IGNORED

What's your favorite "Resident Evil" game?

Rhindle The Red

What's your favorite "Resident Evil" game?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite "Resident Evil" game?

• Resident Evil (PS, PC, Saturn, DS)
    • Resident Evil 2 (PS, PC, N64, DC, GCN)
    • Resident Evil 2 (game.com)
    • Resident Evil 3 (PC, PS, DC, GCN)
    • Resident Evil: Survivor (PS)
    • Resident Evil - Code: Veronica (DC, PS2, GCN)
    • Resident Evil: Gun Survivor 2 - Code: Veronics (PS2)
    • Resident Evil: Gaiden (GBC)
    • Resident Evil (GCN)
    • Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
    • Resident Evil: Dead Aim (PS2)
    • Resident Evil - Outbreak (PS2)
    • Resident Evil - Outbreak File #2 (PS2)
    • Resident Evil 4 (GCN, PS2)
    • I can't choose one.
    • I never played any of them.
    • I don't like any of them.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This was a tough choice. Code Veronica was great but I still have to go with R.E. 4 for PS2. Very visual and extremely interactive. When you light the wooden pull cart on fire and then send it down the hill crushing a mob of angry zombies in it's path. Or jumping from mine car to mine car in an attempt to evade the evil minions who jump into the moving train from platforms above. How about opening a trap door and having a giant bad guy, hell bent on killing you, fall into a pit of liquid hot magma. Did I forget to mention, "They (the zombies) carry weapons!" Finally the monster fight back with more than just moans and teeth.

I love the RE series. I picked up RE2 for the ps1 when it came out, after hearing all the hype. I got completely sucked in, and immediately after finishing it picked up RE1. I've played every "traditional" RE game since, and I've enjoyed them all. I love the slower pacing and overall puzzle-based gameplay design of the series. However, I liked 4 the best, despite the fact that it's pretty different. RE2 is probably my second favorite, with Code Veronica and REmake close behind. Great series.

To be I honest, I should've picked that I couldn't choose just one, but I had to vote for RE2. Each of them is good in their own right, and I will say that RE4 is truly an excellent game, but RE2 was the game that really set the series on the right foot. I could write more about it, but I'll tell you later. :)

• Like 1

Unlike quite a few others here I had to go w/ Code Veronica on the DC first followed closely by RE4. The reason I picked Code Veronica was that it seemed more emersive to me and made me jump more than the other versions. I love the controls, AI, and environment interaction in RE4 but I thought code Veronica was better scripted as a horror game. I have all of them (not on all systems though) except for the game.com version, Survivor, and the 2 outbreaks.

Resident Evil 2 is still my favorite, followed by the RE1 remake for Game Cube.

3 was really good too. It had a different sort of vibe, which was cool, but I still preferred 2. I liked the original PS RE1 back in the day, but I haven't played it in years...it may not have aged that well. I played through Veronica X and Zero, and they were good, but I never felt compelled to play them again.

IMO Resident Evils 1 and 2 are the definative Resident Evil games.

I've never played 4, but it looks awesome.

Anyone have any news about 5?

• 11 years later...

This poll is 11 years old. What did you expect to find? :?

You misunderstood me.I know how old it is, I was just saying how I wish there was an updated one. If it can't be edited, I'll post a new one when I look up every RE game so I can include them all.

You misunderstood me.I know how old it is, I was just saying how I wish there was an updated one. If it can't be edited, I'll post a new one when I look up every RE game so I can include them all.

If you would like such a new poll or have an update you would like to request please send me the information via PM. I moderate this forum and take care of adding all the new polls (or in this case maybe edits to an old one). Users can't start polls\threads in here, only Moderators can. I've never updated an old poll before but I'm open to your idea for sure.

At this point I've played almost every Resident Evil game aside from the two Outbreak games, Gun Survivor 2, and Dead Aim on the PS2 and my favorite is... the original. Specifically Resident Evil: Director's Cut on the PlayStation. I love the setting, the story, the creatures and puzzles, and even the hilariously bad voice acting. To me it will always be the quintessential survival horror game. :)

For me it's the remake of the original for the Gamecube. The visuals in this game are simply mindblowing, although it needs to be seen on a CRT. They totally nailed the old-horror-movie stylistic, it looks "alive" & gorgeous.

It's also the case with Resident Evil 0, and then the "3D" Code Veronica. To me this series was all about visuals and atmosphere since the gameplay was a little bit silly. That changed with RE4 of course, it was quite revolutionary and a proper action game. Shame it all went downhill so fast later on. Even the recently lauded RE 7 didn't do much for me - got stuck on the first, rather tedious, "stealth" sequence and didn't bother coming back.