IGNORED

Question on configuration of sio2pc with 2 disk drives

19Echo

Got a question.

Just bought the SIO2PC chip and have it hooked up to my 800xl and pc.

My other hardware specs are:

850 interface

1 indus GT drive

1 Percom drive

I guess the question i had was which is the best way to set it up?

I noticed that APE has all these drives to simulate, but do i use that as the main drive?

Would I make the indus GT drive 2 and Percom drive 3? or would it be better having the indus or percom drives as drive one and my pc as drive 3 etc...

And i am running the drives thru my 850 interface.

Thanks !

Gary

I'd say why bother with 2 real drives - once you've started to use APE and played with some downloaded stuff a bit, the first thing you should do is duplicate any important 5.25 disks you have, so that you can then put them and the drives into storage.

At worst, you'll still need a real drive for that odd bit of copy-protected software but virtually everything has been cracked and put onto ATR or file, so it's best to go for that and keep your originals safe.

thanks for the help guys. yeah that was actually my sole purpose of hooking up the drives because i have tons upon tons of floppies that i wanted to back up. But at the same time, it looks so cool just to have those drives on my desk ;)

oh...just saw this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-LOT-OF-PARTS-FOR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

what the heck happend there!!!!! :D

Edited by gfgarcia91

Explosion in an Atari factory?

If you're going to bid on it (or anyone else who's reading this), can I make a request?

I need the front bezel (the brown part) of the empty 1050 case in the picture, but I can't afford to buy/ship/store the whole lot. If whoever wins this auction doesn't want/need the front plate, can I buy it for a couple bucks plus shipping?

I've got an otherwise perfectly good 1050 that's missing the front bezel...

I just realized after looking at the the fact it was in Cleveland and then going AHA that's got to be Steve Tucker, and actually looking at the seller being Atarimax... That has to be the remnants of one too many Steve Tucker projects :) I'm betting he's snagged all the good stuff already :P