IGNORED

Which of the 'last gen" consoles do you own?

Rhindle The Red

Which of the 'last gen" consoles do you own?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 'last gen" consoles do you own?

• Only a Sega Dreamcast
    • Only a PlayStation 2
    • Only an Xbox
    • Only a GameCube
    • A DC and a PS2
    • A DC and an Xbox
    • A DC and a GCN
    • A PS2 and an Xbox
    • A PS2 and a GCN
    • An Xbox and a GCN
    • A DC, PS2 and Xbox
    • A DC, PS2 and GCN
    • A DC, Xbox and GCN
    • A PS2, Xbox and GCN
    • All four
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It is neat to see how many Dreamcast/GameCube combos there are. Wonder why that is?

Well, picked up a GameCube for the GameBoy adaptor (awesome!) and then about four games I've liked so far. :)

Picked up a Dreamcast in the last two months, and hope to get a bunch of game images burned to fully try out that system.

And the PS2 I'll pick up later this month I'm hoping. Nothing really interested me in PS2 prior to Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero coming out. In those cases I think is definately the fun of an Atari 2600.

Ok, actually, once I bought a GameCube I wished I bought a PS2 instead, but it was too late. :D

None! My brother had an NES and it was all I could to get used to a control pad and 2 buttons. After that, the controllers just got so full of buttons and controls, that I didn't even bother. Besides handheld systems, like Game Boy, the only console I've ever owned was the good ol' Atari 2600.

Now, when the Wii becomes easier to get a hold of in the stores...that's another story. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have a PS2 yet, though I've seen them twice in thrift stores... in other people's hands! ;) Probably busted anyway...

My friend got me a Dreamcast for Christmas when they came down to $50. At that point I was just getting video games from thrift stores, so the newest system in my collection was Super Nintendo (I was still playing tons of Atari, and for more advanced gaming I was playing Amiga). I'd seen DC in action, and was especially impressed with all the homebrew and emulation projects. This freidn of mine was so impressed with what I told him that he bought them for us both!

I love Dreamcast because of all the quirky games for it; Seaman, Super Magnetic Neo, Ooga Booga, Samba De Amigo... Then there are the great games that I still play and marvel at like Crazy Taxi and Jet Grind Radio. I must have more than a dozen DC consoles around from when EB games was blowing them out for $10. I've got a couple in different colored shells, as well as (my fave) a Dreamcast kiosk from the store.

I've got a Game Cube for many of the same reasons - the kooky games! I did some work for Nintendo and I got to keep a platinum GC. I was just playing Pikmin tonight (I swear I'll never get it finished). I'll also keep it forever because of the Game Boy Player - I got a Japanese import one that's platinum to match the main unit. It's very slick looking, though I have to use a bootdisc to get it to work.

I've also got a Halo edition X-box just so I can chip it to use as a media center. I'm not terribly interested in too many of the games (haven't played those Burger King games yet...), but have about a dozen or so for when I finally put the thign back togther again. :)

I've just gotten a video projector, so many of these systems are seeing new life again. Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast is really intense when the picture is 8 feet wide!

I own a PS2 and recently acquired a Sega Dreamcast with 7 games for £15 from a local charity shop. I am investing a lot of time and effort gathering up Dreamcast titles off Ebay for as little as £0.01 each + £1.00 postage ;)

PS2, so I can play PSone games.

I <3 MegaMan Legends 2.

But modern games get their fair shake too - I just bought both Capcom collections. ;)

Gamecube so I can play Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.

And one day, I promise, Twilight Princess and the Uncanny Valley of Doom.

I'd kill for a gameboy player, but only in the metaphorical sense.

Ditto Dreamcast and Soul Calibur.

• 3 weeks later...