IGNORED

Purr Pals: Any Thoughts?

I'm thinking of getting a recent game for the DS called Purr Pals. As it's title suggests, it's a cat game...basically, a feline version of Nintendogs from what I understand. Unlike Nintendogs, there'll be just one edition of this game with 40 breeds to choose from. I'm thinking of getting it but would like to hear some thoughts first from people who have already played it. I only found one review so far at an online site (from the UK) and I think they gave it a 77 on a scale of 1-100. I know there was another game called Catz but I don't think that one got very good reviews overall. Of course, I could be mistaken about that.

It's so-so. Only had a quick go, but nothing (whatever your animal preference) compares to Nintendogs. The blend of perfect interaction and AI really makes it stand alone. I suppose they could eventually do a cat version but it wouldn't be much fun. Cats don't tend to play much, well not as much as dogs at any rate.

If you want a perfect cat simulator, just make sure to leave your DS turned off for 20 hours a day. The other 4 hours, preferably while trying to sleep, put it somewhere annoying. It's cheap, and accurate. :)

If you want a perfect cat simulator, just make sure to leave your DS turned off for 20 hours a day. The other 4 hours, preferably while trying to sleep, put it somewhere annoying. It's cheap, and accurate. :)

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

This is SOOOO true! I have a cat, and she drives me nuts! She sleeps all day and then wants attention at night.

my room mate bought this game like a month ago and she got bored with it after about an hour. but she sold it to an 11 year old and the kid really likes it.

i played it for about 1/2 hour and it was.. okay. the game is like nintendogs without the talking and with minigames. if you like these games then go for it.