IGNORED

I am updating the Pepsi Invaders registry

homerwannabee

Ok, sorry for the delay...

This is the cart with its "original plastic"...

really DUNNO if it's original or not :ponder:

post-10922-128908649134_thumb.jpg

post-10922-128908652519_thumb.jpg

As I said before I replaced the plastic case because the original one does NOT enter into the VCS cart slot :? !

... I "swap" again the plastics, so it's NOW in its "original" case, but with the coil and the "sledge" of the other cart...

and, in fact, now it goes perfectly in the VCS :) !

post-10922-128908678019_thumb.jpg

post-10922-128908682871_thumb.jpg

post-10922-12890868424_thumb.jpg

post-10922-128908685495_thumb.jpg

Your photos are pretty grainy, but my intuition is that the board is wrong, the markings on the shield are almost certainly wrong, and the fact that the cartridge was missing parts means that it was definitely tampered with at some time. I think it's a fake. Nice soldering job if it is a fake though; it certainly looks like it could be wave-soldered.

Yeah, sorry for the grainy pictures... done with a phone :)

Oh, it was me that "tampered" it just to replace the coil and the sledge, cause they were kinda' broken...

but it had all its part, and no glue signs on the plastics.

This is all I could know... but even if it could finally be considered not original I'm sure it isn't a reproduction

(I saw one of them and it has a completely different pcb, with a sort of standard-programmable eprom !)...

Fake ?

OK, I have a faked Pepsi...

Hehe, at least I could produce for it a "repro" box and a label like Mark did for his repros... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1505157370391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150515737039&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Oh, it was me that "tampered" it just to replace the coil and the sledge, cause they were kinda' broken...

This is all I could know... but even if it could finally be considered not original I'm sure it isn't a reproduction

(I saw one of them and it has a completely different pcb, with a sort of standard-programmable eprom !)...

Fake ?

Hehe, at least I could produce for it a "repro" box and a label like Mark did for his repros... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1505157370391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150515737039&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER];)

Yeah, unless, said otherwise, I am taking you off the list.

Edit: Looks like said otherwise.

PEPSI INVADERS (no label)

1. Cincynoti: Cart

2. 98Pacecar: Cart (got his cart from myself of which I got from Buyatari)

3. Dino:Cart, (Got his from Cvga)

4. Cvga's friend: Cart, Box (Got the box from Cvga)

5. Marc Oberhauser: Cart

6. Marco: Cart

7. Ianoid: Cart (Got his from Tempest)

8. Wonder007: Cart (Got his off Ebay in 2005)

9. PJR175: Cart (Got his off Ebay in 2006)

10. Spaceinvader2002: Cart ( A poster a few years back who claimed to have it)

11. Generalhellfire:Cart (Got his from Cokewins)

12. Ricky: Cart, Box (Picture that Mattyxb put up a few years back, the link had the name Ricky on it) (This Maybe Sealed)

13. DeusExMachina got his from allhallowseve Who got his from decypher who got his from Ceo_sezso who got his from a thrift store.)

14. atari2600guru: Cart, Box (Got his during the great find of 1994 when 3 boxed ones where unearthed)

15. Anonymous: Cart (Got his form CrunchySuperman got his from tool*shed*)

16. tool*shed*: Cart

17. Marksowen: Cart (Got his from riffraff)

18. Atari2600lives(Alex): Cart (Got his from Don who got his in a local trade)

19. Rick Weiss:Cart, Box(Got his from vgc who got his from the son of a Coca Cola employee)

20. JustJeff: Cart (Got his from Video-Game-Stuff got his from a thriftstore)

21. Jump Junky: Cart (Got his from father who worked at company)

22. Phaser_on_patrol: Cart (Got from Monzamess off Ebay, who got his from a local fleamart)

23. igg1na: Cart ?

24. Siepchr: Cart (got off Ebay from harmonj1)

25. Steve Averitt: Cart

26. Nerdyguy69: Cart

27. Redweyer: Cart

28. 28. Macdsa: Cart, got from a friend who got it off Ebay)

xx. Bruce Tomlin made mention of a couple of Pepsi Invaders floating around out there that were found and one was supposedly sealed. This could be a reference to when cvga found a boxed Pepsi Invaders and a loose one. ( Said it was found in a swapmeet in Georgia)

PEPSI INVADERS lab-loaner label

1. AA cpuwiz

2. AA rick weis

3. AA bloatedmonkey (coca-cola eprom)

4. Mayhem UK (Got his from Marco)

4B. Wonder 007 (Got his from one of the first 3)

5. Jerry G.

6. ginnidog? not confirmed.

• Like 1

Fake ?

Hehe, at least I could produce for it a "repro" box and a label like Mark did for his repros... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1505157370391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&camp

Does it have any type of electronics other than the ROM chip? If not then it's definitely an original. A repro would use an EPROM and that would need an inverter circuit to run.

Mitch

That ain't no fake, it's 100% real.

If this was almost anyone else I would not have put him back up. The board is different than the others, and even the markings on the shield are different. But since you have a vastly more extensive knowledge about these things, I defer my opinion about this to your expertise.

Does it have any type of electronics other than the ROM chip? If not then it's definitely an original. A repro would use an EPROM and that would need an inverter circuit to run.

Be aware that an inverter can be made from one transistor and one or two resistors, and that in surface-mount versions those parts are tiny. They could easily be hidden under the shield, possibly even under the EPROM.

No, it only has the chip...

Be aware that an inverter can be made from one transistor and one or two resistors, and that in surface-mount versions those parts are tiny. They could easily be hidden under the shield, possibly even under the EPROM.

Wow! They would have made a great job then...

Listen... for me it makes no difference if it is original or not.

I have it, and I keep it... but maybe my wife and/or daughter would sell it when I'll be... [bLABLA] :P !

@Homer

No problems, Homer... since there's no prove that my cart is original keep it off of the Pepsi list .

No, it only has the chip...

Wow! They would have made a great job then...

Listen... for me it makes no difference if it is original or not.

I have it, and I keep it... but maybe my wife and/or daughter would sell it when I'll be... [bLABLA] :P !

@Homer

No problems, Homer... since there's no prove that my cart is original keep it off of the Pepsi list .

CPUWIZ is the number 1 authority on what is real, and what is not at AtariAge. A statement from him that it is 100 percent real is pretty solid. So me leaving it on the list is out of respect to CPUWIZ. I trust what he says, even if it goes against my own instincts.

Sold mine.

Wow. You sold a bunch of super rare stuff. I hope it didn't go to Allhallowseve2000.

I am almost positive this stuff did not go to him. Cruchy spent a ton of money on Ultravision Karate, and Video Life. Allhallowseve would not of offered him what he paid for them, so I am sure that it is someone else who was able to pry loose these treasured items from him.

Sold mine.

Wow. You sold a bunch of super rare stuff. I hope it didn't go to Allhallowseve2000.

I am almost positive this stuff did not go to him. Cruchy spent a ton of money on Ultravision Karate, and Video Life. Allhallowseve would not of offered him what he paid for them, so I am sure that it is someone else who was able to pry loose these treasured items from him.

You'd be suprised ;)

Sold mine.

You'd be suprised ;)

I don't mind resellers one bit, but I can't stand sneaky wormy dishonest resellers.

Sold mine.

You'd be suprised ;)

I was right! :D

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805952206191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280595220619&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sold mine.

You'd be suprised ;)

I was right! :D

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805952206191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280595220619&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That makes no sense whatsoever. I guess Allhallowseve found a week spot in the hobby, and took advantage of it. My guess is people with super rare games don't get offered money too often for their stuff. Hence an opening for Allhallowseve is created. Still Crunchysuperman was not close to broke. He did not need the money, and had the most extensive loose game collection known to man. With many, many, many label variations that very, very few people had. It was his ambition, and his life. To just leave all that on the drop of a dime makes no sense.

• 1 year later...

I own a Pepsi Invaders prototype- and provided video evidence of its existence to Digital Press back in 1993 (the game was known as Coke Wins back then). Everyone was pretty excited about the fact that I discovered it at a flea market :) In fact in 1994 or 95 I wrote an article describing the gameplay for the 2600 Connection. Good times... Steve

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah, unless, said otherwise, I am taking you off the list.

Edit: Looks like said otherwise.

PEPSI INVADERS (no label)

1. Cincynoti: Cart

2. 98Pacecar: Cart (got his cart from myself of which I got from Buyatari)

3. Dino:Cart, (Got his from Cvga)

4. Cvga's friend: Cart, Box (Got the box from Cvga)

5. Marc Oberhauser: Cart

6. Marco: Cart

7. Ianoid: Cart (Got his from Tempest)

8. Wonder007: Cart (Got his off Ebay in 2005)

9. PJR175: Cart (Got his off Ebay in 2006)

10. Spaceinvader2002: Cart ( A poster a few years back who claimed to have it)

11. Generalhellfire:Cart (Got his from Cokewins)

12. Ricky: Cart, Box (Picture that Mattyxb put up a few years back, the link had the name Ricky on it) (This Maybe Sealed)

13. DeusExMachina got his from allhallowseve Who got his from decypher who got his from Ceo_sezso who got his from a thrift store.)

14. atari2600guru: Cart, Box (Got his during the great find of 1994 when 3 boxed ones where unearthed)

15. Anonymous: Cart (Got his form CrunchySuperman got his from tool*shed*)

16. tool*shed*: Cart

17. Marksowen: Cart (Got his from riffraff)

18. Atari2600lives(Alex): Cart (Got his from Don who got his in a local trade)

19. Rick Weiss:Cart, Box(Got his from vgc who got his from the son of a Coca Cola employee)

20. JustJeff: Cart (Got his from Video-Game-Stuff got his from a thriftstore)

21. Jump Junky: Cart (Got his from father who worked at company)

22. Phaser_on_patrol: Cart (Got from Monzamess off Ebay, who got his from a local fleamart)

23. igg1na: Cart ?

24. Siepchr: Cart (got off Ebay from harmonj1)

25. Steve Averitt: Cart

26. Nerdyguy69: Cart

27. Redweyer: Cart

28. 28. Macdsa: Cart, got from a friend who got it off Ebay)

xx. Bruce Tomlin made mention of a couple of Pepsi Invaders floating around out there that were found and one was supposedly sealed. This could be a reference to when cvga found a boxed Pepsi Invaders and a loose one. ( Said it was found in a swapmeet in Georgia)

PEPSI INVADERS lab-loaner label

1. AA cpuwiz

2. AA rick weis

3. AA bloatedmonkey (coca-cola eprom)

4. Mayhem UK (Got his from Marco)

4B. Wonder 007 (Got his from one of the first 3)

5. Jerry G.

6. ginnidog? not confirmed.

From the information provided by allhallowseve2000 on Ebay, the lab-loaner label cart that I now own is the one that formerly belonged to Jerry G., number five on the lab-loaner label list.

Pepsi Invaders   Coke Wins (Front)

Pepsi Invaders   Coke Wins (Top)

• 3 months later...