IGNORED

Anyone want a non working Nuclear Nick tape?

Ross PK

The tape it's self doesn't seem to be damaged, it's just that the reels seem tight, therefore it doesn't load but could be really easy to fix. There's no case or insert for it though.

If the P+P is really cheap I'll pay for it myself, but I really don't know how to find out how much it would cost or what sort of stamps I would have to ask for in the post office.

I think I may only post it to someone in the UK though as posting it to another country would make things even more complicated.

post-7172-1175270363_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ross PK

I used to fix those things myself. First, I would buy a blank cassette that you could take apart with a phillips screwdriver. I would take apart the blank cassette, then the broken cassette (even if I had to break the case to get it apart), then I would put the tape reels into the new case and put it back together.

The other thing is that occasionally the tapes would tighten up (sometimes indicating a problem with the tape player)... The easy fix that works a lot of the time is to fast forward and rewind the tape 2 or 3 times (all the way from begining to end) this will usually untension the tape.

The other thing is that occasionally the tapes would tighten up (sometimes indicating a problem with the tape player)... The easy fix that works a lot of the time is to fast forward and rewind the tape 2 or 3 times (all the way from begining to end) this will usually untension the tape.

or tap it on the floor a good few times, that always worked for me.

Yup, I done that with LA SWAT and it ended up working fine. I've tried it with NN though and it doesn't make any difference, I even rewond/fastforwarded it in another tape player.

I've noticed that the lid on my XC12 doesn't really close right (the lid seems to trap the bottom of the tape a bit while closing, and then pushes it further in befrore clicking shut, so maybe it could work perfectly if I used a 1010.