IGNORED

AtariLab

WizWor

Anyone have these? I just ordered the starter kit and light module from B&C.

The starter kit comes with two temp probes. I was wondering if these could be monitored/graphed simultaneously. Looks like the light module has it's own cart, so I guess there are no light + temp experiments?

Anyone know if anyone ever attached anything else to the interface? Atari was supposed to have a crime lab -- a lie detector would be cool.

Oh well, off to find some other lost treasure that I will only upon discovery realize I can't live without!

Anyone have these? I just ordered the starter kit and light module from B&C.

The starter kit comes with two temp probes. I was wondering if these could be monitored/graphed simultaneously. Looks like the light module has it's own cart, so I guess there are no light + temp experiments?

Anyone know if anyone ever attached anything else to the interface? Atari was supposed to have a crime lab -- a lie detector would be cool.

Oh well, off to find some other lost treasure that I will only upon discovery realize I can't live without!

Wasn't there a lie detector kit you could build in an Antic magazine issue?

The manuals for the Atarilab (I have both kits) have small basic code examples you can type in for other experiments, or to get you started making your own programs, I've been playing with Atarilab for a while now and actually the possibilities are almost limit-less for hooking up all kinds of cool stuff. For example, the light module has the light sensor/reciever that one could use to set up an alarm system through the Atari. Like in a window or doorway where if someone or something crosses the emitter and receiver, it would set off the alarm. With all the different inputs all kinds of things could be done!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have these?

I do ;)

Just arrived today. Manufactured in 1984. Lots of stuff in the boxes -- not exactly what was listed in the auction, though. Each kit contains one sensor (auction lists two for each). The starter kit contains the interface, a temperature sensor, a thermometer, the rom cart, and a manual (143 pages). The manual is NICE. I hate to turn the pages. I'm going to have to locate a copy online that I can print out. The light module contains a light sensor, a light, a light stand, a light stick (glow stick), an analyzer wheel and polarizer, some filters, the rom cart, and a manual (106 pages). Again, a very nice manual -- clearly written, substantial. So far, I've only had a chance to take inventory and test the hardware. No surprise that everything works great.

Since these are readily available, I'll post a review -- if anyone is interested.