IGNORED

"E.T. Return to Earth" Prototype

Atari Charles

No this isnt a cheap hack of Space Invaders. Tis not a Shakespearean play. This proto has already been mentioned in the E.T. Book Cart. And no I am not selling it not am I seeing any profit from it whatsoever. I figured the label designer would have posted a pic of the full labels by now. If he hasn't by tommorrow, I'll post both versions tommorrow morning and let the public decide which label to go with.

The suspense is building and all will be revealed.

Edited by Atari Charles

No this isnt a cheap hack of Space Invaders. Tis not a Shakespearean play. This proto has already been mentioned in the E.T. Book Cart. And no I am not selling it not am I seeing any profit from it whatsoever. I figured the label designer would have posted a pic of the full labels by now. If he hasn't by tommorrow, I'll post both versions tommorrow morning and let the public decide which label to go with.

We want to see the original cart, screw the actual game.

We want to see the original cart, screw the actual game.

Come on R, you said it, I said it, Marco said it, It's a bunch of Propaganshyte©. I mean who says shit like this then posts a space invaders sprite? :lol:

No pics of the proto, a 1/4 of a pic of a label he didn't make and a Space Invaders sprite? THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!! :ponder:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Atari Charles Posted Today, 8:21 AM

Dude, the only thing thats building is boredom! :yawn:

I ain't gonna believe this until i saw a pic of the original cart or you upload the ROM here.

Edited by Impaler_26

1. This cart was mentioned in the E.T. Book Cart released by Atari Age: http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...products_id=847

2. The rom will not be posted but will be burned to cartridges.

3. This will be a free release aside from what the carts will sell for(about $20 to $25)

4. I am making ZERO ZILTCH 0% on this.

5. Cpuwiz's opinion, although educated is not full thought through.

6. A few people here whom I have spoken with about this project and know the full details are sworn to secrecy, but again all will be revealed. I want to do this in stages.

Edited by Atari Charles

1. This cart was mentioned in the E.T. Book Cart released by Atari Age: http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...products_id=847

3. This will be a free release aside from what the carts will sell for(about $20 to $25)

4. I am making ZERO ZILTCH 0% on this.

5. Cpuwiz's opinion, although educated is not full thought through.

6. A few people here whom I have spoken with about this project and know the full details are sworn to secrecy, but again all will be revealed. I want to do this in stages.

Give it up man, the more BS like this you post, the more people will drop out from buying one and you won't get your 0% profit. LOL

Just be a man and admit that you are embarrassed about buying a pirate cart, instead of a prototype. :P

AC, just name some creditable AA members involved into the "project".

THEN people will start to believe you. But I bet you can't.:(

Project???

This cart has been dumped. As there is no label on the prototype, two labels have been made. So this isn't really a project like a bunch of people working on DOOM, although the label is of course made nowadays. There are people whom I have spoken with about this proto in great detail, before I mentioned it on these boards.

READ THE E.T. BOOK CART!!! if you want to know more right away.

Project???

This cart has been dumped. As there is no label on the prototype, two labels have been made. So this isn't really a project like a bunch of people working on DOOM, although the label is of course made nowadays. There are people whom I have spoken with about this proto in great detail, before I mentioned it on these boards.

Atari Charles I have always defended you in the past but this seems a little too contrite. To read about this game we have to buy your ET Book cart and that smacks of blantant advertising. I can understand the delay on Turbo and Good luck Charlie Brown but no one but you has seen this thing and you wont even post a pic of the cart or a proper screen shot. I am beginning to agree with the others on this that your deliberate teasing and lack of information is putting us off. Either put up or shut up ;)

Oh yes it will trust me on that. I'll dump it and post it myself and there isn't shit you can do about it. I just can't wait to run this thing agenst clone spy.

And why the heck no post pics of the proto board? Per chance is it not a proto and just a pirate cart like CPU stated?

And once agian, this will be dumped, by me, and posted for all to have for free.

Project???

Atari Charles I have always defended you in the past but this seems a little too contrite. To read about this game we have to buy your ET Book cart and that smacks of blantant advertising. I can understand the delay on Turbo and Good luck Charlie Brown but no one but you has seen this thing and you wont even post a pic of the cart or a proper screen shot. I am beginning to agree with the others on this that your deliberate teasing and lack of information is putting us off. Either put up or shut up ;)

No one has to buy anything. Yes there is more info in the E.T. Book Cart but it is not neccessay to buy it to know about this proto. I was referring to the E.T. book Cart to show that it was written about long before I created this thread.

I am releasing screenshots and pics in time. I didn't mean to put anyone off, so sorry to anyone who was put off by the delay. Anyways above are the two labels. One will be chosen.

Edited by Atari Charles

Oh yes it will trust me on that. I'll dump it and post it myself and there isn't shit you can do about it. I just can't wait to run this thing agenst clone spy.

And why the heck no post pics of the proto board? Per chance is it not a proto and just a pirate cart like CPU stated?

And once agian, this will be dumped, by me, and posted for all to have for free.

This is your choice and I won't stop you. But you'll have to get a cart first. :D

You know I cant understand for the life of me whyyou wont just show us one lousy screen shot. Have you shown Tempest this Taiwan prototype? Has anyone ever seen a Taiwan prototype? Also how are we suppossed to learn more about this damn game if we dont buy your cart? The rom isn't available so we have to buy it! Charles restore some of the faith I once placed in you and show us a screenshot ;)

Well you see fox, anyone with a brain in their head would automatically run to DreamTR or Tempest or both if they had a proto to validate in any way and I dont' think Chucky has done anything with either of them soo......

Shawn old friend as much as it pains to admit it I hate to say I agree with you on this one ;)

I am getting everything ready to post so hopefully I can do one posting with all the info. This is as far as I can tell a sequel but a sequel done by a pirate company without Stephen Spielburgs or Atari's permission. There is the cart "E.T. Go Home" which features E.T. and is kind of a sequel but more of a spinoff. I believe this game E.T.: Return to Earth in an unauthorized, unendorsed, pirate sequel.

Please be patient. The wait will be worth it.

This should say enough for everyone right here. This is a pirate cart. Wether or not it is a proto doesn't really matter in my eyes. It is a pirate first and foremost. Done without proper consent. Pirate. And how many pirate games are originals? None? That is what makes it a pirate, right? All signs point to this being a pirate hack cart, which in my eyes means you can use this formula....

(amount of money you paid the frenchman) - $2.50 = Amount you overpaid

Sorry for your loss.

Shawn, you will actually have to get an E.T. Return to Earth cart to be able to dump it. Secondly, should you decide to dump the E.T. Book Cart and post it on the internet which is against Michael's, my, and Atari Age's wishes, then I'll have to start work on that Shawn Sr. Shirley Swap Shop Boxing Game. ;) :D Shawn are you that cheap that you can't spare $30 from your Big Bear fund?

Of course, Return to Earth this is an unreleased pirate cart. This isn't some authorized sequel by Atari, HSW, and Steven Spielberg. This has been made clear in the E.T. Book Cart and in this thread. This originates from Taiwan, got into the collection of a guy in France, whom I purchased it from. I made the choice to buy it just like Tempest made the choice to buy that Meltdown Cart. I am a big fan of E.T., so it really doesn't matter to me if this is an authorized release or made in some sweatshop in Taiwan.

This cart will be released for a very low price. If Shawn wants to buy that cart and dump it, then I can't stop him. Personally, I'd like it if people played this on an Atari 2600 instead of emulation. The cart will be cheap enough, so why go through the trouble to make a pirate copy of an already inexpensive cart?

Edited by Atari Charles

n. The cart will be cheap enough, so why go through the trouble to make a pirate copy of an already inexpensive cart?

Sorry, but that's kind of funny, trying to talk people out of pirating it when it's a pirate game already.

You talk like you bought the IP rights to the game. You just bought a rare cart (if this isn't just a big joke), not the rights to the code inside. It's not your right to decide how the code gets distributed, even if it is a bootleg hack job. It's the right of the creators of the game and you're violating their rights by dumping it, even worse selling it at any price, when it comes right down to it.

Not that I really care one little bit what goes on with it. :) Just sayin' y'know?

Edited by djpubba