IGNORED

Traveller 7800

gambler172

Hi Guys

I do not have any information about Travi.Where is he??????Until now,he did not arrive at his next host??????

Or is Travi lost in the US(snail)PS?????

:? greetings Walter

I sent Travi to John K Harvey over a week ago... it has not returned to me

Vinnie

I got an email from Walter last week saying it was on it's way to me but I still have not got it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Ok, let's see Travi in action!

Travi arrived, and was interested in some further aventures. Being a seasoned traveler, he decided to accompany me to Tallahassee, FL, for the FSU film school's graduation and film premiere of its graduate students. Travi was all on-board (note that I am an Illinois resident, for those who are unfamiliar).

Our first stop was the replica of the Libery Bell, outside of the Tallahassee capital building.

post-151-1187921880_thumb.jpg

We then visited the capital building there:

post-151-1187921929_thumb.jpg

But then, Travi started to get annoying. He kept asking where the local pubs were.

I tried to retaliate that there was more to life than drinking, and he didn't seem to understand.

To attempt to make an ass out of me, he threatened to join the circus.

post-151-1187922095_thumb.jpg

We stopped speaking. I was annoyed at his rash behavior-- who joins a circus just because they're mad?

He disappeared... and I had a sense that he wanted to talk to someone "more interesting than me".

Then I found him.

post-151-1187922225_thumb.jpg

I suppose things could have been worse-- he seemed to think I had the personality of a statue. An unimportant one too.

So, with that, I gave up, and decided that I would buy Travi a drink just to shut him up.

post-151-1187922304_thumb.jpg

I got him to shut up... and so, we went to the film premiere. This is where all of the FSU graduates show their thesis films.

Travi was excited to be there.

post-151-1187922375_thumb.jpg

After the films, I was alerted to the fact that there was an afterparty.

I really didn't want to go, but Travi... is insatiable. I said that "just because a place has an open bar does NOT mean we need to drink".

He begged to differ, and so, I was in the unfortunate position of having to go through the back door, pretending that I was a shrimp-salesman. I had Travi in my pocket the whole time.

The minute we found the bar, Travi went at it.... again.

post-151-1187922538_thumb.jpg

It got so bad that he started vandalizing the props from some of the movies-- up to his old tricks again.

post-151-1187922587_thumb.jpg

I lost track of him-- he disappeared after that point when I gave him a lecture on "Disorderly conduct".

Damn you Travi. Get your own ride home.

I felt a little bad later, knowing that he would call if he was desperate.

After all, there is an emergency phone system there. My mind wondered-- would he use it?

post-151-1187922698_thumb.jpg

I decided to go back to find him, a drunken cartridge that had probably vomited his PCB all over the carpet at the party-- but again, he was gone.

After hours of seaching, I went back to the hotel. And, what did I find?

post-151-1187922784_thumb.jpg

So, all was well. We got to talking, and decided that we needed to be friends.

When we got back to Illinois, I did the most fun thing to do--- I took him to Wisconsin.

I bought him a cream puff at the Wisconsin State Fair, and we became pals ever since... at least, for a little while.

post-151-1187922890_thumb.jpg

Then, he discovered the "wine tent" at the fair. Great... we were on it all over again.

By this point though, Travi and I didn't have much time. I bought him some tokens, and let him have his fun.

post-151-1187922969_thumb.jpg

We went home, and I knew we didn't have much time left together. So, I had him visit my collection.

post-151-1187923040_thumb.jpg

I showed him my first "uber-rare". An in-package 7800 dev-card, never opened:

post-151-1187923053_thumb.jpg

And, I showed off one of my favorites-- the original diagnostic plugs that I put together when figuring out how the diagnostic cart works (they're one-of-a-kind in my mind):

post-151-1187923061_thumb.jpg

We hugged. We talked. We learned about alcoholism. We had an intervention.

And, we almost joined a circus. I would say that was a pretty eventful adventure, all-in-all.

But, all good things must come to an end. I can honestly say I'll miss Travi and his insatiable lust for drinking.

Well, maybe not that part. But, I will miss his company.

post-151-1187923067_thumb.jpg

Goodbye, Travi!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys!

Ok, let's see Travi in action!

Travi arrived, and was interested in some further aventures. Being a seasoned traveler, he decided to accompany me to Tallahassee, FL, for the FSU film school's graduation and film premiere of its graduate students. Travi was all on-board (note that I am an Illinois resident, for those who are unfamiliar).

Our first stop was the replica of the Libery Bell, outside of the Tallahassee capital building.

post-151-1187921880_thumb.jpg

We then visited the capital building there:

post-151-1187921929_thumb.jpg

But then, Travi started to get annoying. He kept asking where the local pubs were.

I tried to retaliate that there was more to life than drinking, and he didn't seem to understand.

To attempt to make an ass out of me, he threatened to join the circus.

post-151-1187922095_thumb.jpg

We stopped speaking. I was annoyed at his rash behavior-- who joins a circus just because they're mad?

He disappeared... and I had a sense that he wanted to talk to someone "more interesting than me".

Then I found him.

post-151-1187922225_thumb.jpg

I suppose things could have been worse-- he seemed to think I had the personality of a statue. An unimportant one too.

So, with that, I gave up, and decided that I would buy Travi a drink just to shut him up.

post-151-1187922304_thumb.jpg

I got him to shut up... and so, we went to the film premiere. This is where all of the FSU graduates show their thesis films.

Travi was excited to be there.

post-151-1187922375_thumb.jpg

After the films, I was alerted to the fact that there was an afterparty.

I really didn't want to go, but Travi... is insatiable. I said that "just because a place has an open bar does NOT mean we need to drink".

He begged to differ, and so, I was in the unfortunate position of having to go through the back door, pretending that I was a shrimp-salesman. I had Travi in my pocket the whole time.

The minute we found the bar, Travi went at it.... again.

post-151-1187922538_thumb.jpg

It got so bad that he started vandalizing the props from some of the movies-- up to his old tricks again.

post-151-1187922587_thumb.jpg

I lost track of him-- he disappeared after that point when I gave him a lecture on "Disorderly conduct".

Damn you Travi. Get your own ride home.

I felt a little bad later, knowing that he would call if he was desperate.

After all, there is an emergency phone system there. My mind wondered-- would he use it?

post-151-1187922698_thumb.jpg

I decided to go back to find him, a drunken cartridge that had probably vomited his PCB all over the carpet at the party-- but again, he was gone.

After hours of seaching, I went back to the hotel. And, what did I find?

post-151-1187922784_thumb.jpg

So, all was well. We got to talking, and decided that we needed to be friends.

When we got back to Illinois, I did the most fun thing to do--- I took him to Wisconsin.

I bought him a cream puff at the Wisconsin State Fair, and we became pals ever since... at least, for a little while.

post-151-1187922890_thumb.jpg

Then, he discovered the "wine tent" at the fair. Great... we were on it all over again.

By this point though, Travi and I didn't have much time. I bought him some tokens, and let him have his fun.

post-151-1187922969_thumb.jpg

We went home, and I knew we didn't have much time left together. So, I had him visit my collection.

post-151-1187923040_thumb.jpg

I showed him my first "uber-rare". An in-package 7800 dev-card, never opened:

post-151-1187923053_thumb.jpg

And, I showed off one of my favorites-- the original diagnostic plugs that I put together when figuring out how the diagnostic cart works (they're one-of-a-kind in my mind):

post-151-1187923061_thumb.jpg

We hugged. We talked. We learned about alcoholism. We had an intervention.

And, we almost joined a circus. I would say that was a pretty eventful adventure, all-in-all.

But, all good things must come to an end. I can honestly say I'll miss Travi and his insatiable lust for drinking.

Well, maybe not that part. But, I will miss his company.

post-151-1187923067_thumb.jpg

Goodbye, Travi!

Travi needs a serious intervention!

Funk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...