IGNORED

New game Mind Blast released!

_Fandal_

Hi all!

My newest game "Mind Blast" is out. It was released as a part of jubilee Flop magazine No. 50 at Atariada 2007 party. Enjoy!

Short description:

Mind Blast is based on PC game Mind Bender from Chuzzle Deluxe pack. The goal of game is to arrange balls to pattern shown in the left bottom corner. Mind Blast has 150 levels: 15 two-colored, 30 three-colored, 45 four-colored and 60 five-colored. Each level has a unique password.

Controls:

* joystick - ball movements

* START - restart level

* SELECT - music on/off

* ESC - return to the title screen

Requirements:

* 64kB of memory

* PAL system recommended

Credits:

* Fandal - brutal code, levels design

* PG - idea, gfx, sfx, msx, levels design

* Raster & Bob!k of C.P.U. - some hints, criticism of Fandal's code

F.

Hi all!

My newest game "Mind Blast" is out. It was released as a part of jubilee Flop magazine No. 50 at Atariada 2007 party. Enjoy!

Short description:

Mind Blast is based on PC game Mind Bender from Chuzzle Deluxe pack. The goal of game is to arrange balls to pattern shown in the left bottom corner. Mind Blast has 150 levels: 15 two-colored, 30 three-colored, 45 four-colored and 60 five-colored. Each level has a unique password.

Controls:

* joystick - ball movements

* START - restart level

* SELECT - music on/off

* ESC - return to the title screen

Requirements:

* 64kB of memory

* PAL system recommended

Credits:

* Fandal - brutal code, levels design

* PG - idea, gfx, sfx, msx, levels design

* Raster & Bob!k of C.P.U. - some hints, criticism of Fandal's code

F.

:D Cool. Nice work Fandal! I like these type of games a lot, I played one of your previous games Cubico to death :) very addictive Edited by Tezz

I've played through 18 levels and have just reached level 19 with the addition of another color. Maybe it will get difficult now. I do like the graphics and music. Is there a chance of a stereo music version?

Edited by Gunstar

Haven't D/L'd the game but looking at the screenshots i guess you used some of those advanced gfx techniques like hip/gtia bug etc

Neither HIP (no interlace at all) nor GTIA bug are used. In order to get so many colours per rasterline, the game does heavily use sprite underlays. Also mid-scanline register changes are used in the status bar.

Neither HIP (no interlace at all) nor GTIA bug are used. In order to get so many colours per rasterline, the game does heavily use sprite underlays. Also mid-scanline register changes are used in the status bar.

:D I love the attention to graphics and colour usage with mid scanline changes and underlay in current produced games.. It makes my day to see it :D I forever wanted this to be done on every game back in the day.

The recent game's aren't just good graphically, they are very playable to the point of addiction. I've played Cubico and Monex a L.O.T. :cool: