IGNORED

Which of the 'last gen" consoles do you own?

Rhindle The Red

Which of the 'last gen" consoles do you own?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 'last gen" consoles do you own?

• Only a Sega Dreamcast
    • Only a PlayStation 2
    • Only an Xbox
    • Only a GameCube
    • A DC and a PS2
    • A DC and an Xbox
    • A DC and a GCN
    • A PS2 and an Xbox
    • A PS2 and a GCN
    • An Xbox and a GCN
    • A DC, PS2 and Xbox
    • A DC, PS2 and GCN
    • A DC, Xbox and GCN
    • A PS2, Xbox and GCN
    • All four
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's a little too insane to collect every console and then collect games for it (unless you're super rich)

Men called me mad! But I'll prove them wrong!!!!!

I get just about every system there is eventually, and I'm far from rich. It's just that there are always exclusive games on each system that make that system eventually necessary.

Of the last gen, I have:

• Japanese Dreamcast bought two weeks before the US launch (it was over a year before I could play US games on it). Bought it for the still exclusive SoulCalibur and never regretted it. (Other key exclusives: Shenmue, Godzilla Generations).
  • Xbox bought because I got the green "Halo" model at a nice price. Only a few essential exclusives (Star Wars: KOTOR, for instance), but non-GCN titles usually were better on Xbox than PS2, so I need it for stuff like Godzilla: Save the Earth and Star Wars: Battlefront.
  • GameCube, bought not too long after launch because I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion so much. Key exclusives are just about everything Nintendo published, plus Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II and Resident Evil / 0

Now, I do not currently have a PS2, but I do have several titles from series I collect, such as Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing and Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. The PS2 also has Activision Anthology, so I'll get one eventually.

But not yet.

2 Gamecubes, US and Euro models (so more of a game cuboid), one of which (due to the Wii replacing it) now just sits on my desk looking cute.

A PS2 'lite' which basically only plays Namco stuff.

2 Dreamcasts though I must admit I don't use either any more.

1 lovely chipped Xbox (and the carcasses of two others) which gets used, in some capacity, nearly every day.

I honestly thought that I would never get an XBOX, but folded in 2002 when Jet Set Radio Future appeared (the fact that I didn't do much on my Cube except Rogue Leader helped). I think that will be the last generation during which I "get it all." I didn't spend as much time with the Cube or PS2 as I thought I would, though I enjoyed being able to play any game I would read about or see in a store.

I'm going to stick with "just" my 360 this time around -- at least until something comes along that I simply must have (seems unlikely now) or the prices drop ... or the friggin' Wii is available in a store to buy on impulse.

A DC, Xbox and GCN

i got the DC when they dropped to $50 new

i got the GC in a trade, i traded a CC1 for a boxed GC w/2 games + $100 + 5200 rollerball and 2 games

i got the xbox in 2004 for $100 with 7 games

and i wont ever own another playstation system

i have a total of 25 games for the GC and Xbox combined

and 85 games for the DC

I have all four.

In fact, I have two US and one Japanese Dreamcast(s). One of my US models (a launch unit that I bought new) is flaky, so I bought a used loose one for $10 on Ebay that's the one I actually use most. The Japanese one I bought before the system was cracked to play imports - I still use it sometimes, because I never got my US systems modded so I otherwise rely on the boot discs that often don't work. Funny thing is I bought a launch Japanese Dreamcast, sold it when the boot discs came out, then when I realized how unreliable the boot discs were, I went and bought another new Japanese Dreamcast. So I've owned like four total DC's at this point.

My GameCube is a Japanese launch system that's been switch-modded to play US and Japanese games.

My Xbox is a launch system - waited in line at the Times Square Toys R Us to buy it. That thing screams like a banshee and I hate to even run it because of how loud and whiny it is these days. (It's also one of the units with the bad power supplies - I have the replacement cord, but I know it's only a band-aid, so another reason I don't like to use this system.)

I have a Japanese and a US PlayStation 2. Both launch systems in their respective countries, and both work as well as they did the day they were new. The US system has been ridden hard too; I've gotten a lot of play out of it.

It all seems like a different era for me - all those launch systems from both the US and Japan, all that waiting in line, and now with the current gen I don't even own a single one of the new systems yet and we're like 1 1/2 years into this generation.

Still have my black DC. Great for EMUs :)

Awesome! Wasn't that a special edition one for EA or Sega sports? (it's darn cool looking though)

I personally voted for DC, X-Box, and GCN, cause that's what I currently got.

The DC, I got for $50 when they were kicking the last of those out the door on clearance. I loved Sonic Adventure, and Crazy Taxi for it, but most of the games, not so much. I used it the most as a web browser actually, untill I got a new computer in 03. Unlike most of the roseyeyed SEGA fans out there, when this console Launched, i looked back on the Genesis, 32X, CD, Saturn, and I saw that Sega would most likely dump this system a year or two out of the gate (people like to say how many systems, and how popular the Sega Genesis was, but seriously, it was around the same as the SNES, and what would those numbers have been, if the 32X and CD didn't require one to work? ) Pitty to, had Sega Stuck with the Dreamcast, I could have seen it lasting just as long as the other consoles.

The X-Box I got on launchday, with Halo, and Munches oddysey. I never regretted it for a second, I think the first four years I owned that, I played an average of 8 hours a day on it. This is the system I have the MOST games for, and it still gets a huge ammount of play. This is the only console of the last generation that I wore out. Guess it couldn't take Halo for 8 hours EVERY day for all those years. It still works, but not very well, need a new DVD for it. And Halo is the only game I wore out, I'm actually looking for a third copy of it, as the other two have issues (and nobody around here has resurfacing equipment :( ) I have the most games for this system, at about 60, and it's the only system that I bought most of the games new on.

GCN, I got this a few days after launch. The two games I picked up, are Luigi's Mansion, and Pickman which I actually liked. I actually sold my PS2 to a friend who wanted it in order to buy one (didn't have enough money after getting the X-box to get this too) I have the least games for this, 7, and as a GameCube, I enjoy it the least of all the consoles I own/ed of the last generation. The only reason I keep it, and still play it a bunch, is because of the AwEsOmE Gameboy Player, which will ensure this console stays in my collection for years to come (untill a new GBP comes out on a newer system, or Nintendo finely makes a standalone Gameboy Console, not handheld, either way, must be BC wiith original Gameboy)

And PS2, I got this about a month after launch. I got Smugglers Run, and Twisted Metal Black for it. I really LOVED Smugglers run, and got the sequel a year later. And Red Faction, for some reason I never got into this, untill after I played Halo for years (on account of originally I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go, yeah, I'm a dumbass) Anyhow, even though I have the second most games for this console, about 40 (still, most of which I got befor selling it the first time) I actually enjoyed it second least of all the last gen. Other than smuglers run which I seriously missed when I sold the console, I never regretted getting rid of it to buy a Cube (even though as a cube, I like the cube less) I actually had several of these go through my hands in the past few years, but I found myself only playing PSX games on it (which I have, so why bother) and occasionally playing Red Faction or Smugglers run, or playing a different console.

Anyhow, yeah, I got most of these (except the Dreamcast) on launch day, or within a month, and I always got 2 games to start with, useually what looked most interesting to me at the time, and useually, those are the two out of all the ones I got that I played the most. But now, I'm thining of getting a PS2 again, just cause it's cheap, and I have a lot of games (that I'll never play) for it, so it'll be even cheaper in the buy games department. I want to get some more for the Dreamcast, games that is, though their hard to find, as NOBODY carys them, and I'm not going to do the Ebay rout on such a fragile game. GameCube...I've probably pretty much bought all I will for it, though I may pick up some cheapies, I still never got Pickman 2 (I think there was a 2) Never got Mario Sunshine, though I played that one, and never got the REAL starfox game, where you actually fly the ships. So I'll keep an eye out for those, and anything else cheap. And X-box, I'll probably try to get at least 4 systems at some point, just so I can have my own personal lan parties, without people bringing a bunch of crap over.

Damn...that was long, longer than I intended, sorry about that. :P

I have all four. I have pretty much decided to now only continue to buy games for the GameCube though I already have just over a hundred games for the Dreamcast and nearly 80 for the XBox. I'm even thinking of selling off a good portion of my XBox library... I have 46 PS2 games, I think.

Edited by Rogmeister

Just a Dreamcast for me. Picked it up from one of the local thrift stores recently.

Once the A/V cable arrived from eBay I'll get to see what I've missed.

In the past I've owned a PS1, but it got to the point where I did not play it for 6 months then sold it.

Awesome! Wasn't that a special edition one for EA or Sega sports? (it's darn cool looking though)

I have a black "Sega Sports" DC too. Yes, it came with NFL 2K and NBA 2K. Both great games. It also came with a black controller that reads, "Sega Sports." :D

I have a black "Sega Sports" DC too. Yes, it came with NFL 2K and NBA 2K. Both great games. It also came with a black controller that reads, "Sega Sports." :D

AWESOME!! I'd like to get one of those some time. Just cause the Black is cool looking. Black controller too huh? I bet there aren't to many of those around at all...

I only have a Dreamcast. And 3 games. Two of which are sonic games. Yeah my life sucks.

Hey, Sonic was awesome on the Dreamcast. Could have been better, and my Revisit to it showed it just didn't hold up in the long run, but I played through the first game quiet a few times in early 2k. What's the other one BTW?

I sold my Cube when I got the Wii. :)

I'll never get rid of my GCN, only because of the awesomeness that is the Game Boy Player.

Ya it was a tough choice to make for that very reason, but I was able to convince myself that an EMU disk for the gameboy was just as good and just keep the carts for playing on the handheld gameboy.

XBOX and a GameCube for me. No plans to buy a PS2, although given its price, it's becoming increasingly tempting. However, most of my attention these days is on the Wii (and to a lesser extent, the DS), so I probably won't ever get one.

DC and GCN.

I have about 180 games for my DC plus most of the peripherals apart form the arcade stick, which I am on the lookout for. I love the emulation capability of the DC and the small footprint.

I bought my GCN only last year when they were being cleared out, it is the platinum model and I've since collected about 20 of the "must have" games for it. I currently have the Game Boy adaptor base on order for it so I can then enjoy Metal Slug Advance on the big screen.

And what seems contrary to most, I actually really like the GC controllers.

AWESOME!! I'd like to get one of those some time. Just cause the Black is cool looking. Black controller too huh? I bet there aren't to many of those around at all...

I only have a Dreamcast. And 3 games. Two of which are sonic games. Yeah my life sucks.

Hey, Sonic was awesome on the Dreamcast. Could have been better, and my Revisit to it showed it just didn't hold up in the long run, but I played through the first game quiet a few times in early 2k. What's the other one BTW?

Soul Caliber. Pretty good one.

Got all 4 myself, the most games being on the DC I guess, although that was because I was picking up a lot of games secondhand before ebgames junked their selection. Favorite of the 4 would likely be the PS2 since I'm more into RPGs and fighting games, which it had plenty.

Although several of the DC games kept me entertained for long hours in front of the tube. Hm. Wonder if I should hook up one of the DCs again. If only I had space... :ponder:

I have a Nintendo Game Cube. I had the Xbox, PS2, & the Sega Dreamcast. The way I see it; is if it's not classic; I don't keep it. I only have my Nintendo Game Cube because it plays all the Game Boy games with the GBA adapter. I have about 22 GBA games, 7 GB games & 1 GBC game. I had a whole bunch of GB games but I lost my GB & all my GB games when I moved. I just started collecting for it again. It's cool to have a Game Boy now when you compare it to the PSP; No comparison. I have two retro stores where I go to where I live. That's how I collect my classic game collection. I use to order stuff on line :0)...

post-12493-1177799866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atari~e

I have all 4

GC because of the GBA adapter and the kid friendly games (I have a 7 year old)

PS2 because of Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts I & II

DC because ... well it is so easy to do stuff to

X-Box because my little brother bought me one for modding his