IGNORED

bB Tron release 2

jbs30000

I did hear about onther tool, but cabn't recall how far along it is or what the name of it is.

I think you're talking about the "crococart"

I forgot about that one, there was another one also.

"Multicart" or "Maxicart" or something (started with "M" but I can't remember for sure)-- but it's sold out too.

Michael

I did hear about onther tool, but cabn't recall how far along it is or what the name of it is.

I think you're talking about the "crococart"

I forgot about that one, there was another one also.

"Multicart" or "Maxicart" or something (started with "M" but I can't remember for sure)-- but it's sold out too.

Michael

no I think it was another one starting a "C" unless I'm think of another jag tool.

Thanks for all of the advice. The biggest thing I'm learning about this is that I shouldn't have started off with such a big project. Oh well, at least it's almost done.

Don't finish it up, just yet. I've got more music stuff for you coming soon!

Thanks,

Mike

Thank you, I really appreciate this. Eventually I'll start learning how to make music. Actually, I'll be able to study your code and learn from that.

Wow, with all this possible incompatibility I'll need to burn and try?

OR is there a dev upload cart available. Sorry for my ignorance

but the 2600 coding is a recent thing and I do not really know what

is available for developers. :)

steve,

to my knowledge there are 3 diffent 2600 tools you can use to test games

on the real thing:

1.Cuttle cart 1

2. Cuttle cart 2*only works with 7800*

3 Starpath supercharger

Cuttle cart 1 and the supercharger both work the same way by makinga wav file of your rom

and then you can load your game through the audio jack of the computer or cd player.

Cuttle cart 2 as noted only works with the 7800, plus the games can loaded to a MMC card which can be plugged into the CC2.

however chad schell has sold out of both versions,so your best bet is to go with a suprcharger,if you going to do bankswitching games or ones with more memory you will need to modifiy it.

Links to where I can find these items? :D

steve,

to my knowledge there are 3 diffent 2600 tools you can use to test games

on the real thing:

1.Cuttle cart 1

2. Cuttle cart 2*only works with 7800*

3 Starpath supercharger

Cuttle cart 1 and the supercharger both work the same way by makinga wav file of your rom

and then you can load your game through the audio jack of the computer or cd player.

Cuttle cart 2 as noted only works with the 7800, plus the games can loaded to a MMC card which can be plugged into the CC2.

however chad schell has sold out of both versions,so your best bet is to go with a suprcharger,if you going to do bankswitching games or ones with more memory you will need to modifiy it.

I did hear about onther tool, but can't recall how far along it is or what the name of it is.

Links to where I can find these items? :D

your best bet is Ebay for cuttle carts

you can try 4jays.com for the supercharger( or Ebay)

I don't know about crococart or maxi cart though.

Thank you, I really appreciate this. Eventually I'll start learning how to make music. Actually, I'll be able to study your code and learn from that.

Well, my code was a modification of the code listed here in this Atari music tutorial: http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/music/

Then I got some Tron music midi's: http://www.geocities.com/megalithmusic/tronmidi.html

And I opened them in a free sequencer that converts to musical score called Anvil Studio to find the notes and lengths: http://www.anvilstudio.com/

I got the frequencies and distortions for the notes I needed using WebTune2600: http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/music/tune2600.html

Then just plugged the values into the data statements!

Oh, as for the supercharger, people were telling you to get.... It only can handle 4-6K roms, ato the best of my knowledge, and the 6k use special bankswitching... not a great option for you, I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Mike

Supercharger from Starpath (sold out)

MagiCard from CommaVid (sold out)

Cuttle Cart from Chad Schell and Schell's Electronics (sold out)

Cuttle Cart 2 (for the Atari 7800) from Chad Schell and Schell's Electronics (sold out)

Krokodile Cartridge from Armin Vogl and AtariAge (sold out)

A26 USB MaxiCart from Videogame Wiz (sold out)

Atari 2600 MultiCart from KoenigUnhold (build-it-yourself)

Chimera from mos6507 (in development-- or in limbo?)

Any others? :ponder:

Michael

Edited by SeaGtGruff

Thanks for the list but it seems Im beat for a seat!!

None are available anymore!!! DOH!

I do have magic card, but how do you save with that?

I rather code on the PC and upload.

I also have two SuperChargers, that I never tried.

Guess there is no time like the present. Time to dig!

Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone.

The build-it-yourself MultiCart design from KoenigUnhold is a possibility for people who missed out on the Cuttle Carts (1 and 2) or the Krokodile Cartridge.

Michael

back in 1984 radio electronics had 3 part article on how to build an Atari game recorder(copies carts to tape and then plays them on tape) http://www.atariage.com/2600/faq/index.htm...ID=2600#gamerec

I did try to make one,but the places that had one of the parts was out of business.

anyways,if you going to use supercharger you will need the makwav program that will turn your rom to wav files which can be found at bob colberts website: http://members.cox.net/rcolbert/ or

if you happen to have either vesrion of stella gets a new brain cd it can be found there as well.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Minor update. Since I'm using 32K in my 3rd attempt at this program, I've been able to make a couple of improvements.

In the tank game, the tanks move slower, and the enemy tank(s) not only shoot at you if you're within range, but it/they will also chase you. However, they all share 1 missile, so if you're playing against 2 or 3 of them, only one of them can shoot at you at a time.

After trying various methods of fixing the scanline problem in the MPC Cone game, I had to switch to using sprites for the blocks. This has one problem though, it's a little too easy to win. Although I think making the blocks drop faster will help with that.

Also, since lord_mike contributed the music that is made when a coin is added, I decided that at the beginning of the game, and every time the main menu is showing, pressing select will be like adding a coin. You'll get an extra guy and the music will play. I also made a screen that will show at the very beginning of the game and every time you loose all your players. It's a privative (due to the low res graphics) replication of the arcade game screen that shows when there's no credits. It has a crude drawing of the MPC Cone with 1 C on the left, and P P on the right to mean 1 Credit Per Player. And on the bottom left is C and the bottom right 0 for Credits 0.

Here are the actual arcade graphics

Right now, when you lose all your lives, the game ends. I will add a screen where you have a chance to continue.

So anyway, test out the two games (They're all I've completed). To play the tank game, after starting the game and pressing Select at least once, move the joystick up. For the cone game, move the joystick right.

Tron3.bas.bin

Thanks everyone.

The build-it-yourself MultiCart design from KoenigUnhold is a possibility for people who missed out on the Cuttle Carts (1 and 2) or the Krokodile Cartridge.

Michael

CAn I use the super charger in the 7800 for 2600 development?

Thanks everyone.

Michael

it might not work in a 2600 because of the size of the cart.

I might have heard about somebody using it in a 7800 and it had problems.

Also, since lord_mike contributed the music that is made when a coin is added

Hang on there, Dan.. I've got more music comin'... I'm getting married in a couple of weeks, so I'm a bit distracted... :love: But, I'll get more music out to you as fast as I can...

Thanks,

mike

Uhm, thank you, and congradulations, but my name isn't Dan.

:? :?

Oh, Jbs, I'm sorry.... I scrolled up too high, and accidentally referenced the post above you instead... Please don't take offense... I didn't mean to dis' you in any way.... I'm REALLY REALLY friggin' tired with all this wedding stuff going on!

My bad... a typo form lack of sleep... I'd still like to do the music for you, if you are still interested.... I apologize again!

I knew that didn't seem right when I said it...

Thanks,

Mike

:? :?

Oh, Jbs, I'm sorry.... I scrolled up too high, and accidentally referenced the post above you instead... Please don't take offense... I didn't mean to dis' you in any way.... I'm REALLY REALLY friggin' tired with all this wedding stuff going on!

My bad... a typo form lack of sleep... I'd still like to do the music for you, if you are still interested.... I apologize again!

I knew that didn't seem right when I said it...

Thanks,

Mike

No problem, I wasn't upset, just confused. And yes, your muisc contributions are allways appreciated as they will help make the game seem a little more realistic, and a little more interesting. And I can wait a week or two until your honeymoon is over before getting more music :D

Thanks everyone.

Michael

I'll have to dig out the ol 2600 then...DOH!

(It's so burried!)

Thanks everyone.

Michael

I'll have to dig out the ol 2600 then...DOH!

(It's so burried!)

steve, this url might help you out:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/faq/index.htm...ID=2600#78incom

it basicly comes down what version 7800 you have

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 4 months later...