IGNORED

New WIP educational game, with questions

atari2600land

I'm making a game involving the multisprite kernel, and it compiles OK, but there's this weird message when 2600IDE is finished:

When you assemble a program with DASM, DASM has to make multiple passes through the program as it's changing the assembly statements into machine code, until it's able to resolve all of the label references, etc. A lot of times, DASM starts out thinking that a certain label will correspond to some particular address, but by the time it makes its final pass through the program, that label ends up corresponding to a slightly different address. The message that you're getting is really just an "FYI" or "For Your Information" type of warning, to let you know that this sort of thing has occurred. That is, DASM initially thought that the label called "cycle74_HMCLR" would correspond to address $F07B. Looking at the DASM assembly listing for the program, I see that "cycle74_HMCLR" is actually found at address $F07A, or 1 byte earlier than originally expected. The new batari Basic v1.0 compile batch removes these types of messages from DASM's output, except for the first one. Otherwise, you'd be getting a lot more such messages. If your program works correctly, you can just ignore the message.

Michael

OK, I've got the game running on 8k with a second game added, but it's a bit buggy with the sound effects. I think the reason why is where I'm calling drawscreen. It's in the math game, starting with the label number_correct. I'd like to get the SFX in the math game the same as in the letters game (clean and no static). Please help! :?

educational8k.bas