IGNORED

Atari 400 800 Computer EPROM Programmer

revsdr

Never heard of that one. The CSS "Super E-Burner," was the most advanced of any that I ever heard about. I have a ByteWriter which does up to 27128's (OS eproms) without tricks. It even has pretty decent menu-driven software. There were a couple of others, including a DIY from Antic, IIRC.

Yes, an eprom burner is a very nice-to-have accessory.

-Larry

I've never heard of that one before... I have a Bitwriter, its a nice little programmer and its good for doing older eproms and 25xx series ones as well.

I like the one up on EBay from Sunmark, the software may take a bit of digging to find since that one isn't a very well known unit and also since its a 4 port PIA interface, you'll need an 800 or a 400 with some more memory.

Curt

what are they worth?

and are they worth having?

An interesting link with the theory behind eproms and programming them, as well as a homebuild project of a programmer (albeit for a PC), can be found at http://www.qsl.net/iz7ath/web/02_brew/17_e...h/pag01_eng.htm

There is a description of how to build a UV eprom eraser at http://www.qsl.net/iz7ath/web/02_brew/15_l...h/pag01_eng.htm

re-atari

Edited by re-atari

If you do, let me know, I'll buy a crate - those were great programmers...

Well if you a bit ambitious, good with a soldering iron and want to have some fun, go to Best (and maybe B&C too) and order an MPP Experimenters PBI kit. It has plans to build your own PBI eprom programmer.

Curt

I don't think that you will find a CSS "Super-E Burner" for $22 anywhere.

Well if you a bit ambitious, good with a soldering iron and want to have some fun, go to Best (and maybe B&C too) and order an MPP Experimenters PBI kit. It has plans to build your own PBI eprom programmer.

Curt

I have one of those - I haven't decided what to make with it yet. It would be cool to make that burner.

Stephen Anderson

Stephen,

If you want to have some fun, PM me... I was thinking of building a modified rs232 circuit with some buffers, and putting an RS422/485 onto it and building a simple Local Area Network.

We could conceivable redirect the D: and P: assignments and have the 8bits go to a single system with drives connected and printer and create a lowcost 8bit LAN system, could be fun! :-)

Curt

Curt

I have one of those - I haven't decided what to make with it yet. It would be cool to make that burner.

Stephen Anderson