IGNORED

MASSIVE E-BAY FRAUD... MUST READ!!!

King Asmo

I can't get into too many details now, but anyone who sells on eBay, you should considering blocking:

nesdestroyer

from your auctions. He bids on all auctions with Buy It Nows, then leaves negative feedback for the user. I then called up the person "nesdestroyer" claims to be.. it turns out that nesdestroyer is using false information and trying to harass the person he used the information of. So please, PLEASE stay away from this member.

I'll report more later.

Cheers,

KA

I hope eBay does something about this guy, but given their track record, I doubt it will happen.

His *real* info is:

Alex Badalamenti

1214 Morris Street

Philadelphia PA 19148

215-389-8653

I'm going to either file charges, or have him taken to small claims court later in the week, once I get enough information.

KA

Holy crap!

You should take him to court, and kick his *ahem*. I'd recommend printing out his feedback list, and talking to the people that responded to his feedback. Also, try checking out what other people say about him.

Hopefully you can send the guy in the slammer, or at least grab some cash out of this.

Apparently he's been doing this for awhile. I got this from the Traderlist site:

Date: Sunday, January 13, 2002

Time: 7:21 PM EST

Submitted by: Masao Aoto

Email address: maoto69@yahoo.com

Remote Addr: 172.183.48.59

Subject: hogan2499@yahoo.com

traders_name: Alex Badalamenti

Comments: dead email: LordHulkHogan@ aol.com

Alex Badalamenti

Philadelphia PA 19148

the person fraund on me to steal my Brand new sealed condition Nintendo Dragon Warrior III. We have trade sealed condition game each other but he send me fake selaed games that is appear to be Used condiotion. I ask him to return my game but he have block my email address on his email account. I returned his game with return fee (priority mail + deliver conformation service = $4,00) for my game but he never return my game. last week, I send email to him and finally got email back from him then he said he already return my game. well, I send reply to him to ask delivery conformation number but now he canceled his email account. this person is fraud artist! I have contacted my lawer but it's cost me too much so I have reported on several govament site. If you are collecting games Please beware this person.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1360673684

Here's another example of a potential problematic bidder. This guy is bidding $31 for a NUON game that can commonly be had for $10???? And he's unregistered. Unregistered bidders contradict what eBay was founded on (the community principle). What kind of recourse and resolution do they expect you to have if a deal goes bad with one of these bidders?!?!? I hope they see the error of their ways and disallow all unregistered bidders in the future.

They don't generally let unregistered users bid. Here's what I found out from eBay:

If you see the words, “Not a Registered User” next to an eBay member’s User ID, this means that this person unregistered from eBay after the listing closed. Because only registered eBay members can participate on eBay, you are not obligated to buy or sell from this person.

So I guess he was registered when he bid. Still, tho... eBay really should do something about their security.

KA

Holy crap, this guys a jerk. I was outraged when I woke up this morning to find a negative feedback on my account that the bidder wasn't supposed to leave. No it wasn't the same guy, but it really irks me that 2 of my 800+ feedbacks are negatives that shouldn't have ever happened. I'm gonna email eBay and get this guy kicked for good!

Tad

King Asmo --

I 100% support you taking this guy to court. It is damn hard to build positive Ebay feedback and it really gets me someone ruining all that effort. If you need any evidence about how hard is to gain positive feedback and how something like this is a direct attack/slander on character and potential buying/earning power count me as a supporter/witness. Keep us informed. -- RG

The only saving grace is that when a person goes to "not registered user" status, all his negative fb goes to neutral. So if you have a negative and he gets booted by Ebay, you won't have it any longer. The good thing also is that if he his fb is a negative number, anyone looking at your fb will just ignore the asshole.

Phil

Ranger: I really appreciate the effort, but I'll be filing in Toronto, ON, so it'd be difficult to bring someone in from Florida.

First of all I want to find out if this guy is a minor, coz through a little research I found out that he lives with his father. I'm going to spend the $20, file in small claims court, either against him or against his Dad (again, depending on what I learn). I'm sure I'll never collect, but it'll be fun messing up their credit rating, plus it will make it impossible for them to enter Canada without paying.

KA

The only saving grace is that when a person goes to "not registered user" status, all his negative fb goes to neutral. So if you have a negative and he gets booted by Ebay, you won't have it any longer. The good thing also is that if he his fb is a negative number, anyone looking at your fb will just ignore the asshole.

Phil

I thought that under the new feedback system all feedbacks remained after a user became no longer registered... even negatives... I know they used to be changed to neutral, but I thought it remained now???

Please correct me if I'm wrong, lord knows I'm wrong a lot....

Tad

Not that anybody is following anymore, but this just showed up on rec.games.video.classic:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:34:35 -0700

Newsgroups: rec.games.video.classic

Subject: Re: user NESDESTROYER on eBay

Parts/Attachments:

1 OK 26 lines Text

2 Shown 23 lines Text

----------------------------------------

[ Part 1, Text/PLAIN 26 lines. ]

[ Not Shown. Use the "V" command to view or save this part. ]

He's been ripping off ebay users for several months now. I bought two

supposed factory sealed NES games off him and when I recieved them, it

was clear that they were previously used and he had re-sealed them. When

I left him negative feedback, he filed non paying bidder reports agianst

me out of retaliation. Luckily I got the reports cleared off my record

because I had proof that I paid him.

You have to be careful because he has had several ebay user id's:

immortalseller

i_am_a_real_american_fight_for_the_rights_of_every_man

kakrotto

mafiadonn

...and many others

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I *really* wish I had known about this months ago. I think the eBay classic gaming community should try to inform people when they do have problems with bidders/sellers, since informing people can save a whole lot of headaches.

I'm not really out much.. just a few bucks.. no big deal. I just want to make sure this kid doesn't go back to *really* scamming people.

KA

The thing I've found over the 3 years I've been using eBay is that the quality of the buyer/seller TRULY varies depending on what he/she buys and sells.

What am I talking about? Prior to buying and selling video games (both classic and modern), I had NEVER had a problem with a buyer or seller. It was when I began selling a few games that I had problem with bidders not sending payment, etc which indicates that many of these are children.

The most reliable customers in my experience are people who buy/sell PC and Macintosh stuff. With Mac users, I've had PERFECT experiences!

I've noticed that as well, Adrian.

There tends also to be a difference with the age of the stuff.. generally the older the games, the better the experiences. From selling, I tend to have a lot more problems tracking down people who bid on my NES stuff.. whereas my Atari/Coleco/Intellivision auctions tend to run more smoothly. I've heard horror stories RE: eBay and Dreamcast stuff.

KA

WOW!

This just got even more interesting.

I just got an e-mail from NESDESTROYER. Here's his e-mail, with my response.

--------

--- Shemo Purs <nesdestroyer@airgunner.net> wrote:

> This has nothing to do with you or anyone else. My

> main goal is to vanquish Tim at all costs. I will

> keep hitting on him until I get him. Go to

> safeharbour and squaretrade to remove -1. Again, you

> can call me an asshole and anything you want, but I

> still am going to win against asshole atwood

By bidding on my games, you've agreed to a binding contract to purchase 50 NES games, and I expect to get paid for them. If not, I will pursue the matter in small claims court.

---------

What the heck is this guy thinking?

KA

Unfortunately, NESDESTROYER decided to use Mr. Atwoods contact information when he bid on all these items. So he's been dealing with irate phone calls and e-mails all day. I'm worried that I may be the next target of this guy's identity fraud.

I advised Mr. Atwood to file identity fraud charges with the FTC. There's a website about it at:

http://www.fraud.org

I was contacted again by NESDESTROYER RE: the previous e-mail. Here's his one line letter and my response:

-------

--- Shemo Purs <nesdestroyer@airgunner.net> wrote:

> Suck my big fat dick

Comments like that are unnecessary.

Do you plan on paying for the auction you bid on, or

will I have to pursue legal action?

-----------

He hasn't mailed me back, and I have a feeling he won't. It'll be interesting to see, tho.

KA