IGNORED

What are your favorite Final Fantasy games?

Rhindle The Red

What are your favorite Final Fantasy games?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite primary Final Fantasy game?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV (original US title: Final Fantasy II)
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI (original US title: Final Fantasy III)
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • I can't choose just one
    • I never played any of them
    • I don't like any of them
  2. 2. What is your favorite spin-off Final Fantasy game?

• Dirge of Cerebus: Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy Adventure
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    • Final Fantasy Legend
    • Final Fantasy Legend II
    • Final Fantasy Legend III
    • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    • Final Fantasy Tactics
    • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    • Final Fantasy X-2
    • I can't choose just one
    • I never played any of them
    • I don't like any of them

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

For me I could not choose just one. The whole series has had some great installments. The original was great although the graphics don't compare to what they can do today. The story lines have been great on 7 thru 12. New characters, new weapons and some of the greatest new spells and abilities. Keep 'em comin'. I love them all.

Seven and Legend 3 for me. It's hard to decide which of those is better than the other, system and release dates considered.

I didn't like 10 that much in either form. Eight's close to the top, but it's been too long since I played it. I probably shoulda voted for it anyway.

FFVII was the first one for me.

STILL my reasoning behind why the PSX 1 was all we need. Played nice emus of Atari 2600 and 80s arcade stuff, plus did other great things.

PS2? Better graphics and a DVD player. Meh.

PS3? Photorealism...so what? It costs $700 in Canada.

FFVIII was a love story with no love, and creepy 3D characters.

FFIX was back to a winning formula in a way, but it didn't move me like FFVII did.

Edited by sidcrowe

If they're "Final" Fantasy... why do they keep making them? :ponder:

Square was about to go bankrupt back in the NES days. The company pooled all its remaining money into producing one last game (FF1), and it miraculously (and luckily for them) sold ridiculously outstanding amounts (it was a hit).

final fantasy 7 turned me off big time. to me, it's like the antithesis of what a videogame should be. but, that is just my opinion. i can see why people would really love it. but if i remember correctly, that game made me give up playing videogames for 3 or 4 years. i hated it that much.

Actually I was a HUGE Final Fantasy fan and looked forward to every release... Then FF VII came out. I was so excited, but after playing it halfway through, I hated it and have not played a new FF game to this day. That game turned me off to the series big time.. I just couldn't stand the 3d polygons, etc.

What's funny though is that to many FF fanatics, FF VII was their introduction to the series! :lol:

Final Fantasy VI (USA III) is an awesome game, easily the best the main series has to offer. It's main flaw is that it takes forever to play. Plus, the game settles into a grindathon at the end. Despite those flaws, the ride is worth it. The storyline is deep and solid, and the game engine is rewarding and engaging. It would qualify as the best RPG ever, if Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar didn't set the bar so high as to be unreachable.

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) is also easily the best of the spinoffs to bear the FF name. The story is utter ass, and imminently skipable, but the gameplay is tactical bliss. It isn't the best of the tactical RPG genre (Dark Wizard as well as Shining Force CD easily beat it), but it does have depth and an immense variety of tactical problems to work out. The biggest negative is the dynamic game balancing the game uses where all fights are balanced by the level of your main character. This oddly makes the random encounters in the late game much more dangerous than the scripted fights, which become pushovers. Classes are extremely unbalanced. Magic is totally worthless (unless, I'm told, you grind through the effort of creating a Calculator). There are also characters you get as the game progresses which completely eclipse anything you've worked up on your own. And then there's the fact you can only bring 5 characters into a fight, and the game often forces you to fill those slots with scripted characters.

Final Fantasy VI (USA III) is an awesome game, easily the best the main series has to offer. It's main flaw is that it takes forever to play.

Here's my one gripe about that FFVI/III(u.s.) that I think is a huge flaw that ruined it from the time I first played it through. It's that with the espers you can basically give everyone the exact same powers! And of course since I could, I HAD TO give everyone the most powerful spells and you basically end up with one big homogenous party. :roll:

I mean it gets ridiculous when every single one of your party from the jungle boy to the fighters all can cast ULTIMA and the most powerful healing spells. I mean, whats the point? Sure you can make an effort to differentiate your party but come on.. to me, if it allows you to max out your characters, I'm gonna do that. They should have limited it somehow.

I much preferred u.s. FF2. At least everyone was different and had their strengths and weaknesses. You had your healers and your magic users and your fighters, etc. Not just the whole party coming out with everyone casting the same exact spell :)

Back in middle school, I used to watch my friend play FF 2 and 3...While I was impressed with the graphics and sounds, they bored me. But then again, I never played an rpg in my life at the time. The first RPG actually ever sat down and played to completion was FF 7. I thought, for the time, it was a really great game. I also beat FF 9 and thought it's a very good game. I almost beat FF 10 but I got stuck near the end and just gave up... Never played 8, probably thanks to GameFan (My fav mag) bashing it. :P

Final Fantasy VIII was my introduction to the series, it was a great game, but i still havent beat it yet, maybe one of these days . Then FFX was my second one, then i tried FF7, but didnt get too far in that one, and then FF9, then FFXII, well actually i *played* FF1 before i played FF9, but, i only got to the first boss :(

Edited by ewing92

I voted for FF:VI. I used to be really big on Seven, but man....i will NEVER be able to play that game again. To say that time has been unkind is not enough. So, loss of replay value knocks it down a few pegs in my book. I never thought FF:VI really had enough to do aside from the main story, but i like the characters, so it wins.

• 6 months later...