IGNORED

Why isn't there an 8bit ROM software section at AtariAge?

kheller2

I would appreciate ANYTHING on the 8bits. I love these machines and would love to see a section. Even it it's just bare minimum stuff at first. Hardware lists and details (ie which power supplies are used) would be phenominal. This would save me endless time and effort trolling the net for questionable information. I remember seeing on here a couple of years ago that an 8bit section was going up. What happened?

I would appreciate ANYTHING on the 8bits. I love these machines and would love to see a section. Even it it's just bare minimum stuff at first. Hardware lists and details (ie which power supplies are used) would be phenominal. This would save me endless time and effort trolling the net for questionable information. I remember seeing on here a couple of years ago that an 8bit section was going up. What happened?

Most of that information is found in the 8bit FAQ: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq/

I understand why it would be very daunting to catalog all the software and hardware let alone revisions and prototypes and the like. I think it would be fine to only include officially released carts and stick to that only. As mentioned there are several other sites that inventory and catalog disks and cassettes.

Most of that information is found in the 8bit FAQ: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq/

I understand why it would be very daunting to catalog all the software and hardware let alone revisions and prototypes and the like. I think it would be fine to only include officially released carts and stick to that only. As mentioned there are several other sites that inventory and catalog disks and cassettes.

This will give you just A8 carts at atarimania, the rarity ratings are better than anywhere else:

A8 Carts

When the guys at atarimania have "finished" archiving all the 8 bit stuff like fury, it should grow to be THE source for A8 carts :lust: