Which Atari systems do you own?

Rhindle The Red

Which Atari systems do you own?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Which Atari systems do you own?

• Atari 2600 / 2600jr
    • Atari 8-Bit Computer (400/800/XL/XE)
    • Atari 5200
    • Atari 16 or 32-Bit Computer (ST/Falcon)
    • Atari 7800
    • Atari Lynx (I or II)
    • Atari PC Compatible (Portfolio, desktops)
    • Atari Jaguar / JagCD

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I noticed that the percentages are off and misleading. It really should be for instance with the Atari 2600 16/18 for a total of 88.8%.

I agree. It looks like the percentages are being calculated from the total number of responses. They should be calculated based on the total # of people replying, i.e. 50 out of 55 people have a 2600 for 91%.

Never picked up a 5200 and just traded my Jag but other than that I got to check them all :)

2600 - 1 Heavy Sixer, 1 Darth Vader, 1 woodgrain 4 switch

7800 - Just 1

Lynx - 3 model 1s, 3 model 2s

8bit - 1 400, 3 800s, 1 XEGS + 3 floppy drives, 2 tape decks, 1 modem, and other accessories

16bit - 1 MegaST 2, 3 520STFMs (1 w/ upgraded roms), 2 1040STs + 2 color monitors, 1 monochrome, 1 time card, 2 floppy drives, 1 hard drive

Compatable - 1 Portfolio (still looking for serial interface)

Used to have two STs, but I sold them last year. I've had a 2600 forever, and a 7800 shortly after it came out. I remember being in Kay Bee deciding between the NES and the 7800. I went with the NES but ended up getting a 7800 a few months later. I finally got a working 5200 last December and an XE shortly thereafter. Never had a Lynx or Jag.

I noticed that the percentages are off and misleading. It really should be for instance with the Atari 2600 16/18 for a total of 88.8%.

I agree. It looks like the percentages are being calculated from the total number of responses. They should be calculated based on the total # of people replying, i.e. 50 out of 55 people have a 2600 for 91%.

A valid point.

Unfortunately, that's just the way the software works, so there's buggerall I can do about it.

Own a 2600, 7800, Jaguar with CD and still possess my original 800 XL computer. Always wanted a Lynx but never got round to getting one and never played a 5200 although one day I hope to rectify that deficit ;)

My Atari 2600 doesn't work, but it's because the jack for the power cord is on the fritz. Before I'd have to carefully adjust it to make it work, and at one time putting a nail in helped keep it in place. Now it just doesn't work. Maybe I can fix it, maybe not.

At least I have my Atari 7800.

My Atari 2600 doesn't work, but it's because the jack for the power cord is on the fritz. Before I'd have to carefully adjust it to make it work, and at one time putting a nail in helped keep it in place. Now it just doesn't work. Maybe I can fix it, maybe not.

At least I have my Atari 7800.

Your board for the 2600 is most likely fine, just take the screws from the bottom and and remove the board....turn it over and look on the bottom under the power jack....most likely loose joints. Use a soldering iron to reinforce these joints and will be up and running again. Happens once in a while with the 2600's. I've repaired enough of them before. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Own now

2 DEAD 1050's

Several XE's (65 and 130)

1 OS and Ram U/G'd 800xl

1 'sort of working' A800 (white noise and wrong default/start up colours)

1 'sort of working' Atari lynx (some buttons don't work)

Used to own

1 o/s and ram u/g'd 520ste

1 ea. Single and D/S'd STFM

1 Jaggie (and 10 games)

1 ea. Lynx1 and 2

(Sorry people never really got into the whole 26/52 or 7800 thing)