IGNORED

Help with SCORE glitch (maybe)?

Glenn Jupp

Awesome. Here is the patch.

What other patches to 1.0 have you posted? Wasn't there at least one other?

Michael

Yes, there is one floating around somewhere (I think I posted it, or if not, I intended to but didn't :| )

I just realized that I forgot to account for cases where people might move the score graphics around. So if you downloaded the patch before I posted this, you should download the revised version I posted in its place.

Awesome. Here is the patch.

What other patches to 1.0 have you posted? Wasn't there at least one other?

Michael

Yes, there is one floating around somewhere (I think I posted it, or if not, I intended to but didn't :| )

I just realized that I forgot to account for cases where people might move the score graphics around. So if you downloaded the patch before I posted this, you should download the revised version I posted in its place.

You did post a patch to the multisprite kernel, and you referred to an issue with the standard kernel, but I don't think you posted a patch for it yet?

Michael

On second thought, maybe my analysis isn't that interesting. But it seems to be due to a problem with the ASR illegal opcode, so Michael was right in a way. AFAIK, ASR hasn't been used much, if at all, in 2600 programming, and bB 1.0 is the first time I've used it.

According to every document available, ASR should operate by ANDing the accumulator with an immediate value and shifting the result to the right. But that is not what was observed here. Instead, bit 1 of the accumulator seems to have been copied to the result. I.e., if the lower nybble of the accumulator was 2, 3, 6, or 7 then the bit 1 of the output was set.

I'm not sure exactly what's going on here, but unless this issue is resolved, I'd avoid ASR from now on, though it's probably not necessary to say this since the opcode is used so rarely.