IGNORED

What is your favorite "Pitfall" game?

Rhindle The Red

What is your favorite "Pitfall" game?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite "Pitfall" game?

• Pitfall! (2600, INTV, etc.)
    • Pitfall II: Lost Caverns (2600, 5200, etc.)
    • Pitfall II: Lost Caverns (Arcade)
    • Super Pitfall (NES)
    • Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Jaguar, SNES, etc.)
    • Pitfall 3-D (PS)
    • Pitfall: Beyond the Jungle (GBC)
    • Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (GCN, PS2, etc.)
    • Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (GBA)
    • I can't decide. There are too many good choices.
    • I don't really like any of them.
    • I don't know. Never played a one of 'em.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

As much as I did love the first Atari 2600 Pitfall, when Activision put out number 2 I really thought they had out did themselves. The game was huge and although the character Pitfall Harry was the same, the fairly non-linear gameplay was a gigantic advancement from the first. Having to take leaps of faith off of cliffs in the hopes of finding the entrance to the next part of the cave. Falling in water and swimming to safety. Let's face it. One of the best games in the history of the 2600.

You know, Pitfall! (the original) is a minigame in Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, so theoretically, all of those votes could be transferred with no harm done.

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure holds special nostalgic sentiment for me: it was one of my first Genesis games, and I beat it when I stayed home from school for a week with a broken collarbone. I also played it quite a bit recently...

You know, Pitfall! (the original) is a minigame in Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, so theoretically, all of those votes could be transferred with no harm done.

And Pitfall: The Lost Expedition has both Pitfall! and Pitfall II, so it's the winner!

I was wondering about that, since TLE hasn't any votes, yet :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even though I voted for the first one, I do like Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure which I've played on both the SNES and Jaguar. I'm not sure there's much of a difference but I think it's an important game for the Jaguar because the Jag never got much in the way of good platform games.

By the way, I now have Pitfall: The Lost Expedition coming for my GameCube. It seems like there's been a Pitfall game for every generatiion. When will there be one out for the Wii? :)

Edited by Rogmeister

• 3 weeks later...

I voted Pitfall II. But I really enjoy Pitfall! and Mayan Adventure a lot, too. I enjoyed the Cube version of Lost Expedition but it started to skip from a scratch,I never did play it all. Need to pick it up again.

Pitfall! was fantastic as we all know! 255 screens, whew. It seems every other winter I play Pitfall! (lately on the excellent PS2 Activision Anthology) and, pencil and notebook in hand, start mapping out the screens and shortcuts again. What a nice way to spend a couple hours. I still have never mapped all the screens and gotten all the treasure.

But Pitfall II on the 2600 is, well ... mind-blowing. I know it has extra hardware in the cart but it is still very impressive how it was done, with the excellent mix of static screens and vertical scrolling and abundance of platform action. I like the 5200 version the best, and I play it with an adaptor/Genesis pad but I can do it with the 5200 controller too if need be.

I have always been impressed by the 16-bit update Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure. I played that on my Genny and Sega CD many times, then eventually got it for the Jag to try out that version too! Awesome animation and it (IMHO) really captures the Pitfall! feel while still greatly updating it. Love when Jr. finds Pitfall Harry at the end!

(_)3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...