IGNORED

Games that came without Manuals?

Atari_Warlord

I love to collect the manuals for Atari 2600 games and have almost 350 different game books right now. My question pertains to whether manuals were included orignally with all games or not?

Looking through the database here and watching Ebay auctions religiously have made me wonder about certain companies. For instance, I have never seen a manual for the Milton Bradley games. It is also very rare to see booklets with Zellers or Panda games.

If anyone has information on which games definitely did not come with manuals this would be useful for collecting and might be a good addition to the database here for others.

I know that my copy of Pac-Man came without any manual, it had the instructions printed on the back of the box...

But it seems to me there were also copies of Pac-Man that DID come with a printed manual....

But that's the only one I know of off hand...

If anyone has information on which games definitely did not come with manuals this would be useful for collecting and might be a good addition to the database here for others.

As you probably saw, not too long ago we added the ability to flag titles as not having a box and/or manual. The icons for items such as these will show up as "n/a" (not available). Mostly we just tagged all the prototypes as such, since most games did come with a manual. There are many more games, mostly homebrews, that don't come with boxes, though, so we got more use out of the "n/a" tag there. :)

..Al

Albert,

Ahh, I didn't notice the change to the database. I took a look at some prototypes and see what you are talking about. In my own personal database I did the same thing with prototypes.

For the entries that don't have the "not availble" icon and don't have a scan, does this mean that a manual exists but you haven't gotten a scan yet?

For the entries that don't have the "not availble" icon and don't have a scan, does this mean that a manual exists but you haven't gotten a scan yet?

Generally, yes. Although there are probably a few entries that manuals don't exist for and we don't have labeled as "n/a". I'm probably going to start scanning my large collection of 2600 manuals this week to help fill the gaps in the 2600 section. Then I will scan the Lynx manuals. Those are the two systems for which we're missing the most manuals right now.

..Al

You probably have them all, but if you need any Lynx stuff I own every released game. :)

I do have nearly every Lynx title (I should figure out which ones I'm missing, especially before CGE), but I know I don't have the manuals for all of them. I'll need to go through the manuals and see which ones I'm missing. I'm not looking forward to scanning the large, poster-style manuals, as those always require additional time to properly "stitch" together (even the commercial software package I bought to assist with the process). Someday when I'm rich I'll have to buy a scanner that can accept posters. :)

Thanks for your offer, I may take you up on it!

..Al