IGNORED

Whos planning on going to the Midwest gaming classic this year?

jboypacman

1)Do i need to bring some sort of bag or something to carry the the stuff i buy at the vendors both? I assume they will have bags or boxes for anything i get but i just want to be sure.

Most vendors have bags. They also give you a goodie bag on the way in, so you can store a few items in there. I brought a bag last year, but that's because I had items for trade in it.

2)Cash or Credit Card? Which would be better to use at the show?

Cash, cash, and more cash. I don't think that many vendors will be able to process Credit Cards this year after the PayPal fiasco last year. Even if they get that worked out, it seems silly to pay for things like $5 cartridges with a credit card. I recommend hording away a little extra money until the MGC. That way you'll have plenty of cash to take with you to the show. :)

Unfortunately there aren't too many places that accept credit card at the show. The GOAT Store will, and we will also accept it for merchandise and stuff like that, but I haven't been able to get anything back from PayPal, even though I did attempt to contact them :/

Unfortunately there aren't too many places that accept credit card at the show. The GOAT Store will, and we will also accept it for merchandise and stuff like that, but I haven't been able to get anything back from PayPal, even though I did attempt to contact them :/

My PayPal account was not locked out last year, however, there were at least four PayPal payments that PayPal put on hold until they investigated and deemed were not fraud. It's not worth the hassle again for me to deal with that, nor taking a chance that they would lock out the account while they do their investigation. So I will not accept PayPal this year. If someone wants to make a PayPal payment, I'll direct them to the online store.

..Al

I wont be attanding as a vendor this year. My online store has really taken off and I am super busy with the retail store also. I have some new people working for me but its still is not enough time to get it all done. Its not a bad place to be in! If Sat. goes good for me I might drive up Sat night so I can attend on Sunday and say hi to everyone. I have also been working very hard on my car for shows and it comes out of paint in a few days and I dont want a highway trip with new paint. Everyone have fun.

I managed to get money from 2 of the 3 guys I sold from by paypal. The other guy- I sold him an SX64- he was one of the show organizers/helpers. He was kind of sick last year- I'm hoping to get some cash out of him for the item.

Will the show have wireless this year? Secure? Does the hotel have wireless? It's almost becoming standard to have free wireless at hotels.

I'll be there selling, sure. Any requests for systems or stuff to focus on? I have alot of import stuff that I tend to leave behind since it doesn't sell well- like import 2600. Also, anyone interested in Odyssey or Videopac? Intellivision? Requests to bring a certain system to sell (ie. VIC or TI or 2600 even)? I'd love to see a WTF at MWC thread so I can try to bring stuff you are interested in...

Import 2600 requests, Complete in box only.....

Ghost Manor/Spikes Peak - Xonox

Artillery Duel/Superkicks - Xonox

Nightmare - Sancho

Action Force - Parker

Nightstalker - Telegames

BMX Airmaster - Atari red

Any of the BOMB games in good to very good condition

Asterix - Atari silver

Wing War - Imagic

Thats all I can think of right now, missing manuals is OK but must have the box :)

Let me know if you can help me out with any of them, Thanks man

I managed to get money from 2 of the 3 guys I sold from by paypal. The other guy- I sold him an SX64- he was one of the show organizers/helpers. He was kind of sick last year- I'm hoping to get some cash out of him for the item.

That was me. The paypal never went through?

Yes, wireless was free last year, not sure if it was secured though. I believe the rooms were wireless also.

I will have some cool Commodore items FS, a 128D, 1581, SX-64's, and a few other cool little things. I have been working hard to get more stuff ready, last year snuck up on me and didn't get everything done I wanted to.

Corey

Yeah, never got paid! Can you pay me this year at the show? I tried to get ahold of you.

CC: I'll look into Action Man. The other stuff, no way boxed. I don't get alot of boxed dupes, but you never know. Thanks!

Yeah, never got paid!

That was paypal that didn't pay it through then. From your original post above ("managed to get money from 2 of the 3 guys" and "I'm hoping to get some cash out of him for the item") and this, it almost sounds like you're saying I didn't want to pay or something.

Can you pay me this year at the show? I tried to get ahold of you.

Yes, I'd be happy to. Where did you try and contact me by the way? I'm regularly here and on the MGC forums as well, and this is the first I saw anything about this from you.

jboypacman wrote:

Hey i hope to run into Climber at the show and some of you other guys here at AA.

FWIW I'll wear a white Tshirt w/ "MAUI DIVE SHOP" in big blue letters on the back. Come up & say hi if you're not too intimidated. I'm not running a booth or anything authoritative, I'm just a show-goer.

Uh...was it smart that I just told everyone who I was?

Edited by RJ

I will not be going this year. :(

Too much money I spent or am middle of spending along with the fact my brother can't take off on those 2 days with me not able to drive. The money I am spending is needed like pay for my dental needs without dental insurance, paying for a 10 day vocation in August, and getting my own computer.

If I decided to go, I wouldn't have spent alot of money outside 1 homebrew game with it being beefdrop for the 7800. If I decided to go, I like to spend a good deal of money for games and stuff I don't have and that includes homebrews. I went to the 2002 MGC and I spent a good deal of money on games and on a sms light gun along with my brother spending money for games also.

I'll be going to this for sure, I've been looking forward to it. Was hoping to meet up with some online friends there, but most have canned out. :(

I dunno if I'll be looking to buy anything, but I'm sure my cash will be burning in my pocket before long.

Who will be there Sunday???

That's when I will be there.

Is there alot of stuff for sale at these events????]

I would like to purchase some supplies, without having to pay for shipping. :twisted:

Im really exited to go now. I have a job interview on friday; hopefully ill get the job, so i can spend my remaining $$$.

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

Who will be there Sunday???

That's when I will be there.

Sunday was the day I went last year. Unfortunately, I probably will only be there on Saturday this year.

Is there alot of stuff for sale at these events????]

You have no idea. Here's a walk-around video of last year's event:

I spent an ungodly amount of money there. :D

There was also another room (not shown) with the museum, JagFest, and presentation room.

No, I believe Packrat isn't coming this year, very expensive for them last year and didn't recover costs is what they mentioned to me.

That's too bad. I was hoping to pick up KTAA & Odyssey DVD from him. :(

I do have to say that his decision to compete directly against AtariAge probably hurt him last year. No one was going to buy the same homebrews carried by AA when AA was cheaper for the same package. (At least, it appeared to be the same package. If it wasn't, it needed to be clearer.) It would be nice to see him carry more used O^2 games and systems. i.e. The things that differentiate his business more from his competitors. There are still several O^2 games I'd like to add to my collection, especially imports that can't be found here in the states. :)

On the bright side, Videogames, Etc. will make an appearance this year. Hip, hip, hooray! :D