IGNORED

Which of the current consoles do you own?

Rhindle The Red

Which of the current consoles do you own?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the current consoles do you own?

• Only a Nintendo Wii
    • Only a PlayStation 3
    • Only an Xbox 360
    • A Wii and a PS3
    • A Wii and an Xbox 360
    • A PS3 and an Xbox 360
    • All three
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

While I have none and there are no modern consoles on my wishlist, I did find the Wii, specifically its controllers and game play interesting enough to play it. Beyond that, the "original" Nintendo (Duck hunt for the 2600 anyone?) is the only system I've even played since some of the 70's-80's stuff: RCA Studio II, Coleco Telstar, etc.

Edited by BigO

I would like a Wii because of the classic NES, SNES, & Turbo Graphics 16 games you can download for it & play. I kind of think it's stupid though to get a new system to play classic games though. I already have a NES that works fine :0)...

post-12493-1176928136_thumb.jpg

The only one I've even played is the Xbox 360. It was a fun experience. I played a downloaded game that emulated vector graphics quite well.

I don't have plans for buying a new console yet, either. When I do, it will probably be a Wii or a 360. Nothing against Sony, but I'm just not interested in their new console. Aw, screw it. $299.

None, I'm thinking of renting a Wii for a while, just to see if I would like it (and if the controller is as gemmicky as it looks) But the one I'm most enterested in, is the 360.

As for handheld, owned all the current gen ones, and was dissappointed with them so...eh...I guess I'm to old to play even the 'few gens behind' games of yesteryear even on a handheld.

Just a Wii and I'm enjoying it immensely. I can't stop buying games for this thing. Definitely broke my vow of not paying $50 for a game ever again. I currently have no interest in the Xbox 360 or the PS3. Couldn't justify paying $600 for a system back when the Neo-Geo and 3DO were out and I still can't bring myself to shell out that kind of coin for a system...especially when said $600 can buy me 12 new Wii games :) :ponder:

Just got a Wii, and I've been having a great time with it for the last week, despite only having Wii Sports :)

I'll probably get a 360 later this year, mostly because of XLA and the homebrew possibilities on it.

I won't get a PS3 until the price drops down a lot, and it has at least a couple games I'm really interested in that can't be had elsewhere, which seems increasingly unlikely to ever happen. I'll probably get a PS2 this year though, as there's at least a few games on it that I'd like.

An Xbox360.

Bought it for my son (and me) at xmas.

Could've bought a Wii but after a demo in the store

it left me with a "so-what?" kind of feeling.

I'm relatively happy with the 360 (as is my son) and

there isn't a massive difference (if any) between the PS3

on the same games.

In fact I only just bought a PS2!!!!!

They were on sale for £49 and the games are starting to be sold off

pretty cheap too. So I thought "why not".

LONG LIVE THE ATARI JAGUAR!!! :)

Yeh the Jaguar will always be my most played and most current system. :) Played... tonight! :)

Most recent system bought was the Atari Flashback 2!

Now through trading and passing interest I have a GameCube/Gameboy Advance (last played about a year ago at a youth night for church... lent it out, got it back, might use it to make a video movie for YouTube soon...)

I have the a Nuon with five out of six games for it. :P (Geez what a joke... but got me my first DVD player, so I'm thankful for that. Wife wanted a DVD player, and I told her we would get one when the Nuon came out. And surprisingly, it actually happened and I had to pony up for a DVD player then.) :D

Picked up a Dreamcast (working with a kid at church to build up a good collection since that is his interest, and I in passing have wanted to see what all the hubbub was about with the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast doesn't have a Bubsy title so I probably won't stay there long.) :P

Ummm.. picking up a PS2 in a trade in about a month that has a lot of nice bells and whistles, so that should be fun to tinker with.

But honestly, if the Atari Jaguar ever found a way to connect a keyboard and somehow dial out with a term program or some internet program, I would probably not find the things the PS2/Dreamcast can do so interesting.

Ummm... recent recent systems... I agree, any system still getting games PROFESSIONALLY made for it by the parent company should be on the list. This poll should be revamped next time to show the other systems out there. I think you should also add the Gameboy Advance and DS, GameCube, PS2, X-Box, and just for gits and shiggles, the Atari Flashback 2 (which is still loosely supported by Atari). :) And anything else out there. Would be a fun poll.

Of the recent systems, Wii is the coolest and most likely I would buy. X-box 360... nice.. but no interest. And PS3... same thing. But I won't mind tinkering with all if I got them in some trade or cheap about ten years from now. :P

Edited by doctorclu

I've got a Wii on the waa...I mean way. ;)

I've never been interested in any of the consoles, except my trusted, tried and true Atari 2600. Playstation and Xbox aren't really offering anything new. They just keep churining out the same system with better graphics, more storage and more memory, IMO. I've got a PC for that.

When the Wii came out, that really caught my eye because it's a whole new way to play. The games are simple and a lot more fun to play. The Wii (as far as home gaming goes) is revolutionary. PS3 and Xbox 360 are just like their predecessors...same old same old...with a better graphics card and a much higher price tag. Just my $0.02

Could've bought a Wii but after a demo in the store

it left me with a "so-what?" kind of feeling.

I'm kinda glad I didn't play one in store before I owned one. Difficult to explain, but it's something you have to just have around the house and fire up just for a bit every day for a quick game or to see what's new. In that sense it's a truly wonderful thing. Kinda like Animal Crossing I suppose, great game but it just won't put it's quality across on a playpost.

• 2 weeks later...