IGNORED

Espial should be a rarity 8 game.

homerwannabee

No way this is a rarity 6 game. Of all the games that are rarity 6 this is either the hardest or one of the hardest to get. I personally have not seen this game up on Ebay for over 2 months. Try going to any online site and they will not have it as well. I personally am making a $40 offer for this game loose and I have no takers. And Albert if you still think this is a rarity 6 game I would gladly buy your Espial off of you for $40.

There seems to be a fair number of these boxed floating around. I know I've personally seen several CIB or NIB copies of this title. I have it CIB. I think $40 is a fair price for it loose, anywhere from $65-150 CIB I think it goes up & down as most do.

Springer I would rate an R8 but this one I think is really a R6.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say this is a hard one to argue about. Main reason being that if I actually am persuasive I am going to have to pay more for this game. I almost feel like setting up a straw man argument so you guys can easily knock it down. ;) Here are a couple of things to think about. This game has not shown up for auction since right before Christmas. That's over 2 and a half months of it not being available on Ebay. Just this year alone atleast 4 Quadruns have shown up and that is a rarity 9 game. Another thing to ponder, if Espial was made a rarity 8 game it would still not be the most common. I swear it seems that a Crazy Climber, Master builder, Mr. Do's Castle are up for auction week in and week out. Do you really think any of these rarity 8 games I just mentioned could go 2 months without going up on Ebay. Another thing, you can't even find this game on any online site. You compare this game to the rarity of Miner2049er vol II. If this is true, how come in the 6th issue of The Video Game Collector Atari2600.com advertised that they had over 12 of these games available. :ponder: Again in the last 2 months I have not noticed one Espial available by that site. If you go to the wanted section of this site you will see that I have stated that I will now pay $45 for this game. I even put this in the heading, again I have no takers. And Keir if you really think this is easy to get as Miner2049er vol II I would ask that you would sell me your loose Espial if you have one for $45. In fact anyone reading this that actually agrees with these 2 posters sell me your loose Espial for $45. Yep that's what I thought, I have no takers.

Edited by homerwannabee

Based on what I have seen and been offered, I believe this game to be a six.

Game availability fluctuates in my opinion. Perfect example is the Color Bar Generator cart, before the recent offering of five (give or take) Color Bars in the last six months, a Color Bar had not come out in over two years.

Hmm, that was a few years ago though. And the color bar generater was probably a small find someone got hold of. Wow $40 for a New In Box Espial and I can't get anything with a $45 offer for a loose one. My guess is Tempest is that when you got your Espial there was a stash of these found somewhere. Whenever something like that happens it has a way of knocking the price down for a little while until all of the games are sold. But I really think the well may have run dry on this game. The thing that sucks is that this is the only game left I need to finish my Tigervision collection. I think that you guys have a different perspective because none of you are looking for this game. And it seems that everyone responding not only has the game but has it boxed as well. I think this may be a case where the game is really not that hard to get boxed, but when it comes to finding this game loose it becomes a different story. As far as boxed games go you guys are probably right that it is a rarity 6 but I am almost certain that this game loose is more like a 8.

post-1753-1173411998_thumb.jpgCost me $12 (and no it's not for sale). :P

All teasing aside, I think that it's too early to decide. It was definitely more common a couple years ago when I got mine, and I missed the NIB ones that were going around (that could be because everyone who got a boxed one was getting rid of their loose one). Right now there might be a shortage but give it some more time.