IGNORED

Super Video Question

Lumpy01

Well, I followed the instructions at this web site HERE and just completed the supervideo mod to my 800xl. The whole procedure seemed pretty simple... but I won't really know if s-video works or not until the monitor cable comes in the mail. But just to make sure everything was still working properly I hooked it up via the RF port, set the computer and TV to channel 3 and fired it up. Doh! Something ain't right here - It powers up, but the screen sort of looks like a scrambled cable channel or kind of like when you set your computer to channel 2 and your tv is set on channel 3. Damn, I hope I didn't fubar this thing up.

If you have done the supervideo modification to your 8-bit, does your RF still work afterwards?

Edited by Lumpy01

Well, I followed the instructions at this web site HERE and just completed the supervideo mod to my 800xl. The whole procedure seemed pretty simple... but I won't really know if s-video works or not until the monitor cable to come in the mail. But just to make sure everything was still working properly I hooked it up via the RF port, set the computer and TV to channel 3 and fired it up. Doh! Something ain't right here - It powers up, but the screen sort of looks like a scrambled cable channel or kind of like when you set your computer to channel 2 and your tv is set on channel 3. Damn I hope I didn't fubar this thing up.

Does RF still work correctly after doing the supervideo 2.0 mod? Help!

Anyone?

Sorry, I dont know either, I only ever had a 1200 with the super video 2.1 mod, and as that was an NTSC machine my PAL tv wouldnt work with it anyway.

Hope everything turns out to be fine when the new cable arrives

I'm pretty sure RF is supposed to work after the mod. I'll dig mine out later tonight an check it out. Did you build in the disable switch for Composite? Also, I think there is an update to some typos in that article floating around. However, not to worry, I did it per the original magazine article w/o even knowing there were typos.