for complete details about what's new and to download the latest version (source code is also available).

Today I tried the new version of your emulator on Intel Imac. I ran into a bug. I was set up as Atari 800 os b with 48k and I was playing K-razy shootout. Once I was done my cursor was stuck inside Atari800 window!!! I couldnt quit the program!!! I had to press key combinations until a window came up and then I was able to FORCE QUIT to get out of it. Ive been using the previous version alot and never had this problem.

Kevin

Kevin,

You'll need to provide more details for me to try and debug the problem. What type of controls were you using to play the game? A gamepad? Keyboard joysticks? If you were using a gamepad, how were your controllers configured.

Windowed or Full screen mode?

When you say the cursor was stuck in the window, do you mean the mouse cursor?

If you like, you can reply via email as well to atarimac@cox.net.

Mark

Kevin,

You'll need to provide more details for me to try and debug the problem. What type of controls were you using to play the game? A gamepad? Keyboard joysticks? If you were using a gamepad, how were your controllers configured.

Mark

I was in windowed mode, using the keyboard as a joystick and yes it was the mouse pointer that was

literally stuck in the window. I've never had this problem before and this I've been using the last version

of this emulator quite a bit since the day it came it was released.

Kevin

Kevin,

Mark

check you email

I have released a bug fix release of Atari800MacX, version 3.4.2. I was able to duplicate the bug Kevin found and fix it, as well as fix one other one that was reported. The changes are:

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed bug where Mouse pointer was stuck in Emulator window when returning from Full Screen mode to Windowed mode.
  • Fixed issue with Screenshot capture on Intel Macs. (TIFF File was being stored in little endian format)

Please visit the Atari800MacX home page for complete details about what's new and to download the latest version (source code is also available).

There's a bug in the "Identify Gamepad" dialog in version 3.4. On my Powerbook G4, clicking the "Test" or "OK" button does nothing. The only way I can close the dialog is to forcibly close Atari800MacX.

3.4.2 didn't fix the problem. I'm using 3.3.0 for now, since the bug doesn't occur with older versions.

I have a fix for the "Identify Gamepad" problem mentioned above, it was an inadvertant error the crept in in 3.4.

BUT, I'm going to wait a few days before doing another release, to see if anyone else has errors they haven't reported.

Folks, I'm not psychic (although my daughter might claim I have eyes in the back of my head like most parents :D ).

Remember, if I don't know about an error, I can't fix it. Please don't remain quiet, and just assume it's going to get fixed in the next version. Atari800MacX is a huge program, with many, many features that I have added at the request of users. I do try to test things, but if I were going to regression test everything on every release, I would have to quit my day job, and I'm afraid donations for the emulator do not pay near that much :roll:

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Mark - with SERIO Sound enabled, I'm getting screechy noises instead of the normal loading beeps. Sounds the same with Hi-Fi or not. Sound in the Autoduel title screen is not correct either. Not that there's much there.

Artifacting mode changes to not apply (except the "use new artifacting" check box) unless the emulator is exited and restarted. Also noticed that when switching on new artifacting mode the Autoduel title screen colors become incorrect.

I also noticed with Operation Whirlwind that if you leave the SIO patch enabled, after the game finishes loading it gets stuck with 'sound noise' from the title screen. Though it appears that Atari800WinPlus does the same thing.

(MBP17/OS X 10.4.8 )

Remo,

Now that you mention it, I just noticed yesterday that SIO sound doesn't sound right anymore either. I haven't changed anything it that area of the emulator, so it must be something that the core guys have done, or something has changed in the SDL library, or OSX itself. I'll try to look into it to see what I can find......

And sounds like there are some issues with chaning the artifacting modes. Since those are relatively new, it doesn't suprise me. I'll take a look.

Thanks for the reports,

Mark