IGNORED

Albert or Alex - missing manual scans

lonesome_pa

Yeah guys, get on the friggin ball. Those html manuals suck!

I agree that manual scans are much nicer than HTML manuals, but it takes a great deal of time to scan, rotate, crop, reduce, compress, make thumbs, upload, add to the database, and test manuals. We are going to make a huge pass at adding 2600 manuals, we just haven't had an opportunity to do so yet. What we'd like to do is go through all the 2600 manuals that we have in our collections (which is several hundred), scan those, and then ask people for manuals we're missing. This will allow us to maintain consistency with the manuals we put online.

..Al

I have the manuals for these and can scan them and e-mail them.  If you still require them, let me know.

Hi Lonesome -- If you'd like to scan those manuals, please do so at 200dpi and you can then send them to albert@atariage.com. If you compress them with jpeg, please don't use heavy compression. I'm not going to turn down help with 2600 manual scans. :)

..Al

Forgive the technical stupidity here, but I'm not very "techy". I understand that you need the 200 dpi, but does it matter what size I scan it in? I figured I would scan it in at original size. Also, for Crackpots, the manual is set up as a "poster" layout and not as a book like other manuals. Should I just scan that one one side as a whole? If you still want me to scan these in, I will, but it will take probably a few days. Just trying to help out and hopefully not making things difficult. :)