IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Completed

Albert

When reading a forum I tried to hit options to mark everything as read. Nothing happens.

I've cleared my cache and atariage cookies. Before I did that, other new options like My Friends did not work, and they are working now.

Edit - working now. I visited some other sites checking RAM pricing, when I came back here everything was working.

Edited by SpiceWare

One more item for your bug stomping list, private message notifications (e-mail) are missing the Date: header.

Steve

Thanks, I'll hunt that down and fix it. It's ridiculous that the forum doesn't send properly formed emails. I remember griping about this long ago on Invision's site but they pretty much just blew it off.. :roll:

..Al

Thanks, I'll hunt that down and fix it. It's ridiculous that the forum doesn't send properly formed emails. I remember griping about this long ago on Invision's site but they pretty much just blew it off..

Ridiculous indeed. :roll:

I appreciate all the extra effort you put into the forums. :thumbsup:

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Flame me for having a crappy setup...

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!

...but I'm having compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 6.0.2600: I can use "quick reply" but "add a reply" doesn't work and I can't send PM's either. It seems MSHTML.DLL doesn't like the editor and it crashes Internet Explorer.

Did you try disabling the rich text editor?

Flame me for having a crappy setup but I'm having compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 6.0.2600: I can use "quick reply" but "add a reply" doesn't work and I can't send PM's either. It seems MSHTML.DLL doesn't like the editor and it crashes Internet Explorer.

Did you try clearing your browser's cache as well as erasing your cookies? There's a link on the main forum page to erase all the forum-related cookies:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php

(scroll down to the lower-right corner and look for "Delete cookies set by this board".)

Please let me know if this makes a difference.

Thanks,

..Al

That's happened to me too, Mayhem. I use ie 6,0.

About Atariage blog problems, I see in blogs and show screenshots at the bottom of the blog.

Can you give me a screenshot of what you're seeing, as well as a specific link to a page in the Blogs so I can try to reproduce it?

Thanks,

..Al

I noticed that the new version of the software handles image attachment differently than the old version. See for example http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=104409&hl=

(although i must admit that my method of using attachments/images in posts might not be how the authors intended it :roll: )

Hmm, that's strange, I don't know why it put the attachments for those posts at the bottom of each message. I have made several posts since the upgrade and embedded images in posts like you did and they show up in the proper place. I'll investigate that and see what I can do to fix it.

..Al

Hmm, that's strange, I don't know why it put the attachments for those posts at the bottom of each message. I have made several posts since the upgrade and embedded images in posts like you did and they show up in the proper place. I'll investigate that and see what I can do to fix it.

When you use embedded images are they attached to the post or to the thread? What i did was attaching pictures to post 1 but use them in post 2 (or actually: first use them in post 1 and later use them in post 2). This did work with the old version, but seems to be broken (repaired?) in the new version.

When you use embedded images are they attached to the post or to the thread? What i did was attaching pictures to post 1 but use them in post 2 (or actually: first use them in post 1 and later use them in post 2). This did work with the old version, but seems to be broken (repaired?) in the new version.

That should work, as I've seen attached images work properly in other posts, such as when people quote messages where someone included an in-line attachment (in messages posted after the forum upgrade). It does look like they changed the attachment bbcode tag, though, which could have something to do with it. I'll have time to investigate this issue over the weekend, along with several other issues that have come up since the upgrade.

..Al