IGNORED

Flashback 2 History - Faq from Fiction...

I was pointed to a Plug and Play fact where the author didn't bother to do any fact checking and is apparently making blind assumptions without doing any fact checking -

This author's Flashback2PnP faq states-

"· The FB2’s 2600-on-a-chip software was written in VHDL by Carlos Lopez in 2002-2003, who worked out an agreement with Legacy Engineering for the rights to use it."

The author never contacted me and doesn't know what he is talking about. If there is an agreement, contract or rights use in place somewhere, darned if I, Carlos Lopez or anyone else, other then the author ever knew about it.

Fact -

The FB2 chip work started by me in June 2004 after Atari gave the go ahead for a FB1 console, but needed a product in 10 weeks and 4 months would be needed to generate a basic prototype and 2 months to synthesis it to an ASIC. Undaunted I knew of Atari's sales of the first console worked out, they would want a follow up and that follow up would be the console I wanted to do in the first place.

Fact -

Carlos Lopez work was his own, my work was my own, we never shared or exchanged any code, the only connection I have to him is he, like others, used the TIA schematics I released out into PD several years ago.

Fact -

In December 2004 Carlos Lopez sent Atari a video demonstration of his FPGA rig running games, Atari forwarded to me to review as I was already in contract to produce the FB2 for a June 05' release. I emailed Carlos about his project and explained that our own chip development was already past where he currently was since he had not even begun looking to optimize to an ASIC as he wanted someone else to do the rest of the work for a very high royalty payment.

Fact -

Proto 1 of "Michele" was demo'd at Atari's NYC office January 19th running 10 games from a Winbond ASIC.

Fact -

January - February 2005 - Proto 1 was shown in closed door demonstrations at the NY Toy Faire to select retailers.

Fact -

Retrogames LLC - who supposedly bought Carlos Lopez' design is NOT owned or associated with in any way, shape or form with Legacy Engineeing Group (My firm)

Fact -

The Flashback2PnP Faq author needs to get his facts straight and straighten out his Faq from Fiction.

Curt

Get the ATARI boys as well as your own folks to tell him to fix it or take it down. Makes you both look bad if you ask me to have stuff posted about your product that says it's second and third hand tech and on top of that the info is all bullshit. I say put him in the wood chipper Curt, It's for the best intrestes Of Legacy and Atari :) :evil:

Its careless authoring...

A Faq is supposed to be based on facts, not someone's own assumptions and reckless guessing.

Curt

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but do you think this is a harmless mistake by the Flashback 2PnP FAQ or a deliberate attempt to cash in on Legacy Engineerings work?

• 4 years later...