IGNORED

3 rare games, 1 lot on eBay

bjybjy

Up for bid on eBay in one lot are 3 really nice games... Mr. Do's Castle, Tooth Protectors, and Chuckwagon. .. This is NOT my auction :P so don't flame me for posting it. My question is would YOU guys bid on it? Reading the feedback it looks like he has some pretty shady past. Anybody know if this seller?

Let us know!!

Thanks,

Tad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I don't know the seller, but his feedback is not as bad as it looks...one neg. is because he charged a fee for using Paypal and the other two negs are from the same guy. He's never had a neg for not sending an item anyway, and the picture is obviously not a fake...so...hmm

Well, given that he only has 36 feedback, to have three negatives already is concerning. Especially since this seller appears to have used at least one previous ID that was suspended, according to one of the people leaving him feedback (and the seller doesn't dispute this charge). I would be careful.

..Al

I agree I find his past ID issues a concern, especially since you cannot get details on it.

My other issue would be that he sells primarily music CDs along with a few common games for other systems. Which is not normally the style of a collector or liquidator.

About half of his feedbacks are for buying other common games. Normally someone who has a collection significant enough to have all three of these games in it would not still be buying easy to get games. I will admit that the games he has been buying are primarily for NES & SNES and maybe he is just starting those collections or maybe he is selling it for someone else.

He may be fine but my first impression would be to not throw a lot of money in his direction. If it was for a smaller auction I might risk it or if the price doesn't get excessively high (which is another sign that others may know about him).

I would stay away from this clown, he blocked me from bidding on his auction even though I never dealt with the guy and have hundreds of positive feedbacks and no neutral or negatives.

He won't even reply to my question as to why he blocked me ??

Just my $0.02 :|

Well, let's review the situation.

1. His feedback is relatively low, but good, so I wouldn't be doubtful that he is genuine with his auction.

2. One of you complained he blocked you. In his description he mentions no sellers/dealers. I think this is ridiculous, but I guess it's his perogative. Personally I need 2 of these games and though I do sell and am a dealer, 2 of the 3 would hit my collection and not be parted with.

3. You can get his info real easy if you can bid. His name is Rick Skremr from Bethany, PA. I won't list his phone number though. So he looks legitimate to me and I am going to take a chance and bid on his items.

4. He actually has a "not registered user id" called symphonic_metal. I found this out by copying his email addresses in his "about me" page and doing a search on seller. Though this user id only has 4 feedback and has not been used in awhile.

So it all boils down to whether or not you want to risk bidding. If I don't win this and the winner is from here, please note that I need the Tooth Protectors and Mr. Do's Castle if you want to part with them.

Thanks.

Phil

hey, don't push my price so high ....

;)

i can understand that guy a bit. if i'm an international bidder i have to pay money for shipping a payment otherwise, so the paypal fees would still be less in general.

but with such high priced items, the fee is quite high. i'm trying to discuss that with him.

i think spend 2-3$ for paypal is not a big deal, but what's on top is more for his security to get a fast payment and i think he should take that over ....

i think online auctions are really twisted with all these extra features ....

first of all ebay is getting way too expensive if you want to use extra features ... and normally it's the buyer who pays a fee to the auction house after it was closed. and usually the costs of transmitting a payment were always the buyers problem, what paypal now flips to the seller.

i can live with all that, but i still wonder: why do i pay for something another person wants? why do i have to hunt the stuff or pick it up, scan it, list it and make a description, answer questions, package it .... and all this for free?

i understand that for a business (usually asking higher prices), but then again, people will accept handling fees from professional sellers, but not from private persons again.

at the end, diplomacy will find you the best way through that mess .... ;)

if you get into too deep discussions, it ends with neg. feedbacks from both ... :S

I did some digging through my email and discovered that this guy kept trying to sell me games without eBay but contacted me through eBay as "c64gamer", I guess he didn't like the fact that I prefer to deal through eBay and blocked me.

Still weird though...

Well, if I could sell games at a fair price to people bypassing ebay, I will do it too. I think ebay takes way too much money and doesn't provide enough service for what they are asking. I see other websites have better features such as Yahoo with their auto relisting feature.

Phil

I can't because he wouldn't let me bid on his auction but I bet one of the bidders (if not even more) are on this board and could probably do so.

BTW, I believe that rolandsratrace, c64gamer and gamelord are the same person.

Phil, I agree with you $500,- is way too much for that selection.

Phil, I agree with you $500,- is way too much for that selection.

Agreed! I don't like how easy it is to end auctions early without any repurcusions. When you do so, you have wasted the time of everyone who was interested in the auction, and reduced your credibility where I may not want to ever bid on one of your auctions again. Plus it reduces the integrity of eBay's entire system. Why bid on items when sellers can arbitrarily end auctions, without good reason?

..Al