IGNORED

NTSC Rarity Guide - R10s

Dino

On the general issue of rarity though, I do not believe, based on Romhunter's definition of an R10 (i.e. <=3 copies) that there are many "released" "original" R10s. "Unreleased" and "Unoriginal" would include pirates/multicarts (e.g. Scala, Hotshot, Atrax), "homebrews" (such as Gamma Attack, Red Sea Crossing (which is probably fake anyway), Birthday Mania), copy carts (Xante, Romox) and unreleased games (e.g Playaround Demo cart). Taking these out, Romhunter's list would be as follows:

PAL Mystique/Playaround games

Condor Attack PAL Square case - I know of two that exist.

Flag Capture Atari (minor label variation)

Inca Gold PAL (pirate)

Karate V case

Magicard (blue)

Space Chase Monogrammed

Spectracube Invasion suntek (pirate?)

Sears Superman - I know of 3 that exist

Words Attack (proto?)

Zoo Fun Suntek (pirate)

Of the above list, I've left unbolded those that have only a matter of time before more than 3 are found, based on the frequency with which they are showing up.

That leaves 7 games, of which the Suntek games we are not sure whether they are pirates or originals and Words Attack, which may be an unreleased proto. there is also Space Chase Monnogrammed, which may or may not exist and Inca Gold which is arguably not an original release.

That leaves PAL Condor Attack and Karate as the only confirmed R10 original released titles.

[Note: Also missing is Homevision, but that list is currently a WIP]

Edited by Dino

I'm thinking PAL Inca Gold will turn out to be the original release. We'll know more once we see a screenshot. I'm hoping for that big beautiful Funvision logo on the screen.

Funvision did some original stuff. Their logo is inside the rom of HES Challege, but has been disabled.

Yes, I also think a few Funvision titles were true originals.

About the Suntek titles: I don't think one of them is a true original release.

I left some of them bolded, because their original Home Vision versions still haven't been found yet (or were never officially released at all).

As I said before: Suntek's Dragon Defender is shown on Home Vision's Repro Cart box, Suntek's Motocross contains the Home Vision logo, Suntek's Ski Run could be Home Vision's announced Skiing Game, and Suntek's Unknown Game 1 could very well be Home Vision's announced Treasure Discovery.

Removed the Atrax cart from the R10 list, because it's a proto.

About Condor Attack: I have reasons to believe that the original version could be a Funvision title, instead of an Ultravision title.

About Karate: traces of a Bit Corp logo were found inside.

post-6203-1210322223.gif

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yes, I also think a few Funvision titles were true originals.

About the Suntek titles: I don't think one of them is a true original release.

I left some of them bolded, because their original Home Vision versions still haven't been found yet (or were never officially released at all).

As I said before: Suntek's Dragon Defender is shown on Home Vision's Repro Cart box, Suntek's Motocross contains the Home Vision logo, Suntek's Ski Run could be Home Vision's announced Skiing Game, and Suntek's Unknown Game 1 could very well be Home Vision's announced Treasure Discovery.

Removed the Atrax cart from the R10 list, because it's a proto.

About Condor Attack: I have reasons to believe that the original version could be a Funvision title, instead of an Ultravision title.

About Karate: traces of a Bit Corp logo were found inside.

post-6203-1210322223.gif

8)

Ultravision documentation seems to suggest that their games are originals. If you see their advertisments, they act as though their games are originals. That of course is not the be all and end all, but it makes me question that you think their games are not original. It could be that programmers use code from other games or were contracted to bitcorp to release the same game under a different label and used the same code.

As for Suntek, its hard to believe that the pirates would release the game and not the originating company. It seems that Suntek and Homevision are the same company and released some games under the Homevision label and swapped to suntek for the release of other games

• 1 month later...
Don't think so, Dino.

Let's see which Home Vision titles will pop up in the future.

I'll leave the few bolded Suntek titles as the originals for now until I know more.

Same goes for the Ultravision games.

8)

Rom,

Which R10s (NTSC/PAL) do you consider are originals?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Trying a lot of searching, but I couldn't find an updated post on this topic.

Is there an "official" updated list?

Lots of developments like Red Sea Crossing, Gamma Attack, and Extra Terrestrials since this last post.

But unsure of known quantities, rankings, etc.

Edited by racketboy