IGNORED

"E.T. Return to Earth" Prototype

Atari Charles

Whatever it is you are trying to achieve here you are most certainly going the wrong way about it in my view. This certainly is doing you no favours on the sales of your book cart, I personally was considering a purchase, this thread has actually put me off! Why you seem unable to supply a screen shot and/or a picture of the physical cart itself i cannot understand. This is clearly not a time issue, as you found it to post labels that are completley irellevant. Show us a screenshot/yootube movie, show us a pic of the real item. Tell us how cheap the cart will be and stop pissing about. you are really bugging the best market you have for your products, you didn't work for Atari circa 1984 by any chance?

Shawn, you will actually have to get an E.T. Return to Earth cart to be able to dump it. Secondly, should you decide to dump the E.T. Book Cart and post it on the internet which is against Michael's, my, and Atari Age's wishes, then I'll have to start work on that Shawn Sr. Shirley Swap Shop Boxing Game. ;) :D Shawn are you that cheap that you can't spare $30 from your Big Bear fund?

Umm, I don't think you have the blessings for the ET anything let alone the name or rights to make\shape\sell\poop in a pot with a "game" or a "book" and sell it, so ya, I'll do what I want and no it won't cost me a damn thing. And no, nobody can say or do shit about it cause it's actually the better of two evils to be giving something away for free that someone else owns the rights to VS selling it for a profit.

The book cart is the only part I might stay away from cause for some unknown reason a pair of really nice good people (Al & Micheal) are involved. They are decent folks so I would not piss in their boots as much as I would love to take a shit in yours.

Even though this is clearly unlicensed, it could still be a totally original game. I hope to God it´s not just a hack, and for what it´s worth I´m willing to give AC the benefit of the doubt here.

Edited by Palmer Eldritch

I'm also willing to listen to what Atari Charles has to say. He hasn't really said anything about the game, and that seems to be why everyone is so upset. If it is an original game and not just a hack, I'd buy a copy. I never did enjoy playing Atari games on an emulator, only on my good old Six-Switch, and $20.00 isn't that expensive. Now I wouldn't pay $92.00 for a copy...

Anyway Charles, I hope you post something soon. It looks like an angry mob might be breaking down your door soon. ;)

Shawn, you will actually have to get an E.T. Return to Earth cart to be able to dump it. Secondly, should you decide to dump the E.T. Book Cart and post it on the internet which is against Michael's, my, and Atari Age's wishes, then I'll have to start work on that Shawn Sr. Shirley Swap Shop Boxing Game. ;) :D Shawn are you that cheap that you can't spare $30 from your Big Bear fund?

Umm, I don't think you have the blessings for the ET anything let alone the name or rights to make\shape\sell\poop in a pot with a "game" or a "book" and sell it, so ya, I'll do what I want and no it won't cost me a damn thing. And no, nobody can say or do shit about it cause it's actually the better of two evils to be giving something away for free that someone else owns the rights to VS selling it for a profit.

The book cart is the only part I might stay away from cause for some unknown reason a pair of really nice good people (Al & Micheal) are involved. They are decent folks so I would not piss in their boots as much as I would love to take a shit in yours.

And of course all of you endevours have been with the full co-operation of the creators of said games :roll: . Shawn, that is really like the kettle calling the pot black.

These pair of really nice people including another really nice person who wrote part of the book have something called imagnation and vision, and realized what a cool endevour the E.T. Book Cart would be. Even HSW and Jerome Domurat liked the E.T. Book Cart. So by you dumping it makes you look like a real jerk.

Whatever it is you are trying to achieve here you are most certainly going the wrong way about it in my view. This certainly is doing you no favours on the sales of your book cart, I personally was considering a purchase, this thread has actually put me off! Why you seem unable to supply a screen shot and/or a picture of the physical cart itself i cannot understand. This is clearly not a time issue, as you found it to post labels that are completley irellevant. Show us a screenshot/yootube movie, show us a pic of the real item. Tell us how cheap the cart will be and stop pissing about. you are really bugging the best market you have for your products, you didn't work for Atari circa 1984 by any chance?

I am sorry it has put you off from the purchase of the book cart. This is not a commercial in anyway for the book cart, but I am just stating there is more info about this E.T. Return to Earth in the E.T. Book Cart, and for those who are really interested in knowing as much as they can about the RTE cart, then this is a place to look. I admit there wouldn't be half the questions and half the speculation had people read the Book Cart and read what I wrote here. Pics are coming. I am not sure about a youtube video at this point but there could be. As I am not taking any money from this cart whatsoever, the cost with be dependant upon materials to build it plus the minimal amount the manufacturer/distributor wants for his time maiing the carts. If it can be sold for $13 then $13 it will be. I am guessing it will be more around $20. As I am a big fan of E.T., this is somethig I want to see get out there.

Edited by Atari Charles

I'm also willing to listen to what Atari Charles has to say. He hasn't really said anything about the game, and that seems to be why everyone is so upset. If it is an original game and not just a hack, I'd buy a copy. I never did enjoy playing Atari games on an emulator, only on my good old Six-Switch, and $20.00 isn't that expensive. Now I wouldn't pay $92.00 for a copy...

Anyway Charles, I hope you post something soon. It looks like an angry mob might be breaking down your door soon. ;)

Thank you! I should say more to clear up the confusion. I'll have to do this. Yes, $20 isn't expensive at all. I agree, a game is much more fun and will have more playing time if played on an actual Atari 2600.

Even though this is clearly unlicensed, it could still be a totally original game. I hope to God it´s not just a hack, and for what it´s worth I´m willing to give AC the benefit of the doubt here.

True, because it is a pirate unreleased sequel to E.T.. I'll write more specifics for those who haven't read the E.T. Book Cart to clear up some misconceptions of what this proto is and isn't.

Charles at the risk of sounding like a cracked record why the Hell haven't you at least shown a pic of the cart? I am very curious as to what the cart now looks like? Also why the damn mystery as to a screenshot? I dont have your ET book cart and with two kids I doubt that I can make the excuse to spend money getting it just to learn a little bit more about this damn game you claim to have found. If this is genuine then get Tempest in on the debate for he has to reason to lie and I respect his view as a gaming historian. If he says this is the genuine thing then I will wait patiently but the way you are handling this is like some crooked cars salesman attempting to sell me a clapped out Nissan Micra by claiming it is really a prototype Porsche 911. Just show us a screenshot and we will get off your back ;)

And of course all of you endevours have been with the full co-operation of the creators of said games :roll: . Shawn, that is really like the kettle calling the pot black.

These pair of really nice people including another really nice person who wrote part of the book have something called imagnation and vision, and realized what a cool endevour the E.T. Book Cart would be. Even HSW and Jerome Domurat liked the E.T. Book Cart. So by you dumping it makes you look like a real jerk.

Pot calling the Kettle black? I dont' think so. I don't lie my ass off about anything anf everything like you do and try to take credit for works you have little involvment in, Nor do I or would I ever fleace the community at $100 bucks a crack for shit games. A real jerk eh? I don't think so you stupid asshole.

True, because it is a pirate unreleased sequel to E.T.. I'll write more specifics for those who haven't read the E.T. Book Cart to clear up some misconceptions of what this proto is and isn't.

Your such a fuckin' moron. :roll: I bet it's not even a proto.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

How about we not do the calling names thing right now?

I´d love to see some screenshots or pictures of the actual carts myself also, but let´s not go to DefCon 1 already, eh?

If this thing that AC has in his possession is an unlicensed "homage" to E.T. that was never put into production (which I doubt it was, since noone´s ever see a copy), technically speaking it *could* be classified as a prototype.

Whether it´s a prototype or not isn´t really that interesting to me right now though. I´d just like to see what AC found.

I dunno about the rest of these fine folk, but I'm not willing to dole out $25+ dollars on a informational E.T. cartridge just to get information about this game you claim to have, which is probably all Bull shite.

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

Personally I don´t think the E.T. Book cart sheds a whole lot of light on the subject, to be honest. Just a short back story on how the RTE cart was discovered.

Charles wrote this himself I´m sure, so if you don´t believe him right now, I don´t see how reading that particular snippet is going to change your mind about anything.

I never really thought to communicate with Tempest about this. It probably would be a good idea to show him.

A used car salesman does what he does to make a profit. I am making ZERO on this. I just want the proto-pirate cart released.

I'm not taking credit for E.T.: Return to Earth. I am just getting it released in cart format, that is all.

Shawn Sr., you are my biggest bestest hero and most brilliant mind in the 20th and 21st century. I am just a shadow in your vast ray of light that equals that of the sun. You are the cement that holds Atari Age in place; you are the light in the prodcution floor of Atari; you are the eprom that holds man's vast library of knowledge; you are the prophet of dumped cartridges; you are the gold in Hercules ring; you are the modern day Einstein in a retrograded hobby; you are life itself beating in the heart of every human from the dawn of civilization to the end of time. :roll:

Now onto the non-bullshit:

SPECTRE

--E.T.: Return to Earth

-programed and completed by American Programmer

working for small company in Taipei, Taiwan

-Title screen reads: SAVE ELLIOT

-Only known prototype located in private collection in Paris, France

-Game terrain is very Mars-like

Now directly from the E.T. Book Cart:

| From the typed in- |

|struction manual: |

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| The E.T. is lonely |

|for friend Elliot. The |

|E.T. not wanting his |

|kind turns to earth and |

|find mars monsters that |

|eat people and make |

|prisoner to Elliot. The |

|E.T. get angry and have |

|to make Elliot safe. |

|WATCH OUT! Mars monsters|

|HUNGRY. Points go high |

|if weapon made and the |

|E.T. make Elliot safe on|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|earth. If Elliot not |

|rescue and time make |

|zero, the E.T. will die |

|too. You be brave. The |

|E.T. must be brave to |

|help friend Elliot and |

|in truth she make earth |

|happy and well. |

---So, this is a proto, which is also a pirate. Regardless, whether it is some elaborate hack or a totally original game, for what it will sell for($13 to about $20), it is a cool addition to anyone's Atari 2600 collection.

I'm honestly wondering though, why no pics of the PCB, screen shots,dump of the game,ect,ect? I mean that is normally how most go about these things when they say they want it "released" for all.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

AC, the more this goes on the more I get the feeling that you are hacking a rom and saying it is a proto. Doing stuff like this doesn't help your cause either:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...9107&hl=rom

When you do something for a prank at some point you got to come out and say it's a joke. Hacking roms is fine, but there are people out there who are actively working hard at documenting all Atari games. I really don't think they would take anything you post as genuine, and if you ever did happen to have the real deal no one would believe you as you cried wolf to many times. I honestly believe if you really had something that wasn't a spoof you would have produced it by now. Prove me wrong.

I found an untitled game with E.T. in it a few years ago. It didn't have a label and came in an ordinary atari cartridge. I just thought it was a foreign pirate cart but with the help of one of the forum members here I had the BIN file dumped and found out that it was an NTSC cart. I did get a screenshot:

post-3832-1185665809_thumb.jpg

You must destroy all of the E.T.'s before they escape. Anybody have a good name for it? :ponder:

I found an untitled game with E.T. in it a few years ago. It didn't have a label and came in an ordinary atari cartridge. I just thought it was a foreign pirate cart but with the help of one of the forum members here I had the BIN file dumped and found out that it was an NTSC cart. I did get a screenshot:

You must destroy all of the E.T.'s before they escape. Anybody have a good name for it? :ponder:

That is pretty funny. Why not call your hack "E.T. in Mars Attacks" or "Kill E.T."

All will be revealed in time. I won't release the dumped rom online, only on cart. Screenshots are coming.

I won't release the dumped rom online, only on cart.

What happened to giving the rom dump to Atariage to do with as they pleased as you mentioned so many times early on in this thread......

So if the bin was dumped were can it be found? ;)

I won't release the dumped rom online, only on cart.

What happened to giving the rom dump to Atariage to do with as they pleased as you mentioned so many times early on in this thread......

I am doing just this. I am still talking with Atari Age to have them release this rom as a cart for for a cheap price using the wonderful labels done by a very talented artist. I have been in contact with Atari Age from the beginning regarding RTE. If Atari Age decides to post the rom, then they can do this. I prefer they don't as I like the idea of people playing this on their Atari 2600's and not emulation, hence why I didn't post the file here.

As for Neotokeo2001's parody games. I say go ahead. I get great amusement out of the S.I.PLIX series, the Alien Greed Cart, and this latest incarnation which could be called "E.T. in Mars Attacks" or "KILL E.T."(names after Kill Bill film). Come on Neotokeo2001, make this on cart! And when are you going to put me in one of your games? ;)

Edited by Atari Charles

Have you shown Tempest this Taiwan prototype?

I have not been contacted or shown anything, nor do I want to be. There's something fishy and misleading about this whole sorted affair and I don't want any part of it.

Tempest